Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you finished an Alphabet Legacy Challenge?

ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
So 2 days Ago I just finished an Alphabet Legacy Challenge that I tried to finish in the sims 3 (I only got to Generation 8). I started this Challenge on February 2017 and finished over a year later :D . I'm happy that I finally finished it in The Sims 4 instead! :D
The rules mostly follow a usual Legacy Challenge but instead of 10 Generations there are 26 instead and all of them need to have a different name from A-Z. :D
ULd038u.png
5AGAfie.png
XhnrGDv.png
Here is the full Family tree: https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58cfd15dcc36a00e175ea0c4
However another thing I did was instead of the boring A-Z lineup I used a randomizer to pick from the 26 letters :)

Things I noted during this challenge:
- At Generation 6 all of the eligible townspeople have died due to the Normal LifeSpan, So I had to add townies manually :D
- At around Generation 12 every single pre-made sim has died, (Alexander Goth was the last one to die ) :'(
so at that time I had to hard fill all houses with gallery sims :(:(
- At Generation 26 the Household funds were over 700,000 Simoleons :o ( all those 26 different jobs pile up!)

So have you guys ever attempted a challenge this time consuming to do? How did you guys get through it since you will get stuck at some point? :'(
See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

Post edited by ArtsyBanana on

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    That's awesome! <3 Congratulations!! :smiley:

I wish I could stick with it long enough to accomplish this. My one "claim to fame" that I have is finishing the 100 baby challenge in Sims 3 and that was super tough. Around baby 70, I was ready to just throw in the towel, but it was sheer stubbornness and determination that got me through those final 30 kids. :D

I wish I could just stick with one family for multiple generations. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    That is so cool! What did you use to make the photo of all of the heirs? I want to make a photo like that for my Not So Berry sims.
  • thesimmerannathesimmeranna Posts: 37 Member
    That's great! Unfortunately when I do challenges I burn out in the middle and get bored. I want to try the Not So Berry challenge but I'm not sure if I'll get bored quickly or not.

[img][/img]DUTbTxi.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    That's cool good for you, never tried I'm not much for challenges.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Oh that's so cool, congratulations!
    I haven't finished any, I play on long so I'm only about 5 generations in. For some reason, I thought you had to do the alphabet challenge in order. If it can be out of order I may still be able to do it yet! :grin:
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    Oh that's so cool, congratulations!
    I haven't finished any, I play on long so I'm only about 5 generations in. For some reason, I thought you had to do the alphabet challenge in order. If it can be out of order I may still be able to do it yet! :grin:

@keenow actually that's one of the rules that I changed in my challnge it's suppose to be in order from A-Z, but I already tried to do that in Sims 3 so I wanted to do something new :D
    That is so cool! What did you use to make the photo of all of the heirs? I want to make a photo like that for my Not So Berry sims.
    @PninaSimmer I used Photoshop CS6 to crop the screenshots of each heir in CAS ;)

ChelleJo wrote: »

I wish I could stick with it long enough to accomplish this. My one "claim to fame" that I have is finishing the 100 baby challenge in Sims 3 and that was super tough. Around baby 70, I was ready to just throw in the towel, but it was sheer stubbornness and determination that got me through those final 30 kids. :D

@ChelleJo I know what you mean, in the sims 3 I had a really hard time with this as well, but my mistake was I made every heir very similar in looks and character to the previous or the founder :( . As you can see in the pictures I put, every single heir has a a rather unique look to them so no 2 sims were very similar to play as. Also almost all but a few exceptions of these sims had at least 1 negative trait.In the past I hated having sims with negative traits so I never used them, but this challenge has taught me that they can actually make the game very fun! :D
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)

• RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    So here's the thing...I started the Alphabet Legacy Challenge on console and I got to the 7th generation until I decided to get back into simming on pc...so I started over and I'm currently on the 2nd generation :'(

@ChelleJo I know what you mean, in the sims 3 I had a really hard time with this as well, but my mistake was I made every heir very similar in looks and character to the previous or the founder :( . As you can see in the pictures I put, every single heir has a a rather unique look to them so no 2 sims were very similar to play as. Also almost all but a few exceptions of these sims had at least 1 negative trait.In the past I hated having sims with negative traits so I never used them, but this challenge has taught me that they can actually make the game very fun! :D

That is a good tip. :) I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge right now, but I do tend to play the same sim over and over again and once we have plenty of money, I feel I've played all I want of them. So it'd be good to try to make them all different looking and traits wise. I'll admit, I don't play with a lot of negative traits. Only having three traits, I feel bummed to use one that isn't going to benefit my sim. :(

It is my goal, before Sims 4 is finished, to have completed at least a 10 generation family. :)

To be technical, I have. I was really into the Drifter Challenge. And I made it to house 13. Which is technically the 13th generation of that family. But for some reason, I tend to not think of it as a true generation family, since I started over each generation. But the 13th house could be traced all the way back to the 1st house in the family tree. :blush:
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member

That is a good tip. :) I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge right now, but I do tend to play the same sim over and over again and once we have plenty of money, I feel I've played all I want of them. So it'd be good to try to make them all different looking and traits wise. I'll admit, I don't play with a lot of negative traits. Only having three traits, I feel bummed to use one that isn't going to benefit my sim. :(

It is my goal, before Sims 4 is finished, to have completed at least a 10 generation family. :)

To be technical, I have. I was really into the Drifter Challenge. And I made it to house 13. Which is technically the 13th generation of that family. But for some reason, I tend to not think of it as a true generation family, since I started over each generation. But the 13th house could be traced all the way back to the 1st house in the family tree. :blush:

@ChelleJo I've always heard about the drifter challenge, but never actually tried it out myself :o How many Houses do you need to complete in the challenge? (If it's 26 I'm not sure If I'm willing to do a challenge that long again :D )

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Wow that looks so cool!
    They look like awesome Sims :)
    There's 24 houses, but with Drifter, you can pick and chose which house to complete or just do one. And they don't have to actually be generational play. It's intended to be, and that's the way I played, but really, it's just a collection of smaller challenges, that can be tied together to complete towns.

Here's the blog about it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I am trying to do this challenge, but tied into my legacy challenge. I am only on 4th generation. I will say the fist three generations I had huge family sizes and now I am like nope, one or two kids is perfectly fine. Its a lot of work. I haven't played for a couple of months either because I am hoping for a new laptop for xmas because my screen is broken but it is very impressive that you finished it. I also have realized that the more different my sims are heir to heir the easier it is to stay interested. I am also trying to get each generation to have a new hobby or career, because I feel like I always play the same way, so I am trying to broaden into gameplay I usually ignore. I have like 50 family members in my family tree and I think, WOW, I am so far and then I remember, just kidding I still have 22 letters to get through. I love seeing your family though so cool! How did you make the family tree?
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    @ArtsyBanana
    actually that's one of the rules that I changed in my challnge it's suppose to be in order from A-Z, but I already tried to do that in Sims 3 so I wanted to do something new
    You mentioned that you changed the rules? I've been wanting to do another legacy challenge for a while now, since I'm having so much fun with the Not So Berry Challenge, but I wanted to have a twist. Alphabet Legacy challenge sounded like a not so drastic twist, so I was pretty interested in doing it. Was just wondering though, is there a list of rules specifically for the Alphabet Legacy challenge? I've been looking but I can't find any rules. Mind linking me to whatever rules you used? Thanks :)
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    Oh also, I forgot to add this, but a question I had regarding the challenge is:
    (Assuming you do it in the order of the alphabet) Does your founder start with the letter A, or is it the founder's children?
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    From the main page of the Challenge Listing ... Alphabetacy each generation of children have names starting with a certain letter of the alphabet (children of the founders start with A, their children start with B )