Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

Ever since the update, my actor sim- who has been doing phenomenally at work, mind you- hasn't been nominated for, or won, Starlight Accolade Awards. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or am I the only one?
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Yes! My girl consistently gets a gold work performance and has never won a Starlight Accolade. I almost always choose the risky actions as well, almost always succeeding (just had her first failure on a risky action the last time I played).
    She was recently promoted to the top of the career as well. That deserves something, surely?!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Yes! My girl consistently gets a gold work performance and has never won a Starlight Accolade. I almost always choose the risky actions as well, almost always succeeding (just had her first failure on a risky action the last time I played).
    She was recently promoted to the top of the career as well. That deserves something, surely?!

I'm beginning to think the updates, while they bring more to the game, they also break things until the developers take notice.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    My current actor sim just won an award today, first time nominated at rank 7/8ish. That said I do see plenty of bugs lol.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Sometimes if you go to the ceremony anyway, even if you haven't been nominated, your Sim may win something, so worth going along occasionally.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    My sim has the same problem, gold for acting, 10 on the acting skill and global superstar but not one nomination or notification of an award ceremony.
    Sometimes if you go to the ceremony anyway, even if you haven't been nominated, your Sim may win something, so worth going along occasionally.

I've been to every one and nothing. It's getting to the point now where I want him to quit his job.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Maybe it's a bug? Worth a look over at AHQ to see if anyone else has had the same problem?
  • VonJorganVonJorgan Posts: 10 New Member
    I've been dealing with this, too! It often feels like there's no point at all in trying to do the acting aspiration.
    Update on this issue:
    (can a Guru please also close this thread?)

Since my founder sims have passed on, in addition to my male founder winning an award the day prior to his passing, his daughter and son in law have now added SIX awards to the award case I have in their living room! Alexis won three awards for her novels and her husband Mason won three of his own for his performance as an actor!(her father was his 'idol') This couple has two kids, one of whom is my new avi.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays