Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patches for The Sims 3?

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Friday Highlight December 14th - A week on The Sims forums.

Moving this to a new thread, as it doesn't belong where it was posted ;)
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• Chanty88Chanty88 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there still any patches available for Sims 3?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mai -I've had to download the 167 manual superpatch a few times in case I ever reinstall my game or install on a new computer.That highlights thread wasn't meant for this topic though a newcomer might not know that and can't start a new thread.
    @Chanty88 -I would check to see if the 167 superpatch is still available if you need it or want to download a back up installer for it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Chanty88 The Super Patch will patch your game to 1.67 and is still offered for download from EA servers; here's the link on this site:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulative-manual-update#latest

This patch is only necessary if you're on a disc install, or an Origin install onto a mac. (In both these cases, it should be run before you start playing.) But if you install via Origin into Windows, you automatically land on patch 1.69. If you install via Steam, you get a fully patched version 1.67. Either way, the Super Patch will do nothing at best, and trying to run it could break your install.

Just a note: Patch 1.67 came out almost five years ago and was the last time the game files themselves were altered in any way. Patch 1.69 was released three years ago, but it didn't fix any in-game issues. Its only functions were to introduce the pack selector in the launcher and to force TS3 to be launched via Origin. So which of these patches you use has no bearing on how well the game itself runs.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    The biggest difference between 167 and that 169 Plague is that 169 requires the game to be launched though Origin and the launcher which slows down starting the game up while I'm able to click on a shortcut and start directly without the launcher or Origin running and can still select games using a toll from MTS.I would't downpatch except by uninstalling the digital installs if I had disks for all of the games and start reinstalling the game from the disks after cleaning the registry with the patch being applied after installing the base game.The game takes up moew computer resources on 169 than on 167 as I found out from others who got that plague and have had issues with running the game on older computers.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There is an auto patcher mod that patches every EP for you
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg