Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emergency Patch Released 12/20

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,809 Member

Update: 12/20/18 - PC 1.48.94.1020 / Mac 1.48.94.1220

Hey Simmers,

A quick note for a couple of hot issues.
You should now be able to once again, use
speed controls when in cinematic camera (aka tab camera).
You should now be able to once again have your Sim travel
without causing them to become corrupted because they
did not get to know Lin-Z.
You should now be able to once again dance the Samba,
assuming you previously knew the Samba.

-SimGuruGnome
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow, kudos to the Guru's for taking that time to put out an emergency patch, especially with Christmas around the corner.

I very much appreciate their hard work and working late to get things fixed for the players. :)

Patching right now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited December 2018
    I just took a 30 minute break and now see a quick download. I think this is the first time in my 18 years of simming ; ) Very nice of them! Happy Holidays!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    That's great I was just worrying about one of my saves maybe I can test it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,809 Member
    Please tell me I'm not the only one just realizing the smart speaker is named for SimGuruLyndsay. :o
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Oh, I'm very grateful.
    I was a bit worried that this issue would have had to wait for the next major patch, which I guess would be next year in January.

But, now I can enjoy having the Lin-Z in my Sims' homes right away.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Does it fixed already corrupt saves are will you need to start a new game?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member

You could try yours.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

You might want to repair your game after downloading the patch before trying your save.
    #Team Occult
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Very grateful for this fix!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm assuming the consoles will get this update too right before the smart speaker is introduced.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I got the message 'an update available" and my first reaction was I just did the update.

Thanks for addressing game breaking bugs so quickly.
    First interaction with the smart speaker and it doesn't even wanna play music for me WILLINGLY. :#
    kolCf0a.png?1

Technology is too advance.
    5vJrxmT.png
    On another note is the speed buttons working at all in tab mode? Doesn't seem to work for me.

Might try repairing my game to check.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Of all the hotfixes for game-breaking bugs, this one has got to be the fastest. Kudos to the people who worked overtime. :)

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best :innocent:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ...Wow. They actually did magically put out a patch before the New Year.

I actually applaud them. Kudos to you devs and Happy Holidays and all that jazz!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks to all the guru's and others who worked OT to bring us the fix so darn quickly!
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    On another note is the speed buttons working at all in tab mode? Doesn't seem to work for me.
    Might try repairing my game to check.

Did you get it working, @LadyKyn? Mine were broken before the hotfix, but work again with the hotfix update applied. Which makes me very happy....this was a bigger deal to me then the buggy Lin-Z. If not, I know the UI Extension mod had time control issues after the patch earlier this week; if you use that mod, maybe it needs an update for the hotfix as well.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I'm performing a game repair myself just in case.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    Um... okay. I was wondering what happened since I just updated the game yesterday and now I had to update again.
    NK4koaX.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Hopefully as some patches will not work on saves only on those going forward but you have to try out the old save and see if it did.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm happy with the quick fix. Tab mode is love!
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Did you get it working, @LadyKyn? Mine were broken before the hotfix, but work again with the hotfix update applied. Which makes me very happy....this was a bigger deal to me then the buggy Lin-Z. If not, I know the UI Extension mod had time control issues after the patch earlier this week; if you use that mod, maybe it needs an update for the hotfix as well.

Hey you were right. Took it out and it works fine now. :)

Odd thing is that I had downloadedbthat hotfiz for the UI but guess it still wasn't working?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    Credit to the Gurus for fixing this issue so quickly, I hadn't expected it would happen before the new year. Good job!
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member

It fixed it for my corrupted household without me doing anything on my end (no repair game, no cache clearing, etc.).

I encountered the bug last night just before turning in, so I didn't feel like trying any of the workarounds Crin posted. Luckily, the patch seems to fix it regardless. :smile:
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Does anyone else have problem now with number keys? They don't speed up/down the game. But when I want to rename something etc. the numbers do work. Just asking before I start with the whole cc/mod annoying control, lol :disappointed:
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.