Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    3,18 GB since the new expansion.
  • ingeli2002ingeli2002 Posts: 12 New Member
    When I hit appr. 40 GB and realized that I did NOT use more than a small part of it anyway, I decided for a radical change. Now I have 3 main game folders. /The Sims 4 CAS with all the CAS stuff I download. /The Sims 4 BUYBUILD for BUYBUILD downloads. I load any of those up to a)create sims, pick out good new stuff that I really like and will use b)build/refurnish houses or create rooms with good new stuff
    Then I save the sims/households or lots to library, and use the Sim Tray Importer to export the sims/lots WITH the new CC. Then I load up my /The Sims 4 MAIN and import the stuff. This way I can both be a totally addicted downloader and have access to it all when I want, and at the same time have a clean, lean game which has acceptable loading times and not much lag. And I can find stuff in CAS and BUYBUILD mode, when needed.
    Only a few carefully picked creators is added in complete form for the game. I will also merge, when I get a little bit further in the picking out-process. Nowadays, when you can unmerge at any moment and change the merged files easily (regroup, delete, add) it's a piece of cake.
  • anndreea21anndreea21 Posts: 1 New Member
    4.97 GB with 729 files. I had 6.20 GB before. I try to delete some every day, but it's so hard.
  • peytiejaydepeytiejayde Posts: 10 New Member
    12 gb
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    8.86 GB - 7.174 files... :#
  • peytiejaydepeytiejayde Posts: 10 New Member
    > @SimsILikeSims said:
    > sophiamaniaci wrote: »
    >
    > > @bshag4lv said:
    > > 540 MB
    > > 832 files
    > > 17 folders
    > >
    > > I don't see how you simmers with more than 2-3 gigs of cc play the game without problems or lag. I'd love to be able to dl more than 1 gig but my computer, which is about 8 years old, will start to protest...longer loading screens and more of a lag that I noticed so I see all this lovely cc I would love to have and can't. My desktop could handle Sims 3 and cc totally more than 2-3 gigs so I'm stumped. Oh well, it teaches me control and organization, lol.
    > >
    > > Edit for typos
    >
    > Just really fast, expensive computers. I have a $700 gaming laptop and I am so scared it's gonna explode because of how much CC I have
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, starting point is generally around $1500 US. If you are lucky you can get one for less during a Black Friday sale like I did on mine 2 years ago (35 GB in my mods folder, and I have an NVIDIA GTX 970 video card with 4GB dedicated video RAM, system memory is 16GB RAM).

mine was $500 AUD ON SALE and handles 12gb cc and no lag, starting up the game takes a few minutes but thats all :)
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    As of right now, I have 12 GB of CC.

Wow from my original post I went from 12 gigs to 18.3. I think I need a 12 step program.
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2018

Wow from my original post I went from 12 gigs to 18.3. I think I need a 12 step program.

Oh girl, I don't know how your computer can handle it.
    Mine shrunk from over 300mb to 201mb.
  • idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    I literally have like 2 hairstyles, and some makeup but that's it. I like to keep my game as cc free as possible because im worried about it breaking lol. then again im also a relatively new player to the sims so i kind of just learned how to download cc and let's just say im starting to get obsessed
  • digitaltrashcandigitaltrashcan Posts: 30 Member
    8.44GB, 3,847 files

i'm a cc hoarder
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Scarbo27 wrote: »

Oh girl, I don't know how your computer can handle it.
    Mine shrunk from over 300mb to 201mb.

It isn't my computer that can't handle it...my (2nd) hard drive is starting to get full - and it is a 2 TB HDD. The first hard drive is only 225 GB but it is a solid state drive. My third hard drive (yes, I have 3 in my computer) is about 120 GB. Part of that is I have about 58 games in my Steam library. Yes, I have a gaming computer - bought it just 2 years ago for about $1500 (though it was about $1200 on Black Friday sale). It has 16 GB RAM, though now only about 12 of it works properly it is still well over the required specs for the game, a 4 GHz processor, and a GeForce GTX 970 video card - so it just meets the specs to work with VR games, though I only have one VR capable game installed (I don't own a VR headset). The video card and RAM and CPU speed really make the difference. I wouldn't dare run all this CC on my laptop I got about 5 years ago that has integrated graphics - that one might run Sims 4 without any CC in laptop mode, but it barely ran Sims 3 (did not actually meet the specs for it) at 11 fps (after a blank black screen for about 120 seconds) - I'm patient, having run games from cassette on the VIC-20 years ago that literally took 5 minutes to load, and all you saw was the words LOADING... with no progress bar or change to tell you it was still loading (this was in the 1980s, before Windows, and before the loading hourglass was even common).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    900mb. And I do have alot from my point of view already. Only CAS things and scripts, no custom items for build mode or alpha skins.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    6.75 GB with 2,405 Files and 35 Folders. I'm amazed that my game still runs (somewhat) lag free, lmao.

I can not play the Sims without mods, so I've literally never played a CC version of the game. Yes, I downloaded mods *before* I even went out and bought the game. With the Sims 3, it was the same. My Mod folder was only 2GB though, and the game was basically unplayable. I just used it to pose sims and take pictures, for the most part. I was pretty much expecting to do the same for the Sims 4, but my game actually runs fine on my little trash laptop.

I guess my computer couldn't handle the open world aspect of the Sims 3. But now I'm playing this game of, "how much CC could I download before my game starts to have some trouble."
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I can't edit my post, but I meant to say I've never played a CC-free version of the game, if that wasn't clear.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    It's HUUUUUUGE.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • JuliaValkyrieJuliaValkyrie Posts: 2 New Member
    20.4GB, 3,609 files, 19 folders
    I knew I had a problem but wow. Is there a twelve step program for CC addicts?
    I'm a builder and I'm learning to make my own CC so I'll pretend that makes it okay.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    3.39 GB because I am a Sims furniture hoarder.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I thought I was doing okay... (because I had deleted CC) turns out, I may have a problem.
    34GB and counting..
  • HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    I had 20 GB of custom content some months ago (mostly alpha cc) but it really made my game laggy as hell, so I decided to switch to maxis match cc (best decision ever made). I have now 4 GB of custom content and I tend to delete even more.
  • ThotaissanceThotaissance Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this is in the wrong place but does anyone have a link to the mod that 2x the speed of music production?
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I know this is in the wrong place but does anyone have a link to the mod that 2x the speed of music production?

I think I saw something like that on Mod the Sims. (checks) Hm. Didn't find it there, but I did find one that speeds up writing production, plus this one that reduces cooldown for music production http://www.modthesims.info/d/620771/get-famous-no-release-music-track-cooldown.html and this one that does about the same thing http://www.modthesims.info/d/620845/get-famous-no-cool-down-for-releasing-tracks.html
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok mayyyybeeee I don't need that much cc but like... why not? 10.6gb, 7,754 Files, 64 Folders and thats after I cleaned out like 2k broken files.
  • mirkwoodelvemirkwoodelve Posts: 2 New Member
    1.09GB with 187 files but I am new to the game and have only had it less than a week.