Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone try the lifestyle brand now that its working?

I’m curious about this perk and haven’t been able to play since the weekend. I was wondering if anyone has used it since it was fixed with the latest patch.

Comments

• DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes, it was fixed already. Lifestyle brand works find for me. :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    It works now. I'm just disappointed in the amount of royalties received. A hundred dollars a day hardly seems worth it. I wonder if there's a chance to increase it.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m glad to know it works. Now I’m just curious how it works. I wish you could build your brand and make more royalties. I wonder if that’s possible @IceyJ
    That would be nice, but the description in the game sounds like it does the opposite. Meaning, the amount you receive decreases until you update your brand again. So you have to keep updating just to get that little bit of money. Hopefully, I'm missing something because the pay was certainly a let down.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    That’s disappointing @IceyJ hopefully that’s not the case. And if it is, hopefully a modded can fix it.
  • pdentpdent Posts: 15 Member
    Yeah I'll be honest I thought I was missing something... so to be clear - all this entails is the actual set up and then...that's it? You get royalties but then the only thing you can actually do is update your brand which basically means changing the logo and it costs you $300? That can't be right!
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    So, there are no activities to promote your product, such as at the autograph sessions? The Sim cannot record videos promoting the product? This is just infuriating! there are quite a number of glitches in the game that just kill my joy outright. When someone invites my Sim out, we never end up at the venue they said we were going; getting social media followers is 10 or 20 at a time; stuck in the Actress aspiration because while my Sim is nominated for numerous awards each week, she never wins!!! I literally already have my celebrity tile, but cannot get past the award milestone in the aspiration. I am grateful for the free holiday stuff, but gosh.....fix the pack I paid money for....PLEASE!
    edited December 2018
    I believe there is a social interaction(s) to promote your brand and sometimes you'll see others talking about it. I don't know if doing so will increase the payout. I'm actually glad that our own sims don't win awards too easily; it would be too unrealistic. I agree, though, about the bugs. That venue invite bug annoys me to no end.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2018
    I thought the fix WAS to increase the royalties. Little Ms Sams has a 5x and 10x multiplier for royalties on her website for anyone interested :)

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175407908103/higherlonger-payments-for-apps-games
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I believe there is a social interaction(s) to promote your brand and sometimes you'll see others talking about it. I don't know if doing so will increase the payout. I'm actually glad that our own sims don't win awards too easily; it would be too unrealistic. I agree, though, about the bugs. That venue invite bug annoys me to no end.

but this is my 10th award show without an award. 10 weeks! Change my Sim to Susan Lucci.

• kenzieckenziec Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the latest patch and still can't use any Lifestyle Brand features - can anyone help?

So far, this pack just seems jumbled together. Lots of little things to do but doesn't really give a big picture sort of feel.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    edited March 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I believe there is a social interaction(s) to promote your brand and sometimes you'll see others talking about it. [snip]
    Is that a passive thing only? I'm asking because the only sim I gave the perk to is a townie (Diego Lobo) whom I do not intend to play. Will other sims still talk about his brand? Is there a way for my actively played sims to talk about it?