Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chicken coop hint in Get Famous [Farming]

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
1-31.png

The description of this bed talks about "Charles, the evil chicken"...

That's a reference to the chicken coop from Sims 3, which included an evil chicken named Charles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGl4sEnO2c8

Could this be a slight nod from the developers that they are working on a chicken coop for a potential Farming pack?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd like that :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2018
    I hope so, but rather than just a small chicken coup I hope they make chickens and other animals where they can run around in a fence where you can go in and feed them and talk to them. And I hope they do the other animals that way as well. However, I don’t want any of the animals to count as an actual sim placement unless they bring out a pet pig or something.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    YAY!!!! Yes, please!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope so, but rather than just a small chicken coup I hope they make chickens and other animals where they can run around in a fence where you can go in and feed them and talk to them. And I hope they do the other animals that way as well. However, I don’t want any of the animals to count as an actual sim placement unless they bring out a pet pig or something.

THIS! They could make pigs and chickens have free reign and we could build fences. They could have a few simple interactions when clicking directly on them so they didn't have to be resource hogs. If they are going to do a farming expansion pack I don't want the animals to be glorified objects.
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I don't know. I know a lot of people want a farming pack, but SimGuruGrant has said many times that it would be super costly to make farm animals. It might just be a nod to Sims3 not necessarily a hint of whats to come. That being said I could see them bringing back the chicken coop but not necessarily doing a full farm pack.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    chicks
    cows
    pigs

will be a welcome to my game.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I'd love to see animals--especially horses! Is there a thread with other Get Famous hints by chance?
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • CreepmaresCreepmares Posts: 3 New Member
    oh man more animals would def be cool :open_mouth:
    bringing back horses could also be cool
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    I hope it's a hint. I want a farming/country living pack so badly.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    That would be an awesome hint
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I would actually love a farming expansion pack but I think this was just a fun description. I hope I'm wrong though!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Really would like horses in the game. We could have ponies this time around too and create the ultimate ranch. They could add corn harvestables too and cow and chicken NPC's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    TLM08 wrote: »
    I don't know. I know a lot of people want a farming pack, but SimGuruGrant has said many times that it would be super costly to make farm animals. It might just be a nod to Sims3 not necessarily a hint of whats to come. That being said I could see them bringing back the chicken coop but not necessarily doing a full farm pack.

If they would release a farming pack without animals I'd be so dissapointed. And honestly, I don't understand! Costly yes, but aren't we paying them lots of dollars for everything they release?!?!! Is it because EA takes the big part of the cookie?!?
  • YeranaYerana Posts: 2 New Member
    I came to the boards specifically for this. Let's hope. I want my chickens back!!! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2018
    Alve wrote: »

If they would release a farming pack without animals I'd be so dissapointed. And honestly, I don't understand! Costly yes, but aren't we paying them lots of dollars for everything they release?!?!! Is it because EA takes the big part of the cookie?!?

I would be disappointed too. They asked some time ago whether people would rather have more harvestables, animals, or something else I believe ( can’t remember what), but I am pretty sure animals won out.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Alve wrote: »

I would be disappointed too. They asked some time ago whether people would rather have more harvestables, animals, or something else I believe ( can’t remember what), but I am pretty sure animals won out.

I remember it as horses, harvestables, raising livestock and "off the grid". Yes, livestock was definitely the winner.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    It's a longshot but I'm hoping the sounds of planes and the airport etc is a hint because I'd love an Island Paradise/Bon Voyage type pack.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Considering we only got two types of animals for the Pet expansion...I would not hold my breath for a "farm pack". Maybe we'll get one or two things in some other pack, but I doubt we'll ever see a total farm pack and if we did, I think we'd be disappointed by what was not in it moreso than happy with what was.

That being said, they did a fabulous job with Cats and Dogs...despite so many people being disappointed by what animals were not present, the two that are were done better than in any previous Sims game (just mho), so I would be more than willing to eat my words from the first paragraph if they prove me wrong (you heard me gurus....prove me wrong! Please)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Considering we only got two types of animals for the Pet expansion...I would not hold my breath for a "farm pack". Maybe we'll get one or two things in some other pack, but I doubt we'll ever see a total farm pack and if we did, I think we'd be disappointed by what was not in it moreso than happy with what was.

While true, cats and dogs have a ton of interactions plus (with at least cats) they can jump on furniture and other objects. Sheep, chickens, and cows wouldn't need such a variety of interactions, and they would probably be contained within a fenced in area or around a chicken coop. The hardest part I think would be getting them to move around realistically.

Horses on the other hand would be trickier, as people are going to want more interactions with them, plus the ability to ride them.
    This is probably why they separated farm animals from horses in the survey. I doubt we'd get them both in the same pack.
    edited December 2018
    @RememberJoy Horses aren't farm animals, so it makes sense to separate them.

My cousins raise dairy cows and chickens, their home is called a "farm".
    Growing up, we raised horses, and showed horses, and did rodeos. Our home was called a "Ranch.'
    Horses are a lot of work and quite expensive to raise, very few actual farmers have any, and those that do generally just have a few for hobby purposes...they aren't technically part of the farm, anymore than the bowling ball in the closet is if bowling is one of the farmer's hobbies.
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    that would be awesome.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    @RememberJoy Horses aren't farm animals, so it makes sense to separate them.

My cousins raise dairy cows and chickens, their home is called a "farm".
    Growing up, we raised horses, and showed horses, and did rodeos. Our home was called a "Ranch.'
    Horses are a lot of work and quite expensive to raise, very few actual farmers have any, and those that do generally just have a few for hobby purposes...they aren't technically part of the farm, anymore than the bowling ball in the closet is if bowling is one of the farmer's hobbies.

In the east a lot of the equestrian places are also called farms not ranches.
    @jude72pla I imagine...if we wanted to get all technical, a ranch IS actually a sub-type of farm. I.e. All ranches are farms, but not all farms are ranches.
    I still think it makes sense to separate horses from any pack focused on farming though seeing as they wouldn't really fit well with what most of us traditionally think of as farming; you don't grow them, you don't eat them, and they produce no byproduct that is used for food either (gelatin urban legends aside).
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    @jude72pla I imagine...if we wanted to get all technical, a ranch IS actually a sub-type of farm. I.e. All ranches are farms, but not all farms are ranches.
    I still think it makes sense to separate horses from any pack focused on farming though seeing as they wouldn't really fit well with what most of us traditionally think of as farming; you don't grow them, you don't eat them, and they produce no byproduct that is used for food either (gelatin urban legends aside).

You can be a farmer but still own horses. That's not a contradiction.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For me it's already sure we'll get a kind of Farming EP.
    Lu4ERme.gif