Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Wonderful new entries - will have to comment about them later... now I just have to fall down to my bed before I get a migraine from being exhausted.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited December 2018
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Wonderful new entries - will have to comment about them later... now I just have to fall down to my bed before I get a migraine from being exhausted.

I hope that you can get some restful sleep @Gwiniel :) Goodnight <3

Edit : I just looked at the update to your spoiler. It was very interesting and nice seeing the pictures that you posted, and reading about the days leading up to and on Christmas Day. The cemeteries with the candles would be very pretty. It would be a source of comfort, as at Christmastime many people all around the world miss their precious loved ones that have passed away <3 It is very nice that you make your own handmade Christmas cards.
    May you have a very lovely Christmastime :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow
    image.png
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Gwiniel I'm so sorry about your exhaustion and the migraine I hope you successfully avoided by the time you read this. I suffer from chronic (ongoing battle) migraines and know they are no fun at all. I hope you will have time to rest and enjoy your Christmastime now, and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

I loved reading your description of the Finnish Christmastime traditions! You did a wonderful job of conveying the details, and I also enjoyed your personal history shares! Very nice. Thank you for sharing. I do hope you will look up the book - or the trilogy may be in print there in the original language (Norwegian), if you can read that? Kristin Lavransdatter is available in many translations, prints, and in the one volume version or the three separate ones on Amazon... If you are able to order from Amazon in your location?

Anyway, thank you for sharing (I had not originally seen that the story was in a 'spoiler' accordion). :)<3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Dining room for a small family celebrating Christmas in a particular country
    Gallery name of room: Kiwi Christmas Dining
    Origin id: kelzmckean
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1046773A067011E98C46526B46B29011
    Description: Like others I also chose my home country. I went for Christmas in New Zealand which means summer, holiday time, family and food. I chose to create a very simple dining room with big sliding doors as part of a Kiwi 'bach' (holiday home). These are traditionally not very fancy, but meant for multiple generations to share and have fun on vacation. For Christmas my Sims have mixed a little of the old tradition with the Christmas tree with more 'Kiwi' styles by using strings of jandal (flip flop) lights and the surfing santa. They're ready for a great meal and relaxation!
    c0cfed0e-d1c9-49d6-9075-94da8fd468ce-original.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds
    45611d32-4bb0-4d6d-bf53-9b59389773c4-original.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds
    34b7426a-5a43-495c-8ca0-ac2be24a5827-original.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds
    f6e10503-ba27-4ddd-99ef-f23a08816efa-original.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds
    54b02d48-77e2-48db-ab10-ccb488687a5a-original.png?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds

My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
    Kiwi Christmas Dining is a very nice festive dining room for celebrating Christmas in New Zealand! @Kelz :) It has a very nice calming , light and casual feel to the room. It suits well the Summery Christmas season. The Surfin Santa, and the surfboards and strings of footwear lights on the wall are great touches in the room! It is nice that wooden dining seating and table are used in the room. The mason jar with candles is a calming touch on the table top. The colour of the walls looks nice and Summery, and the heart wall decor is special for Christmastime <3 It is great that there are sliding doors. The bird pictures on the walls to reflect kiwis is a very nice touch. Very nice wall area in the room, with the pretty Christmas tree, and colourful Christmas presents for the Sims to enjoy unwrapping. The new patch festive wall pictures look nice placed between the lights. The festive plant is a nice touch of nature in the room. It is great that there are plates, cups and serviettes on the wall table as well as condiments and utensils to use for their meals.
    It is a very nice New Zealand themed festive dining room ! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    edited December 2018

Theme for the Week: A Family dining room celebrating Christmas in a particular country
    Room Type: Dining Room
    Gallery ID: Native Xmas Dining
    Room Size: 7x10
    Room Value: $38,771
    Gallery ID: Adoriyah's Gallery

This is supposed to give off a cozy, Native American type feel, With a light touch of xmas decorations. There's a small lounge area for the family to go after dinner, to open gifts.

*Smoke Alarm & Fire Prevention System are tucked away behind the chimney.

C6qFZ63.png
    M5LeETD.png
    CfT0XuG.png
    Z2qI0u0.png
    LEG32e2.png
    yWhyPdW.png
    Post edited by Adoriyah on
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
    edited December 2018
    Native Xmas Dining looks very warming and cosy @Adoriyah :) It is special and nice that you have designed a Native American dining room. Very nice natural furnishing of the room! The wooden walls and flooring give a very nice feel to the room, and the wooden texture of the dining table and chairs is very nice. They capture well the theme of the room. The candles and Christmas log are nice festive touches on the dining table for Sims to see whilst enjoy eating their Christmas meal. The Native Anerican themed items on the wall table, on the corner stool , on the fireplace ledge and beside the fireplace, the vases beside the sofa seat , and the Native American wall pictures are nice touches. Sims will enjoy the nice sound of the windchimes. The type of fireplace used suits well the type of room. The duck is a great touch on the fireplace ledge, and the new patch festive pictures look great on the fireplace wall. The white lights on the fireplace wall , and the candles on the corners of the fireplace area look very pretty. The festive garland is nice on the front of the fireplace. The patterned floor rugs add a very nice look to the room. Very nice sofa and armchair corner sitting nook. Sims will enjoy resting there chatting after their Christmas meal. They will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense filling the room.The ceiling candlelights look nice. Very nice Christmas tree corner! It looks very nice the way that Christmas presents are near the base of the trees, ready to be unwrapped. The reindeer is nice there. Sims will enjoy listening to the guitar being played whilst they are dining.
    It is a very nice natural, wooden themed and festive dining room. Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    edited December 2018
    Love, love, love your cabin @AlJay <3<3<3<3 And the sim family story.

Nice @Allears, although the thought of Australia's heat, beaches, water games etc. feels very alien to me since I love winter and snow and without it, it just wouldn't feel like Christmas at all. Then again, if I had born and raised there, it might be another story. Anyway, the patio/backyard is beautiful, specially with the view towards ocean <3

Simple, yet festive - nicely done @SimTresa.

Thank you @rosemow and @SheriGR <3 Unfortunately didn't avoid the migraine fully but with pain killers and going to sleep the time I did prevented a full-blown migraine, although I had to take more pain killers after waking up to get the last throbbing out of my head without it escalating into a new migraine. Am really sorry @SheriGR for your chronic migraine. I get them as well few times a month... in summer 2016 I was hospitalized because of a horrible migraine episode that lasted a week. The pain was so bad it affected my heart dropping the rate down to 28 at lowest and they took MRI of my head that I didn't have a stroke or a tumor of some sort. Luckily all was clear. But that was the worst week of my entire life what comes to physical pain.

Lovely dining room in the heat of summer Christmas @Kelz, just like Allears' Australian. I bet that people both in New Zealand and Australia prefer being outdoors rather than baking indoors ;)

What a wonderful Christmas room @Adoriyah <3 I hoped a lot that someone would do a Native American one, if they celebrate the holiday, or how they spend the season with their rich and long culture.
    Post edited by Gwiniel on
    @SheriGR Finland doesn't have that much in common with Norway as i.e. Sweden and Norway do. Our language is a world apart, originating from completely different languages: Finnish derives from Uralic languages so Hungarian is closer. Swedish and Norwegian both derive from Proto-Germanic languages. Just a little bit of information.

Unfortunately I can't Swedish or Norwegian, although I spend 6 years studying Swedish in school. But after high school I had no need to use it on daily basis so I've long forgotten the words and grammar. Only Finnish and a bit of English. So I hope I could find a print of the book(s) in Finnish. :)
    I am so sorry to hear that you experience migraines @Gwiniel :( Migraines are very awful! They are very tiring and painful, and can make you feel very sick. I send hugs to you <3
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Hi everyone! I finally had time to finish my room. This time it was really hard for me to come up with an idea. Since Mr. Hosni (egyptian) and me (turkish) don't actually celebrate christmas I couldnt relate to that whole country theme BUUUT then I was browsing through my pinterest and saw something Japanese related and I had to try something Japanese inspired for this challenge. I hope you all have wonderful christmas days with all your loved ones. <3

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Dining room for a small family celebrating Christmas in a particular country
    Gallery name of room: Japanese Christmas
    Origin id: EESAZ07
    Gallery link: Here
    Description: The newly weds Jaime and Steve are hosting a Christmas Dinner Party for their Families. (They can't actually eat at that coffeetable but i made sure they can sit on the cushions and eat while holding the plates on their hands.)
    9k9Ohm3.png
    I8r8qMO.png
    drvh5gl.png
    I5MpwTM.png
    HHxIwKT.png
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    @SheriGR Finland doesn't have that much in common with Norway as i.e. Sweden and Norway do. Our language is a world apart, originating from completely different languages: Finnish derives from Uralic languages so Hungarian is closer. Swedish and Norwegian both derive from Proto-Germanic languages. Just a little bit of information.

Unfortunately I can't Swedish or Norwegian, although I spend 6 years studying Swedish in school. But after high school I had no need to use it on daily basis so I've long forgotten the words and grammar. Only Finnish and a bit of English. So I hope I could find a print of the book(s) in Finnish. :)

I am so impressed that you know additional languages, and am completely ignorant to the language origins and roots in that area, so I appreciate the details. Yes, I hope they sell it in a Finnish translation. I have no idea if they translated into other languages than English, and if that is not your first language it may be frustrating, as some of the content is a touch 'archaic'. Your English is awesome in your posts! I am very impressed learning it is not your first language! We had a German exchange student (high school) that lived with us and English was much, much 'easier' for him than the exchange student we had for four years from Korea. German is close to English in origins, etc., but Korean is basically the opposite. It was a slow, painful process for my Korean son to learn, embrace, and dream in English. And the culture shock was another thing. He came to us at 15 years old. I can't even imagine doing that at that age! I have so much love and respect for him, and he is now my fourth son.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    edited December 2018
    Thank you @rosemow and @SheriGR <3 Unfortunately didn't avoid the migraine fully but with pain killers and going to sleep the time I did prevented a full-blown migraine, although I had to take more pain killers after waking up to get the last throbbing out of my head without it escalating into a new migraine. Am really sorry @SheriGR for your chronic migraine. I get them as well few times a month... in summer 2016 I was hospitalized because of a horrible migraine episode that lasted a week. The pain was so bad it affected my heart dropping the rate down to 28 at lowest and they took MRI of my head that I didn't have a stroke or a tumor of some sort. Luckily all was clear. But that was the worst week of my entire life what comes to physical pain.

@Gwiniel I am so sorry about your migraine battle. I have never had one that went full blown then also lasted for a week. That is horrible - and very scary!! I'm so sorry! I hope that never happens again - or anything close to it! I had a series of migraines that went into such a stiff neck that it pinched a nerve in my neck last year and caused this deep, incessant pain in my arm and one finger and thumb. Thought I may be having a heart attack. I hate, hate going to the doctor, and fought it for a week. I won't put you through details, but by the time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was over 250 (maybe 260-something?) - just from the pain. I don't know how people cope that have that kind of pain constantly. I'd rather go through all of that again - or even childbirth (I've done it 4 times all natural, no pain meds or that spinal block thing) than go through a full-blown migraine for a week, though. :(

Four words. Thank God for sumatriptan.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    Japanese Christmas is a very nice dining room for celebrating Christmas in Japan ! @MrsHosni :) The design and furnishing of the room to reflect the Japanese theme looks very nice! The colour scheme looks very nice and gives a very peaceful feel to the room. It looks very nice the way that the coffee table is set up in the middle of the room with the Christmas place settings, the glasses , and the nice calming festive candles. The food on the table looks delicious ! It looks great the way that cushions have been placed on the sides of the room for Sims to sit and enjoy eating their Christmas meal. The white lights on the wndows and the Japanese cherry blossom wall picture look very pretty in the room! The white garlands and festive decorations hanging from the ceiling look very stylishly nice. It is a nice festive touch that there are Christmas logs on the table in the corner nook. The garlands look very nice placed around the door, for Sims to see as they enter and exit the room. Sims will enjoy sitting on the chair or on the stools having a read of a book from the bookcase after their meals. The mini Christmas tree and reindeer look very festively nice on the side wall table, and the Wintertime cake will be yummy to eat! The Sims will enjoy opening the prettilly wrapped presents that are in the corner of the room! The combination of the white walls and black patterned wall looks very effective. The twisted sculpture is a very nice stylish touch.
    The Japanese furnishing of the dining room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    I appreciate very much you doing the room when you don’t celebrate Christmas. It would have been very hard for you.

Thank you @Gwiniel I was really hoping it would come off that way, not having certain things avail to me to use. i got pretty close i guess. I just now thought of the bear rug...bah! lol i could of used that, oh well :)

I used to get migraines in high school (very long time ago) They were the worst pain id ever experienced, and you had to deal with it for an entire week!?!, ugh that's horrible!!! Its one thing to have the pain in your arm or somewhere... the head though :'( I haven't had any in my adult life. Since having experienced quite a few of them, even the smallest of headaches makes me feel ill. I cannot function with any head pain. Its an awful thing to have to experience.
    My Sims 4 Gallery

Thank you @rosemow <3<3 Wonderful as always
    My Sims 4 Gallery
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks for your comments @Gwiniel :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks @rosemow! Glad you liked my Room. :)
    Post edited by MrsHosni on
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    edited December 2018
    To you too @rosemow and a very Happy Christmas to everyone <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top