Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Has Moved! (updated Oct 1, 2018)

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The new site has been under heavy DDoS attack since it was launched and periodically it does go down for a couple of hours (if that) at a time. Yesterday's outage was particularly long; it's back up now. But we are in the process of moving to a new web host that will work with us to deflect the attacks rather than keep shutting us down for excessive bandwidth usage like the current one is doing. I'm afraid the outages will continue for that reason and to facilitate the shift to the new web host for another week or two and ask that players who need us please be patient. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ll62518475ll62518475 Posts: 2 New Member
    Right... So if NRaas Mod Updater will no longer be working, then how the f am i supposed to effectively keep installed mods up to date?
  • ll62518475ll62518475 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thats gonna be a hassle.
    edited December 2018
    ll62518475 wrote: »
    Thats gonna be a hassle.
    You might check on the Update History page occasionally to see if there have been any new releases. Development is stalled right now anyway because our developer/webmaster hasn't figured out how to clone himself into two different people and just doesn't have time for both.

The Mod Updater tool was designed specifically for Wikispaces' environment. It needs to be redone for the new one, and will be sometime in the future. I'm very sorry, but we did not arrange for our former hosts at Wikispaces to go out of business just to make things inconvenient for you or anyone else. It's been a hassle for us as well, and that's putting things mildly.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Merry Christmas to the Nraas team! Thank you for all of your wonderful mods :)
  • startrek49startrek49 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have always used nras mods but for some reason a few of them are not working in my game. Feb 12-2019 the once read mod error trap master controller cheats..?? not sure why.. anyone can help ???
    startrek49 wrote: »
    I have always used nras mods but for some reason a few of them are not working in my game. Feb 12-2019 the once read mod error trap master controller cheats..?? not sure why.. anyone can help ???
    We would be happy to help with that, but support for the mods is provided at NRaas. Our main message board is called Chatterbox and we also have one for Installation Help. Either one is fine to use, free registration is required to post. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    is it working already or not ? can't seem to download anything, it give me an error
    edited February 2019
    norhane wrote: »
    is it working already or not ? can't seem to download anything, it give me an error
    Downloads have been working on our site since the day we moved, Oct 1, 2018. Except of course when the entire site was not stable and totally unreachable at times due to what were incessant Denial of Service attacks, but we've changed web hosts and fixed that months ago.

Perhaps you could bring the download issues you are having to us at NRaas so we can help over there? There is a forum board specifically for Site Help and Feedback. Getting the exact wording of the error you are getting and on which exact files (over there, I mean) might help too.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi. I get a network error message when trying to update to Mover, once read, Once read Tablet works though. Overwatch gives me an error too. As does Portrait panel, saver, story progression, and a whole bunch more that give me errors when I try to update them.
    Post edited by simgirl542 on
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Hi. I get an error message when trying to update to Mover, once read, Once read Tablet works though. Overwatch gives me an error too. As does Portrait panel
    Did this just happen a short while ago? Our developer was doing some work on the site's server and needed to reboot it. Everything was down for around ten or fifteen minutes but seems to be operational again, including downloads.

If that's no help, I would ask if you could please bring the issues to our attention over at NRaas, on the Site Help board.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/site-help-and-feedback
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I typed my comment above as I was updating the mods for my game so I wouldn't forget which mods were giving me problems.
    I'll look again to see if any of them have different dates from the ones I have and update them if they do.
    I just checked. I'm still getting a network error when I click on the button that says version on it.

How do I know which dates on my mods are too old? I have some that say 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Can I still play with them even though the dates go back that far? I can't put a picture in here so I can't show you what I'm talking about.
    edited April 2019
    @simgirl542 - I didn't understand where you were getting the error. The download button is to the right of the one that says Version on it. The Version button doesn't do anything currently, it's supposed to trigger the display of release notes but those are not yet available on the new site. The version number is already displayed on each mod page.

We can't really go by dates because the mods have been updated at all different times though their evolution. What you can do is examine a script log that produces a list of all of your NRaas mods (among some others) at the end and compare the version numbers you have to those that appear on the right sidebar of every page (in full-sized browser windows). Or you could use Overwatch to show all of them for you in-game by way of NRaas > Overwatch > Version.

This isn't really a help thread though, this was an announcement about the site move. I'm going to have to again suggest you bring questions like this to us at NRaas if the above doesn't give you the info you needed.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    nraas is love, nraas is life. nraas is the reason sims 3 is still so playable today :) i dunno what i'd do without you guys!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    I am a reasonably new simmer i played a few years ago vanilla then lsot interest now im back and i honestly feel like nrass just makes the sims a new game it gives so many new features i mean using woohooer my 2 male sims tried for a baby and had quadruplets lol lotta work but worth it plus i was able to make the one of the parents a hybrid and i am absolutely in love with traveler moving from town to town with ease and still retaining relationships to all my relatives nrass is soo good!!!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Gamer43251 wrote: »
    I am a reasonably new simmer i played a few years ago vanilla then lsot interest now im back and i honestly feel like nrass just makes the sims a new game it gives so many new features i mean using ******** my 2 male sims tried for a baby and had quadruplets lol lotta work but worth it plus i was able to make the one of the parents a hybrid and i am absolutely in love with traveler moving from town to town with ease and still retaining relationships to all my relatives nrass is soo good!!!

@Gamer43251, Hello and welcome to the forums... 😀 Might I suggest that once you become a full member that you edit your post as we are not allowed to mention the mod that you have in it as it can raise the rating.
  • Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    Oh i apologize and yes as soon as i get a high enough role i will do so ty for the tip
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I am glad nraas site still exist! Thanks for the information.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Just checking.... in my Sims 3 folder, I got a Script Error XML thing. I clicked on it, and it says "correction log". Lots of things pop up like "destroyed object found" etc. I didn't notice the game crash... this is just Error Trap doing its thing, right? I didn't get any kind of pop up in game.
    Just checking.... in my Sims 3 folder, I got a Script Error XML thing. I clicked on it, and it says "correction log". Lots of things pop up like "destroyed object found" etc. I didn't notice the game crash... this is just Error Trap doing its thing, right? I didn't get any kind of pop up in game.
    ErrorTrap will occasionally, at least once per game session for most players, produce a Correction and a Dereferencing Log. These are harmless data cleanups that the mod is doing and not a cause for concern. Overwatch will also produce a cleanup log after its overnight run each sim night.

I'd like to point out though that while I love providing support for players using our mods, that is better done over at NRaas or if it must be here then on other threads. This one was a stickied announcement about the move to our new site just over a year ago and wasn't really meant to be a mod support mechanism. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Thanks @igazor , I posted something there.