Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I will be a lot happier when..............

our Sims inventory is sorted out! When plants, flowers, insects, rocks stones etc etc are grouped together as a "group" a sub folder, so we don't have to trawl though our whole Sim's inventory to find items we are looking for. I don't know why this very important aspect of the game has been overlooked after all these years. Never had this problem so much with previous Sim games.......... but I have to say this really grates with me in the Sims 4!

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    our Sims inventory is sorted out! When plants, flowers, insects, rocks stones etc etc are grouped together as a "group" a sub folder, so we don't have to trawl though our whole Sim's inventory to find items we are looking for. I don't know why this very important aspect of the game has been overlooked after all these years. Never had this problem so much with previous Sim games.......... but I have to say this really grates with me in the Sims 4!

That's a pretty brilliant idea! You should repost this over in the forum section for ideas/suggestions too; the devs need to see this!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I wish they’d sort inventory too, as well as allowing us to save our own outfits in cas. It would make finding stuff much easier.
  • instantmagicinstantmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Remember in the sims 3 when we had chests to put sims inventory in? Why did they leave that out?
    edited December 2018
    @instantmagic They didn't leave it out... there are chests in the game that you can put inventory into. They are in the category Decor-Misc.

Without mods, not 'everything' can go into it though. Potions and upgrade parts, I believe, won't go in. Everything else pretty much does though. There's also a flower workbench where you can store flowers, the refrigerator for garden harvestables, etc. With the tools available and no mods, you can store anything other than the two things I mentioned. With a mod, you can store everything.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Remember in the sims 3 when we had chests to put sims inventory in? Why did they leave that out?

Chest wont replace going into our Sims personal inventory where we need to use items. But yes I remember the chests they were very useful for things we wanted to store and find later
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I wish they'd allow our Sims to put things in their personal inventory like they could do in previous iterations, so they can leave home with items that they earned or belong to them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I will be a lot happier when...the game stops giving me the same exact message over and over again about where my pictures are. (Although, this will never be remedied, so I will never be a lot happier, haha.)
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Last I checked, I still couldn't look for the 'holidays' category in the purchase mode. That would make me happier.

And if I had something interesting to do with my teens too...

And totally agreed on that huge mess of an inventory.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Amen to that, Also, I would be happier when they add some of the child thumbnail images to the camera poses. like this one:

12-22-18_12-44-41%25C2%25A0PM.png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Can put the fish my sims catch into the fridge. The only options I have are 'mount' and 'name', which are not at all useful. Tried several times to drag them in with the mouse, and got only the red object treatment.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I will be a lot happier when they add shopping bags to retail.

503055500.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    When the devs realize that, for all it's imperfections, TS2 is the far superior game and go back to what actually works.
    @oldeseadogge You are supposed to be able to put fish in the fridge...I do all the time. It's how you keep the fish fresh so it doesn't lose quality.
    You try using the "Open" option on the refrigerator and dragging the fish into that 8-tile area for the fridge?
    Not thought of that. Thanks! Will try.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, you can already put it in the fridge. Just drag the fish from your inventory into the fridge directly or open it's inventory and put it there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Oldesseadogge if that doesn't work for you, the fish may be Foul.. Foul fish is good for garbage cans only. You gotta get it in the fridge before it goes bad.
  • instantmagicinstantmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Why all these rules and unwanted stuff is beyond me. Someone at EA is trying to be silly, but I wish they would be a little more serious about S4. Dear EA...this New Year can you stop the unwanted control over the sims and let US control them? If I want my sims to look at art, think of family member, watch toddler, get drink from bar or fridge or sink, pose in the mirror, or any of the actions like this! Let the player decide...not the sim. At the very least in the settings, you could put a medium autonomy? The settings only have one choice on or off. In the middle of a workout I had the sim staring at a vase and think of family member about three times! That is ridiculous. I'm sure I speak for many players who are irritated by these small, but very annoying things. Let US decide if the toddler should make a mess. etc... I think you get my point. I assure you that the game would be better without things like "React in disgust?" as in involuntary decision. Here is the big one! >>> When the sim decides on it's own to get water or make drink at the bar, for the fourth time in a row, I hit the queue button to x out that action and the sim keeps going? No, I want that hit to cancel the action immediately. Please make the cancel that action, work better than it does now. Thank you, and Goodnight. Happy New Year to EA staff and Simmers around the world.