Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Ugh! I have started 2 more houses and still not terribly happy with any of them. I don't do tiny well... Three different spaces on one lot means not much room for snow! lol Sorry--just frustrated.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Welp, I just got entirely derailed - I may well be without power for the next several days, so I may not even get to build at all at this point!

Hope y'all have better luck!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I really, really hope you are able to have power @creativemetaphor. Christmas holidays is NOT the time to be without electricity. I hope you have gas heat, just in case.

@iampes23 - It is definitely a challenge.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I hope Santa is bringing (or has already brought) some electricity for you @creativemetaphor !

As for me, I'm all cozy in my house and DO have a submission for this month's project. I've spent the afternoon trying to handle the pictures (I have way, way too many), and so far I've only dealt with the exterior and Santa's house. I have the stables, workshop, helpers' quarters, and the household (yeah, I got that done, too) to finish up.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! See you soon with a submission.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Wishing all of our entrants a very happy holiday season! Thanks for being a part of BuildnShare in 2018, and we look forward to seeing more entries from you in 2019 <3
    w9EglUW.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings everyone!!! I hope everyone gets some peace and joy this holiday season!!!

EWrPkk8.png

I finally have a house I am happy with. I won't have it available for Christmas, and I have a feeling it will never load to the website. lol But here is a little teaser!

jHO0Pmd.jpg

@AlphaFen posted this poem on her page. I thought you all might enjoy it too. Have a merry, merry Christmas everyone.

Ode to Health and Safety

Smoke alarms ring, are you listening
    From the stove, smoke’s a twisting
    A terrible sight
    No one’s eating tonight
    Burning in a simming wonderland

Gone away is the firefighter
    Refusing to pay is the underwriter
    Who knew it was wrong
    To cook and play at juice pong?
    Learning in a simming wonderland

Playing sims, ain’t it thrilling,
    With a risk of death so spine chilling
    I hope your Xmas is quiet and fire safety compliant
    Simming in a winter wonderland
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm just so glad you liked it @ciane :blush:

Merry Christmas from a long time thread lurker to you all! <3 Thanks for the wonderful festive builds that have kept me well stocked in Christmas cheer this month despite my sims elf and safety transgressions ;)
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #209 - Twas the Month of December
    NAME: suzses
    LINK TO LOT: Not uploaded
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHskL5xHiz
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvKZjdv
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Custom placed 30x40 in Aurora Skies; $142k.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The lot is custom placed in a large open area of Aurora Skies. Its terrain is rather uneven, which I liked for building the project, but which isn't too friendly for sharing. Since it's already after Christmas, I thought perhaps I'd try to place it on a larger lot so I could even out the terrain edges and upload that version to share NEXT year, if I remember about it by then. I also haven't uploaded the household but, again, may for next Holiday season.

Speaking of the household, I decided to make the helpers all teens so they were a bit smaller than Santa and Goody but somewhat grown up looking. They are unrelated housemates. One of the helpers is a fairy and another a warlock. Everyone else is simply human, but all have a bit of elvish point to their ears. The cat was just because.

Since I wanted to show the lot with snow and Christmas lights, the majority of my exterior pictures are in the winter at night. Because of that, I also took a few extra exterior pictures in build/buy mode to show it without snow (and more light).

I kind of chuckled when I read others' rationale for making smaller stable stalls for reindeer because I had similar thoughts but took a different approach. I decided more than one reindeer could fit in a stall and used two of the game-provided horse box stalls in my stables (because that's what I reasonably had room to accommodate). I also thought if anyone ever actually played the lot, the stalls could, if desired, be used for what the game allows (horses and unicorns).

There are again some comments below the picture titles that you may not notice if you don't scroll down.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None.

TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

46399423392_7a6c382084_c.jpg

32578053668_45aee7995c_c.jpg

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses: It looks like a Christmas card! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!
    Love the subtle red and green with the soft wood, @suzses. Great lot and great family too.

It's looks really interesting @iampes23 with lots of room.
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #209 - Twas the Month of December

It's safe to say not only had I bitten off more than I can chew with my design for this challenge but I also stretched my interpretation of the "rules" to the limit *cough* stalls *cough cough*

I wasted about a fortnight debating whether to decorate the build with christmas decorations because when you think about it, why would Mr & Mrs Claus have their house adorned with tinsel and trees? Then I thought, oh why ever not.. It is xmas after all haha

Without further ado, I present to you my piece of festive fun....

NAME: Lilypink79
    LINK TO LOT: not uploaded
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jBNwTu2D3NxXr1pm6
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: *I didn't make Rudolph (I just added the red to his nose) full credit goes to to Barebel47 over at the exchange
    LEVEL: intermediate or advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x40 £181,227 somewhere in Hidden Springs
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A few points to consider...

Main House:
    on the ground floor: Porch area's where Mr Claus likes to sit and watch the wildlife pass by (and his beloved reindeer of course), large living area (don't forget the cookies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph on Xmas eve) The hallway is just about big enough for the giant tree which leads into the kitchen, the heart of the home where you will usually find Mrs Claus baking some tasty treats to keep the workforce going

on the first floor: 1 main bedroom, When Mrs Claus' isn't baking, the second bedroom has been taken over by her sewing and craft hobbies (she's not known for being very neat and tidy)
    2 full bathrooms and an en-suite toilet/wash room

in the basement: this is where the magic happens. Santa reads every letter he receives, he makes his list, checking it twice (sometimes thrice) and then the elves set to work creating all the gifts while Santa plans his route making note of who has been extra good this year and who has been put on the naughty list.

Reindeer Stalls and Sleigh Garage: The reindeer spend most of their time roaming free in one of the many pastures surrounding the homestead, Occasionally they will spend the night in one of the stalls, although this is rare as they prefer to be outside

Elves Village:
    The Elves are shy little creatures (and quite rude too when they're busy and don't want to be disturbed by someone wanting to take way too many photo's of their personal space) Mr and Mrs Claus have an open door policy in their home and everyone gathers in the kitchen to feast and chat however it's always nice for the elves to have their own space should they need it.

** Look out for the blooper when "someone" placed a bookcase too close to the fire and didn't install a smoke alarm. Ooops

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: so many... Around The Sims, Simcredible, Lulu265, Severinka, Riccinumbers, Deeiutza, CycloneSue, Simsational, sorry if I can't remember them all
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Screenshot-114_zpst6qfcnsd.jpg

Screenshot-25_zpsjeoernoc.jpg

Wishing everyone all the best for 2019
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    @Lilypink79: Where did you get the reindeer and sleigh please? They are so cute! I may have to go back to using CC myself. :D I do miss it!
    iampes23 wrote: »
    @Lilypink79: Where did you get the reindeer and sleigh please? They are so cute! I may have to go back to using CC myself. :D I do miss it!

It's by Hexameter over at MTS
    Wow, it's hard to believe you got all that on a 30x40 lot! I love that your elves are green!!!
    @iampes23 That's a really interesting build. I especially like the balconies. I hope you get to put it up so I can see the inside. :)

@Lilypink79 Like ciane, I too am surprised you got all that on the lot. Great landscaping and house. I'm surprised how well the school bell worked on the tower. I'm coveting the reindeer and sleigh. :D I'm rarely tempted to go looking at cc because I do a lot of things where it's just inconvenient to deal with having it in my game, but I did think about it this time.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #208 - Fall Designer Showdown
    NAME: paneinger

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157238170@N02/albums/72157677152787018

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: custom placed lot; 40x30; $761,889

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I don't ever remember believing in Santa when I was little (I was raised very religious and I can remember being told that Santa was not the reason for the season and didn't exist lol) , so I think that kinda shifted my approach on the perfect Santa house. I built more of a lodge style house with Christmas decorations on every surface. Its definitely more modern than you'd think for the north pole, I think. Santa's stable is relatively small and definitely doesn't have stalls for all the reindeer, but I tested it with a couple of horses and it works great. I also rebuilt it 6 times because my game kept crashing. Instead of a sleigh, there's a massive red pickup truck with a horse trailer for all the presents. And, in keeping with the modern idea, there's no obvious workshop. Instead, there's a gardening shed in the backyard by the firewood that features an elevator down to the extensive workshop. I added the burglar alarms near the doors so you can pretend they're keypads for authorized-only entry ;)

The main part of the house is two stories high with an open vaulted ceiling, so I kinda wanted everything to be oversized. The fireplaces are huge, the main Christmas trees are two stories tall, and the tv is huge. Lots of windows, lots (and lots) of garland, lots of candles, lots of plush pillows and cozy fabrics. There are Christmas trees in nearly every room - nothing in the laundry room or closet, but that's about it.

Coming in the front door, there's a den with plenty of books and doors leading to the elves' bedroom and bathroom, and to the laundry room/back door and bathroom. A hallway leads in to the main living space with the kitchen, dining, living room, and balconies. Santa's office is directly above the kitchen and open to the living area below. The other balcony offers another seating area, plus another floor to view the tv from. The balcony leads to the master suite with the bedroom, bathroom, front deck with sauna, back deck with reading space, and private entry to Santa's office.

Outside, the stable has a small tack room and sink to wash up, plus storage for hay on the second floor and outside. There's a hot tub and another fireplace so they can stay warm and enjoy the outdoors next to the gardening shed, plus plenty of firewood. The lot has a lot of fir trees outside, and a pond with a waterfall that's just big enough to ice skate on.

Downstairs in the workshop, there are cubbies for both elves and human workers to stash their stuff before work. A command center has a wall of monitors - I suppose for high tech monitoring during Santa's deliveries? - and a wall of clocks for various time zones. And, of course, coffee. The central hub of the workshop has the spellbook on a pedestal - just pretend its a fancy setup for the book of the naughty and nice kids. The surrounding rooms all have their purposes too - restrooms, file room, a room with a weather thingy to ensure a white Christmas, a kitchen with multiple stations for baked Christmas gifts, storage room, and the toy factory. The workshop isn't as extensively decorated because, well, its a work area. But the elves can always go back upstairs to the main house to relax and enjoy all that decor ;)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: as usual, its pretty much all cc :smile:
    44701834140_b95725ed49_z.jpg

32645778428_e6d7f8fe8f_z.jpg
    All those windows give a very dramatic effect and I really like the rafters too!
  • AllarnaAllarna Posts: 9 New Member
    I only just found this today, and with only 12 hours avalible, sleeping and then nightshift new years eve, I doubt I would get it halfway started let alone completed. Looking foward to seeing all the entrents though, as have already fallen in love with one of them ones shown.
    edited December 2018
    Build-n-Share Challenge #209 **'Twas the Month of December**

NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e5qnqn4t4gnccmt/Santa%27s_New_Home.Sims3Pack/file
    and decorated for Christmas with family:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8aalf4plo3lnml/Clause_Decorated.Sims3Pack/file
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/rUg5lZ1 (some of the house pics--with snow--are on the second/family link)
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/svv7c5e6wp1bixq/Clause_Family.Sims3Pack/file
    https://imgur.com/a/Jj6cfEk
    How embarrassing! I misspelled Claus!

Samantha Clause(witch)-Classical Music+Fruit Parfait+Red+Great Kisser+Family-Oriented+Natural Cook+Savvy Sculptor+Neat
    Santa Clause(fairy)-Classical Music+Cookies+Green+Family-Oriented+Handy+Animal Lover+Artistic+Charismatic
    All elves are fairies:
    Snowette- Classical Music+Cobbler+Pink+Workaholic+Animal Lover+Artistic
    Davy- French Music+French Toast+Yellow+Workaholic+Vehicle Enthusiast+Genius
    Tink- Rock Music+Pancakes+Red+Workaholic+Vehicle Enthusiast+Artistic
    Ernie- Country Music+Mac and Cheese+Orange+Slob+Genius+Artistic
    Angel-Kids Music+Hamburger+Aqua+Workaholic+Good Sense of Humor+Neat
    Benny- Indie Music+Cheesesteak+Green+Workaholic+Bookworm+Computer Whiz
    *Santa's Reindeer are currently being housed on another farm until after Christmas due to needing vet care after the explosion* *There are many more elves not pictured, currently cleaning up the old house and lot and salvaging as many toys as possible*
    All elves work on toys and wrapping the presents that are made.
    Benny handles all toy research and helps keep track of the mail and the Nice/Naughty list.
    Angel helps Mrs. Claus with the cooking, baking, and cleaning. She is also the head present-wrapper.
    Ernie is the one lazy elf who would rather sleep than work. But he is excellent at painting small details, so Santa keeps him on.
    Tink and Davy care for the sleigh and the family truck. Tink also makes all the toy vehicles and robots. Davy makes all the computer-related gifts and music boxes. They both are good at creating new toys children love!
    Snowette helps Santa care for the reindeer and keep the stables/barn neat. She is also the head seamstress, making all the doll and action figure clothing as well as any actual clothing wishes children of all ages have. All sewing is done by hand.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Riverview, 15 Hidden Grove Lane, 40x30, $708,179 (not decorated for Christmas)
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Sorry--I am moving and VERY short on time to finish this up, so the labels on the pics may be missing this time. Also, the ceilings in the basement where not showing properly. Again, I did not have time to mess with it and try to fix them.
    Since the blow up, Santa and a handful of his usual team of elves have been hard at work to catch up on the presents that need to be delivered this year. Once the presents are made and wrapped, each present is magically shrunk and added to his huge bag, currently being keep in the covered of his new flying "sleigh," a request of Mrs. Claus who worries that Santa may catch cold one of these Christmases. Anyway, the house itself has two bedrooms and two and half baths, a large kitchen and a living room. The female elves sleep in the house. The male elves bunk in a large room in the basement. They have a second kitchen in the basement for the times the elves are working as well as for baking and canning purposes. There are five more bathrooms down there, as well as two saunas, a movie theater, a games room, a glass-blowing studio, and a study for Santa. A sub-basement houses all the toys and gifts that are waiting to be wrapped and a utility area with the AC and heat systems and a weather changer, just in case Christmas is not cold enough or needs snow. :D

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: only my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    yhF2MqI.jpg
    piscnyT.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited December 2018
    ciane wrote: »
    Wow, it's hard to believe you got all that on a 30x40 lot! I love that your elves are green!!!
    suzses wrote: »

@Lilypink79 Like ciane, I too am surprised you got all that on the lot. Great landscaping and house. I'm surprised how well the school bell worked on the tower. I'm coveting the reindeer and sleigh. :D I'm rarely tempted to go looking at cc because I do a lot of things where it's just inconvenient to deal with having it in my game, but I did think about it this time.

I think I surprised myself how much I could fit in lol I've added a few extra shots to the media album to show lot size

@suzses I have a user account on my pc that I just use for building,it's unreal the amount of cc I dump in and out of it, I occasionally have oops moments with dodgy cc, but at least it doesn't bork my saved games. I must admit I love cc and would hoard it if my pc loved me enough was high spec enough to cope with it. I daren't go over 7gb although I know some people with 40gb :s

@paneinger that balcony... the study... those windows... WOW!

@iampes - Wow! You really outdid yourself. That is very impressive!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2018
    Happy New Year's Eve :) May you all have a Happy New Year

I missed the Christmas rush but made it before the end of the year.

Since I am the only one left in the Intermediate group I will forego the usual formal entry and critique but just show a bit of what I came up with.

Starting in the lower left hand corner we have a "Pictures with Santa" cabin. In the upper left corner is a stable with a small petting area and a large hay loft above. (When I was testing things I noticed Mr and Mrs Claus keep sneaking up into to loft and doing some smooching. Too cute!)

Front and center is the main house. The lower level has an entry way with a Christmas tree, to the left is the living room and to the right is the kitchen and dining room.

Upstairs are the master bedroom with fireplace and en suite bath, the hall has a sofa, chess and bookcase. The "elves" room has two sets of bunk beds, a domino table and attached bath.

At the right hand side of the property is the work shop. Lower level has the toy machine, an office for Santa and a few other toy making items. Upstairs is a small break room, a wrapping area (YES! I totally stole that wrapping paper idea from Suzses <3 ) and more toy making items.

Snowy night

46546001391_17f47d1b7f_c.jpg

Pictures with Santa cabin
    32672811068_e8808435d3_z.jpg

Here is a small slide show...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157675058752847/with/46545998581/
    edited December 2018
    ciane wrote: »
    @iampes - Wow! You really outdid yourself. That is very impressive!

LOL Thanks! I did say I have trouble doing "small," and I really was not joking. I tried to make the lot fairly stand-alone, so the family does not have to leave for much. Maybe groceries. Maybe. :smiley:

Kgaff wrote: »
    Happy New Year's Eve :) May you all have a Happy New Year

At the right hand side of the property is the work shop. Lower level has the toy machine, an office for Santa and a few other toy making items. Upstairs is a small break room, a wrapping area (YES! I totally stole that wrapping paper idea from Suzses <3 ) and more toy making items.

Oh! Did Suzses have a wrapping area? *checks out the link and it loads this time* AWWW! rofl I thought it was an idea no one else had come up with! Oh well... Love your idea of a place for pictures with Santa!!!

All the entries so far are beautiful!!! Great job everyone! We still have a few hours left :D

o:)HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! >:)

I too love the pictures with Santa building, and I love the big, little, big, little, big gable mix on the main house, the offset wooden toy shop, and the open aspects of the stables. Very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top