Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimPoints sale on Origin

Origin is having a holiday sale right now, and while none of TS3's packs are discounted, SimPoint bundles are all 50% off. Origin's sale page says the sale will go through January 11 at 10 am PST (6 pm UTC).

If anyone wants to buy packs, @ZeeGee mentioned here that Steam is having its usual 75% off sale through January 3 (again, 10 am PST/6 pm UTC). All packs are $5 U.S. You'd need to buy the base game in Steam as well, but for another $5, it's still cheaper than buying a pack from Origin at full price. Plus, you'd get another 1,000 SimPoints for registering that copy of the base game to your Origin account.

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Well at least we know the store will be there for awhile still if they're still selling simpoints!!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @puzzlezaddict Thanks for this information. I just bought some simpoints. Although there is very little left in the Store that I actually want for myself, it will come in handy for gifting :)
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I've been posting these sales on my TS3 store site wall.
    One thing I mentioned there that I want to mention here as well...

If you're missing stuff packs that you want, Steam has the stuff packs in a bundle, you can get for 23.94 USD
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6157/The_Sims_3_Stuff_Bundle/
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I’ve never seen simpoints go on sale before. Thanks for posting this! Now I just have to remember my login :open_mouth:
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    When will Origin have a sale on S3 Stuff Packs? All my EPs and the base game are on Origin. I do not want to buy them all again.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited December 2018
    @EricasFreePlay -- You wouldn't have to buy everything again. But it will still cost you about $30.00 USD, for you have to rebuy the base game before you can by the SP bundle. All of them can be registered on Origin where you can continue to play your game.

The unanswered question is if Origin will have the Stuffs for sale. We need a crystal ball for that.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When will Origin have a sale on S3 Stuff Packs? All my EPs and the base game are on Origin. I do not want to buy them all again.
    No one here would have any idea, but if you purchase (not install) the Steam version of the base game and all of the packs you are currently lacking, not the ones you already have, you get an Origin install code for everything thrown in at no extra charge which you can then add to your existing setup by way of Origin. The extra base game purchase, that you don't need for anything except to allow Steam to sell you the Stuff Packs, also comes with 1,000 store points as @puzzlezaddict said.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I will just buy download codes from GameStop for the games I do not own. I do not need a second base game.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @EricasFreePlay The point is that it's much cheaper overall to go through Steam and buy the second base game for $5, and then the extra packs you want, also for $5 each, than it is to pay full price (or even a modest discount) through Origin, or GameStop, or another authorized retailer. The second copy of the base game does nothing but sit in your Steam and Origin game libraries collecting virtual dust, except for earning you an extra 1,000 SimPoints, of course. If you don't want the points, you don't even have to register that second base game code at all—you can simply register the other codes that Steam provides and never login to Steam again.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Since it's been a couple of weeks, I wanted to bump this for anyone who hasn't seen it or might have forgotten.

Origin's sale is still going on, and SimPoints are still 50% off. (No other TS3 content is part of the sale; and of course Steam's sale is over now.) The sale ends on Friday (January 11) at 10 am PST/6 pm UTC.