Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need Help on the Tutoring

Is there anybody here who can tell me what to do to satisfy the Tutoring part (Teacher Extraordinaire) of the Logic skill challenges? I have my sim sit down w/her son and she will tutor him until he gets 1 skill pt. After that, it just will not work. Does it have to be a different skill or or a different sim kid or what?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Tutoring children (tends to improve their school grades, not skills) and tutoring sims for skill building are two different things, each with their own player-directed command and skill challenge. On the children one, could be mistaken but I believe if they already have an A average in school then there is nothing for them to be tutored on.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    OK, that makes sense. Until now, I've never worked w/this skill challenge so I'm quite unfamiliar w/it. What I could do is try neighbor children he brings home and if that doesn't work, I'll let his grades drop a bit. Thanks for the tip Igazor!
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Ok, I think I got it now. It has to do w/homework. If the kid has done his/her homework, tutoring will not work, but if they have not done it, then it will work. I just tried and canceling out "do homework" on her son, she was able to tutor him. The same goes for neighbor kids.