March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llandros' Ultimate Sim Challenge Rules (Sims 3)

Comments

• ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Just found this challenge and I must say it looks interesting. I will have to look into giving it a try. When it says "create 1 blog" does that mean In-game Blog or RL online blog...im not much into posting my Sims online anymore but ingame blogging I CAN do :)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member

It means an in-game blog. You have to have five all together for the skill challenge but usually everyone does one blog for the first five towns to get that skill challenge done.

Problem I was having is with the save file. I am rolling back to a past save and hope things work out. I love this challenge and don't want to quit or restart from the beginning.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited December 2018
    Do you use Nraas saver yet? It automatically rotates between a given nr of saves with a given interval. I have it set up to create 8 saves (default is 4) and to prompt for them every 3 sim hours. Then I decide wether I've done something important since the last save or not. So I don't actually use all 8 save slots every sim day, that depends on the progress.
    No, I really didn't know what exactly it did. I had another issue with my MultiTab (which worked fine before) not letting my sim listen to tabcasts. I'm working on fixing the issue but I'll have to restart the challenge because the saves are glitched up.
    edited December 2018
    I know how you feel, I also had to restart halfway through season 1. I hope your 2nd attempt will be much better

Edit: This list helped me figure out what Nraas mod does what, and these are the mods that I am currently using

Edit 2: I also made a google doc with a checklist, feel free to save copy and edit it for your own use if you'd like to!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    Thanks, I'll take a look here in a bit. I'm starting the challenge again after I reinstall some cc I have.
    @AlHollandiyah Made it almost through the 2nd week of university with no issue. I'm actually doing a bit better this time around anyway unless daycare acts up again. I'm trying to get back to the first weekend after daycare by tonight so I can see if it happens again.
    edited December 2018
    I have finished season 10 and will launch season 11 soon! I am looking forward to it because it has 2 self employed careers. Getting a bit tired of all of the rabbit holes where you have to wait until the days and times that you are allowed to work. I need an overtime kind of mod.... And I know Nraas has the option to "Go to work" but it usually sticks to something like "Chill until time for work" and doesn't give any job performance.
    edited December 2018
    Congrats on finishing season 10. I'm still on season 1, I probably would have been close to done with daycare but oh well. I'm going to check on your thread, I haven't made it all the way through but I'm really interested in seeing what you have done. I think I am borrowing one thing that you did and will have the male sim help out my Ultimate Sim. Also, I like the idea of the spouse helping with daycare and hunting.
    Especially at the start of the challenge there are a lot of moments where you almost need the Ultimate sim's partner to help. For example planting and harvesting life fruit while the ultimate can't do gardening yet. And so on and so on. The more skills she has the less 'usefulness' tho, lol!

I know what you mean. I'm letting Christopher help out my Ultimate sim when he can. I finally made it to level three in the daycare job with no issues. I can't wait to be done and as soon as I reach the top, I'm going to the next job. I can't take daycare any longer than that, lol
    Yeah, that requirement to keep any job for 4 weeks (or 2 if part time) was out of the door in the first season here. The whole point of this challenge is to have *done* everything in the game. By the time I reach level 10 I am just itching to move on to the next thing on the list, and having to hang around at some place where I have nothing left to do just doesn't work that well for me. Does that make me a cheater? Nah, I just like to think about it as playing this challenge with a few tweaks to suit my play style!
    Same here. I'm staying pretty close to the rules but I have to change them up just a bit.
    edited December 2018
    @Llandros2012 I have been trying for the time machine offspring for some time now and I lost count of the attempts so far. Have you ever tried it? I went googling the odds and some people said even after 100 travels they still didn't get any! Personally I don't feel like trying a 100 times more, and I really wonder if this requirement may be a bit too much! I honestly would feel like getting it down to "try this X times to the past/future" and then if that doesn't work then leave it be. What do you think about this?
    Well, I had was close to level four in daycare but the game didn't bring any kids on Monday or Tuesday so I made the decision to cheat it to level 5. Now I have my sim working on the alchemy challenges and searching for insects.
    edited December 2018
    Happy you only had the glitch at level 4! I Hope you can finish it without further glitches! As for me, I'd forgotten you can also woohoo in a time machine, so I got someone to try it with and out popped an adult son saying something about this place being better then a cave, while he was 'made' in the future and he was wearing shining armor. Ehh. Okay. Whatever. I did rename him because this seasons name would start with a M and he was called Rudy. So I called him Martin Rudy. Fixed. Now on to season 12!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    Due to personal reasons I decided that the fortune teller career tracks are the only one in the whole game that I am going to skip. So that left alchemy for this season. After selling every potion that I still had stocked in my chest she was almost level 11 without even unpausing the game.... So I decided to pull the wildcard on offspring for this season, because in some seasons I had two types and I have nothing else to do here. Let's just say this was the shortest season ever. On up to season 13!

@AlHollandiyah Awesome! I'm glad you got your time machine child. I'm working on finishing what would have been the end of year 1 in Season 1 then off to the business career. I'm ready to move on but I still have to do a few things first.
    I'm starting the business career today when I play. I've got my sim engaged but still have to get them married and have a child.

Level 6 in the business career now. I also got my ultimate sim pregnant so I can't wait to see what the child looks like.
    My sim had Quads! oO!
    Wow, that would be overwhelming for me. I like large family trees but not that many babies at once, lol
    As for me, I am on the second week of the business career. My sim gave birth to a girl who will age to toddler today when I play.

On the third week of the business career and just reached level 10. I'm at least finishing out the week, not sure if I'll stay for the fourth or not yet.
    I ended up staying in the business career for the four weeks but I had a reason why. I wanted a little more time to spend with Christopher before he dies. I wasn't trying to copy Llandros but Christopher is a favorite sim of mine.