Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switching between households, is it worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    So, if I understand you well, it's impossible to play proper rotation without a mod. Bummer.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Hejix No, it's not impossible, mods just make it easier to control what happens to your other households when you're not playing them.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow, this is an old thread. For those just now following along, the suggested Rotational Caste settings described here years ago partially as a result of this very conversation and others like it have been available on our site for NRaas StoryProgression users for quite some time now.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings

I would say that proper rotational play as most of us would have it in mind is very difficult if not entirely impossible without either NRaas StoryProgression or, for those so inclined, the AwesomeMod way of arranging things. It's the nature of the game. In TS3 the EA way, inactive residents exist strictly for the convenience and amusement of the actively being played household. We aren't meant to care about what happens to them all that much and there isn't any built-in way to designate that some of these sims are "ours" as opposed to the rest of the households in town that are not so that they therefore get more protection or are treated differently by the game.

This is also the nature of mod development, once we get past the things that fix total gameplay breakage or instability and begin adding new features like player-controlled towns and their progression. A need is identified and a programmer sets about finding a way to address the need. The alternative for those who will not use mods becomes a matter of playing around the shortcoming or altering one's playstyle to suit it. In this case, in other words, don't move any sims out of your active household if you demand any kind of control over what may happen to them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Oh no. I hope I didn't do minion necro posting thingie. Lol.

I want some sort of control. So, if ever I rotate, I think I'll get the mod. For now, I'll stick to parallel saves with backup.

Thanks!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    proper rotational play as most of us would have it in mind

This is interesting! What would that playstyle be in more detail? How do you play the game?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Aroroaskies -I use the rotational play much like the version in TS2 in my sims games though it's heavly Modded with both NRaas Mods and awesomemod is also there to help with fixing school issues like overcrowding and routing fails by disabling the autmaoted school assignment system.I have been playing a full-blown TS2 style of rotational play in my TS3 games which means I end up playing what is actually more like an open world TS2 game on the TS3 game engine.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Wow, I just made the big faux pas of not reading the whole thread before posting, makes me feel like one of those minisims invited over from other worlds, totally corrupted by the write-only culture :tongue:

@TadOlson Thanks! So the important factors are that the sims not in active household at the moment does not get the wrong job, love or school?
    I have not played sims 2.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    igazor wrote: »
    Wow, this is an old thread. For those just now following along, the suggested Rotational Caste settings described here years ago partially as a result of this very conversation and others like it have been available on our site for NRaas StoryProgression users for quite some time now.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings

I would say that proper rotational play as most of us would have it in mind is very difficult if not entirely impossible without either NRaas StoryProgression or, for those so inclined, the AwesomeMod way of arranging things. It's the nature of the game. In TS3 the EA way, inactive residents exist strictly for the convenience and amusement of the actively being played household. We aren't meant to care about what happens to them all that much and there isn't any built-in way to designate that some of these sims are "ours" as opposed to the rest of the households in town that are not so that they therefore get more protection or are treated differently by the game.

This is also the nature of mod development, once we get past the things that fix total gameplay breakage or instability and begin adding new features like player-controlled towns and their progression. A need is identified and a programmer sets about finding a way to address the need. The alternative for those who will not use mods becomes a matter of playing around the shortcoming or altering one's playstyle to suit it. In this case, in other words, don't move any sims out of your active household if you demand any kind of control over what may happen to them.

Thank you @igazor :) I'll lock the thread here to limit further necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top