Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• FriskierKitty422FriskierKitty422 Posts: 71 Member
    helen912 wrote: »
    Hello. This "no module found Services"- "Error" can be ignored.
    The .py file you have to put into the lib Folder of your python program. After having finished the procedure of importing, you will find the .pyc in the lib Cache Folder. :)

@helen912 Thank you for this! According to the instructions on the BAC site, it just says to put it in the Install directory. So I've moved it, and now I'm getting a Syntax error for an "unexpected character after line continuation character" ... where there's nothing there. I'm still typing in "import {career-file.py}" right?

This is what I'm doing...
    import-py.jpg

And then....
    python-error.jpg

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @FriskierKitty422 Don't put the file in the Lib subdirectory. Put it in the Python directory itself and drop the Lib\ part of the address. Also, perhaps you have a space there at the end of the import line?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising That's what I was doing before. Then I get this stuff...

python-direc.jpg

and this...
    python-error2.jpg

And nothing new is in my _pycache_ folder.
    You can ignore that "services" report - it doesn't affect what we need Python to do. Just look after in the right folder to find the created file.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • VeNGeAnCe_11VeNGeAnCe_11 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm a noob when it comes to this tool and this has probably been asked a thousand times already so forgive me.
    So I'm wanting to create a daytime weekend job for teens (similar to how the Manual Laborer works) but I'm clueless on how to get the career recognised as a Teen only job. Help?
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Simmiller wrote: »
    I re-exported my careers, and the pay rates are in there according to the xml files, but my sims are not getting paid :( Any thoughts on why this might be?

I am quite sure that you still have the old Commons file (August 2nd) in your .zip . At least that's what I did wrong. After Dled Neia Commons package from December 5th, my Sims were payed again. :smile: If that is not the fault, sorry, than I cannot help any further.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Simmiller wrote: »
    I re-exported my careers, and the pay rates are in there according to the xml files, but my sims are not getting paid :( Any thoughts on why this might be?

I am quite sure that you still have the old Commons file (August 2nd) in your .zip . At least that's what I did wrong. After Dled Neia Commons package from December 5th, my Sims were payed again. :smile: If that is not the fault, sorry, than I cannot help any further.

No worries, @helen912, @Simmiller was testing on her old version which is why they weren't getting paid for her :)

Also, the Commons.package only includes objectives (requirements for being promoted), so it wouldn't affect sims being paid. Additionally, the Objective XMLs had no changes with the November patch, so there's no differences between the 8/2 Commons.package and the one from the Help page. I double checked by comparing the two when I saw it mentioned last week since I do the Broken Mods list over at SimsVIP.

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • koldatsoldatkoldatsoldat Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia I cannot create a new account at your website. The captcha kept on loading infinitely. I tried rebooting/reinstalling my browser cache and restarting PC and it does not work. Please fix the captcha issue?
    edited December 2018
    You can ignore that "services" report - it doesn't affect what we need Python to do. Just look after in the right folder to find the created file.

@luthienrising I'm doing everything you guys are saying to do. Unfortunately, nothing is being created in any of the _pycache_ subfolders.

EDIT: DURR! I apparently forgot that I needed to run Python as an admin (despite being the only user) and when I did, BAM. _pycache_ appeared and there was the file. So sorry for the dumbness!

**I guess this comment could be deleted**
  • Sora7RSora7R Posts: 1 New Member
    Nothing happens when I try to export from your site... I tried it on two different browsers. Anyone know what the problem could be?
    Hello all guies, :smile: , dear Neia:

After last Patch (yesterday or the day before), is it neccessary to explore and download our careers again? I am not really firm in updating myself, and better I ask here, I think … :smiley:

Anwers from each one very welcome! :wink:
  • stbnchristinestbnchristine Posts: 30 Member
    I am also not able to export my career creation package/zip file. I've tried two different browsers, unblocked pop ups, and dropped security.
  • PETD33PETD33 Posts: 18 Member
    I stumped onto this create a career but I don't seem to make the career I made work.
    Could someone please advice?
    Thanks!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member

After last Patch (yesterday or the day before), is it neccessary to explore and download our careers again? I am not really firm in updating myself, and better I ask here, I think … :smiley:

No, you should be fine.
  • KoruchanKoruchan Posts: 2 New Member
    > @PETD33 said:
    > I stumped onto this create a career but I don't seem to make the career I made work.
    > Could someone please advice?
    > Thanks!

There is a tutorial I used and my careers work just fine. Apparently my account won't let me post links yet, so I can't link it to you, but it's on modthesims. Just do a search for "Tutorial for Neia's Online Create-a-Career Tool" by "simmiller" and it should pop up.

The only thing out of date is that when you use python to make your script, the tutorial says you get a .pyo file, but the most recent version gives you a .pyc. They work the same way, so just use it like a .pyo.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

No, you should be fine.

Great, thank you 4 answering!
    Koruchan wrote: »
    > @PETD33 said:
    > I stumped onto this create a career but I don't seem to make the career I made work.
    > Thanks!

There is a tutorial I used and my careers work just fine. Apparently my account won't let me post links yet, so I can't link it to you, but it's on modthesims. Just do a search for "Tutorial for Neia's Online Create-a-Career Tool" by "simmiller" and it should pop up.

The only thing out of date is that when you use python to make your script, the tutorial says you get a .pyo file, but the most recent version gives you a .pyc. They work the same way, so just use it like a .pyo.

I do not have .pyo or .pyc, I only have .py.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    PETD33 wrote: »
    > @PETD33 said:
    > Thanks!

That's what you get from the site download. Keep following the rest of the instructions and you'll be getting a .pyc from Python.
    PETD33 wrote: »
    > @PETD33 said:
    > Thanks!

That's what you get from the site download. Keep following the rest of the instructions and you'll be getting a .pyc from Python.

Cool, it worked now.
    I actually misread something there.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE HERE! :smiley:
    And also a happy New Year! :smiley:
  • xlisa93xlisa93 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible to create afterschool activities (like scouting and drama club) with this mod? And if so, are there any yet?
    I just want to ask if any one had the issue with the careers you created as well.
    The careers I created, does not reflect the time on the start hour is different in game.
    Like for example: I created 0900 in the create-a-career while in game, it is 2300.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with it?
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    > @PETD33 said:
    > I just want to ask if any one had the issue with the careers you created as well.
    > The careers I created, does not reflect the time on the start hour is different in game.
    > Like for example: I created 0900 in the create-a-career while in game, it is 2300.
    >
    > Can someone tell me what is wrong with it?

Don't use 0900, use 09 instead and it should work for you :)
  • crdroxxplcrdroxxpl Posts: 9 New Member
    SO, I have created and tested my career and followed your steps and Simmiller's FAQs. I have a problem where level 5 of my Starting career is blank in game DESPITE being in my files on you tool. This also happens with the first alphabetical branch of my career when it branches off for promotions. That text is missing from in game, and is again posted in all the areas required in the tool. Is this a Python issue? I'm not familiar with using Python in Sims 4 as I was used to using Notepad++ for Sims 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top