Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should my sims 4 folder look like ?

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
I know a very strange question , but my folder is getting very cluttered & my ocd is kicking in not knowing what a nice neat clean folder should look like I'm not sure what is safe to delete , I all all these files that taking up a lot of space especially last game crash , I have no. Mods or cc , I don't know how to post pics on here as I don't have photo bucket on my pc , I mainly use my iPad , I don't know how could show you guys what I'm talking about , I'll be back in a bit thanks in advance

Happy simming
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2018
    My sims 4 folder looks like this:

KGDAYq2.png

The only things I know you can delete are the "Cache", "Cachestr" and "localthumbcache" files, but they will return. This is mainly done in some attempts to clean up the game however and fix bugs, and may help it run smoother.

If you have a lot of "last crash" documents, these can be deleted. They come in handy when you have a problem with your game and need help on the EA site, where they may ask you for this document to see what's wrong. Other than that, you can remove them to make things look neater.

The screenshots folder can be opened, and stuff removed from it [pictures] if you take them to clean things up as well.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited February 2018
    OMG thank you SeraphicPink that is so helpful , so neat and tidy , I will have a look at mine and give it a tidy up .
    Thank you again and happy simming
    If anyone has any tips they could share with me to keep my folder clean I would appreciate it

Thanks and happy simming
  • Jezzic4Jezzic4 Posts: 4 New Member
    Why do my sims files not look like yours? Mine are completely different. I just reinstalled it onto a new drive. Can you help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited December 2018
    Jezzic4 wrote: »
    Why do my sims files not look like yours? Mine are completely different. I just reinstalled it onto a new drive. Can you help?

Hello @Jezzic4
    Try making sure that the Sims 4 folder is the one that is in Documents -electronic arts -then the Sims 4 folder. You may be looking at the Sims 4 folder that is in the Program files.

Did you install your documents folder onto the new drive as well? The Documents folder is where the Sims 4 folder which contains your saves, tray, mod folders are located. The Documents folder may still be on your C drive.
  • 4EYEDFREAK123454EYEDFREAK12345 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so much for the screenshot of your sims file folder. I was really nervous if I deleted unnecessary and important sims 4 files.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @4EYEDFREAK12345 there's not too much to worry about in your Sims 4 folder that goes in "My Documents" Anything you delete from there, with the exception of your cc, will repopulate when you turn the game on again. The cc, of course, will not come back until you add it back.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top