Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Does Road to Fame Affect Get Famous?

So I just purchased TS4 Get Famous yesterday (thanks to Target's 50% off deal), and I was considering trying out the Road to Fame mod in conjunction with GF. I've never used the mod before, but I saw there is an update to the mod which introduced the "professional singing" skill. I saw a comment on another post where someone stated they love the RTF mod with this new update when playing alongside GF, and I think it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

However, I was hoping someone with both the mod and the new EP could tell me if they've noticed any problems resulting from having both. For example, I understand there are NPC celebrities in RTF, and of course there are celebrities in GF. Does this or any other features that the mod and EP share, conflict with one another? Is the option there in RTF to be able to turn off certain aspects of the mod if those same aspects are made available by Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @GalacticGal, isn't this the mod you have? Perhaps you can shed some light here.
  • Options
    simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    @GalacticGal, isn't this the mod you have? Perhaps you can shed some light here.

That would be awesome! :smile: I just don't want to get the mod and it messes up aspects of GF.
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I have played around with it a little bit, and the fame systems do not overlap. So if you want to work on fame in GF, it won't contribute to your RTF fame levels at all. I am using RTF alongside my superstar famous Sim because I really like their concert feature. She's already maxed her fame, so I have RTF as an extension of that. I renovated a concert venue specifically for the mod that I'm fairly proud of tho.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Like Sarah said, the mods don't overlap. For example, if you download the mod, you will have two different singing skills to work on: the skill from EA and the "professional singing" skill from the mod. There will also be two simstagrams you'd need to build followers for. And one sim could be a global superstar with the Get Famous system, but an absolute nobody for the mod.

However, if you don't mind how much things overlap, you can use your imagination to make it work. For example, since nothing actually comes out of practicing singing from the game, you could pretend one is just as a hobby and the other skill, the one for the mod, is to actually become a professional singer. You could also pretend that the two different simstagrams are two different social media platforms you'd have to work on as a celebrity, despite them having the same name. And, if all else fails, you can use mods to make things match.

The mod is worth having if you don't *just* want an actor. I wanted a singer and a model, too. And the mod gives me that, I just don't touch the actor aspect of the mod, because the Get Famous version works well enough for me. But I'm sure there are imaginative ways to make both work.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Also, I forgot to mention, and I looked for it in the menu when I first downloaded it, you can't really disable features from the mod. You can, however, adjust the autonomy of the skill. So, my sims just don't use the actor options from the mod *on their own*, even though the option is still there.
  • Options
    simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    @SarahTheRed @gemjas thank you both so much! Your responses answered exactly what I wanted to know, and then some :) Thank you!!
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    gemjas wrote: »

The mod is worth having if you don't *just* want an actor. I wanted a singer and a model, too. And the mod gives me that, I just don't touch the actor aspect of the mod, because the Get Famous version works well enough for me. But I'm sure there are imaginative ways to make both work.

YES! If my next batch of Sim babies turn out pretty, I might make one of them a model and just use the RTF system for them. If you'd like to make them overlap, a really simple way to build GF fame is to livestream with a drone a lot. Livestream your singing practice, and BAM, you're hitting both fame categories.

The RTF mod is so well done that if you were playing a Sim using that instead of GF, there would be a similar enough fame experience.

I hope EA sent Sacrifical a really nice fruit basket or something.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited December 2018
    I use the mod alongside GF. There isn't any problems running the two together. There is a lot trait that comes with the mod that will generate celebrities but otherwise they won't just show up like the GF celebrities so if you don't want them it's easy to avoid having them.
    The only 'problem' which can easily be avoided is that the mod will give you jobs, perform a concert, photo shoots and movie shoots that can sometimes coincide with the acting job in gf, but you don't have to take the mod job and it won't affect more being given and they are given a lot.
    You can earn a ton of money really quickly with the mod which makes it a lot more realistic for famous sims. I've had global celebrities that barely scrape 20,000, with this mod they can be in the 100,000's in no time.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder