Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4, last Sims game ever?

Got a weird post on one of my builds ... someone said they liked my builds but to not get used to it, because this was the last Sims ever. Is this game going to be discontinued or no more expansions or what? It was really weird.

I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No, don't worry. The series will continue for years (or decades).
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    That is a really weird/strangely ominous comment to get. :D At this point we don't technically know either way, but no doubt the Sims won't be going anywhere anytime soon, as the previous poster said.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Interesting.

Well, I know that when TS2 released in 2004, TS3 was already being developed around that time.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/richard-evans-8b1b281

However, I don't know if TS4 was even in development at all if it's true about The Sims Olympus since that became TS4 because of the failure of SimCity being forced online, etc. The sudden change from an online, cross-platform and social game into a so-called life simulator that, to me, clearly doesn't play like one with so many red flags that TS2 and TS3 introduced gone unreasonably missing in TS4.

(North America release dates)
    The Sims life span was from January 31, 2000 - October 29, 2003
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_(video_game)

The Sims 2 life span was from September 14, 2004 - November 17, 2008
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2#Expansion_packs

The Sims 3 life span was from June 2, 2009 - October 22, 2013
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3#Expansion_packs

The Sims 4 is from September 2, 2014 - Ongoing

I read quite a few complaints about the life span thus far concerning TS4 and how it doesn't even have half of what TS2 and/or TS3 has, however, some are paying the higher price for something less than stellar expecting it to magically get better with more time than TS2/TS3 ever needed to get right, for most part, the first time. That's probably because the past games had a strict focus on what it is and what it is not while TS4 just lost its true core of what it means to be The Sims and veered so far from the path that I don't even consider it a real sequel. Just a wannabe poser trying so hard to use The Sims title as bait to lure in anyone based on the popularity and success of previous iterations in the series. Of course, there are some who genuinely like TS4 and that's fine. We all have our own preferences in the types of games we play and what's worth our money or not.

Also, I imagine TS3 development team may have been the largest of any Sims game to date and why expansion packs, stuff packs and The Store content release schedules kept game content coming without too long of a wait. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't mind a longer wait if it means better quality control and more in-depth features, etc.

It's just unfortunate, that The Sims franchise's future is changing into something that I no longer care for. Because The Sims really was an unique and one-of-a-kind game that deserves so much more than...TS4 in my opinion.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    See, I played Sims, but didn't really like Sims 2, and never played Sims 3 ... plus I did try the other Sim games and Sims Online was really awful, had too many trolls and abuses. I like Sims 4, so far, though it is a bit limiting. I would prefer to have more of what we had in OG Sims ... especially with the expansions....I really really liked them. But, again, the poster that made that weird remark, well, it was just that, weird. Thanks for your responses guys.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!