Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• suninshine101suninshine101 Posts: 1 New Member
    Petition for EA/maxis to add an option in the gallery while choosing a lot to pick either (example) 30x20 or 20x30. Laymen's terms to choose hamburger or hot dog! :D
  • HevensiaHevensia Posts: 3 New Member
    Im on console (PS4 specifically) and I kind of find it rather annoying when I'm in CAS. I originally started playing on PC when it came out and it's come a long way and have always been obsessed. However I have a suggestion for CAS on console. I know that when pressing L1 and R1, you switch clothing categories, which I love. However I really find it annoying that in order to switch outfits within each separate category, I can't press L2 R2 and that it instead is undo and redo. I would like that to be maybe Incorporated into CAS or have it as a controller option in the settings or something. I don't really redo or undo unless im changing my son's face and u think that this little tweek would be super helpful! 😊
  • HevensiaHevensia Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Hevensia;c-16728422"]Im on console (PS4 specifically) and I kind of find it rather annoying when I'm in CAS. I originally started playing on PC when it came out and it's come a long way and have always been obsessed. However I have a suggestion for CAS on console. I know that when pressing L1 and R1, you switch clothing categories, which I love. However I really find it annoying that in order to switch outfits within each separate category, I can't press L2 R2 and that it instead is undo and redo. I would like that to be maybe Incorporated into CAS or have it as a controller option in the settings or something. I don't really redo or undo unless im changing my son's face and u think that this little tweek would be super helpful! 😊 I meant to say my sims and not my son. Lol oops
  • ElfmuffinElfmuffin Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we need more pets than just rodents and cats and dogs. Where are the lizards and birds??
  • AcidQueenAcidQueen Posts: 1 New Member
    Im playing the sims 4 on pc with one of my friends. And we often talk about some small things we think the game is missing from the sims 3. For example labtops. We love the computers that are already there, but still we miss the labtops.
    Besides that we really miss the burglars :tongue:

i don't know if this is the right place to suggest it, but we have so many ideas, and would really love to see an update with some of these things.
  • Majerle219Majerle219 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see an expansion delve into hand crafting. Skills like knitting, crocheting, sewing, canning, chocolate & candy making, an expanded craftable inventory on the woodworking bench, and careers dealing with such things.
  • SimTibbersSimTibbers Posts: 2 New Member
    I love to build homes, and I'd love to see rounded walls, L shaped stairs, dormers, more columns added, more roof trims, and porch screens. It's hard to build from floor plans I find and like, when I can't do certain things like L shaped stairs, and rounded walls.
  • 1mimi10m1mimi10m Posts: 1 New Member
    An idea I have for an expansion pack would be the Religion expansion pack, in it isn't the option to choose the beliefs of the individual sim, ranging from most general religious belief to more specific as necessary (I.e. From Christian to Catholic or Baptist, Etc., or from Muslim to Muslim Extremeist or Traditional Muslim, etc. or from Jewish to Orthodox or Un-Orthodox etc., etc., etc. Some religious beliefs like Atheism and Agnosticism would not need to be more specified, except maybe the option of Extremist but pretty much any religious belief has that option.) It would have a lot of cool new stuff like places for your sims to worship as well as the option to convert between religions as the user chooses, and would have a lot of religion specific items added to the game (robes, crosses, holy texts, rosaries, the aforementioned places of worship, religious statues, religious tattoos, religious clothes and patterns, pews, prayer mats, exorcism related items, etc.) also there would be new jobs as clergy members, new interactions like worship, give sermon, attend religious service, take part in extremeist activities (only for those who are part of an extremeist part of a religion or religious belief), do charity work, missionary work and job, etc. I feel it would make the game so MUCH MORE enjoyable as it will be more realistic if this expansion pack becomes a part of the game. You could also make sims that correspond with stereotypes of a certain religious belief or you could make one that defies them. It will only add to your options in the game. I know it would take some time but I feel it would be SO WORTH the wait and would add so much to the game and only make it better.
  • Lavancha2005Lavancha2005 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love if they brought back some of the old stuff, like furniture wise, and maybe some updated furniture. like where's the recliners with different choices of nap, relax, watch tv etc, or maybe some sectional couches, or wraparounds some newer updates tvs and game systems etc. I would love these added into the game. sad how phone sims games have better furniture in the game. please fix :(, i wish the blut square wasnt so huge, u mean it's only supposed to block the areas not half the room, maybe even some more interactive items including decorations. . other then that I still love the sims games. :)
  • Lavancha2005Lavancha2005 Posts: 5 New Member
    how about some more modern career options, and more interactive and choice based careers it game options
  • AllusionAllusion Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, EA! I love TS4 so far, and have (almost) all the expansion packs~ My only suggestion is that...it would be great if the player could choose gender-coded animation cycles for their Sim's romantic interactions!

At the moment, if I have 2 men flirting or anything together...one of them takes up the default 'female' physical behaviors, which...XD kinda looks....weird, for an otherwise masculine Sim. QAQ I'd absolutely love it if somehow default male behaviors could be selected/retained for such moments!

Same for when it's 2 women! Having the Sim in the 'male slot' of the animations be able to have feminine movements would be a big help!

A CAS option to pick which gender animations we'd like for our Sim would pretty much make all my dreams come true! I totally get this might be a little late for this gen's life cycle, but maybe the Sims 5 could feature it? If it's doable at all, lol.

Thanks so much! <3
  • carbonX123carbonX123 Posts: 1 New Member
    you should port Sims 4 to the ipad and since ios allows folder management and downloads mod support would be nice haha your welcome
  • TerminaisonTerminaison Posts: 2 New Member
    more plasma fruit recipes for vampires, specifically more drinks to make at the bar
  • KiraLockserKiraLockser Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like if there was a Farm pack, where you could take care of horses, and other farm animals, grow crops and many other things you can do in real life in a farm.
    Sorry for my english
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I would really like:

- Some kind of rewards for reading books. When you read a book there is no reward, it is useless to have the bookworm trait.
    - Talking about books: I would like to know which books I've already read.
    - Chatting / reading on bed.
    - Drinking coffee/tea/whatever while my sim is on the computer.
    - Slow dance.
    - More dating additions: horoscopes, compatibility rating, etc.
    - L-shaped stairs.
    - THE GRAVEYARD!!!!
    - New optional cooking system: if you don't have an ingredient you can't cook the recipes.
    - GROCERY STORE!!!!!
    - Better inventory management: add some kind of filter. When you have lots of metals, crystals, seeds, etc., it is a headache to manage it.
    - The ability to invest on commercial lots: restaurants, clubs, etc., so you can get a profit of it each week/season.
    - A wider pool of traits to choose from. With the new "emotion system" all Sims react the same and they are not very different from each other.
    - Re-design the "emotion system". This system overrides any other emotion they have. When the father of my Sim died he was "energized" and then "happy" just because he is active and he was in the gym. When a sim is walking in the house, depending on the objects around his emotion is changing constantly. That's not real.
    - ARCADE LOT!!!!!!
    - More table games, not just cards. I love to spend a cold Sunday afternoon with friends playing Monopoly / Mistery / Hotel or any other classic board game.
    - Please, please, add a telescope that can be placed in doors. My sim is a scientist and he misses it a lot.
    - Looking through the window and react depending on the weather outside. It's just a cool touch that we love.

Thank you.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited December 2018
    Allusion wrote: »
    Hey, EA! I love TS4 so far, and have (almost) all the expansion packs~ My only suggestion is that...it would be great if the player could choose gender-coded animation cycles for their Sim's romantic interactions!

At the moment, if I have 2 men flirting or anything together...one of them takes up the default 'female' physical behaviors, which...XD kinda looks....weird, for an otherwise masculine Sim. QAQ I'd absolutely love it if somehow default male behaviors could be selected/retained for such moments!

Same for when it's 2 women! Having the Sim in the 'male slot' of the animations be able to have feminine movements would be a big help!

A CAS option to pick which gender animations we'd like for our Sim would pretty much make all my dreams come true! I totally get this might be a little late for this gen's life cycle, but maybe the Sims 5 could feature it? If it's doable at all, lol.

Thanks so much! <3

This!!

I played a male couple and when they flirted with each other, one of them reacted in a very feminine way.

I'm so tired of the stereotype that in a same sex relationships one person should behave as the man and the other the woman. We are int he XXI century and I think we've evolved enough to know that that is not necessary true.

Thank you.
    Post edited by mcorral on
  • FaerieplayerFaerieplayer Posts: 1 New Member
    I just wanted to make a suggestion for an expansion pack. I would like to be able to make my Sims different heights. Plus I would like more hair color choices and lengths and more trendy clothing options. Would it be possible, please, to make an expansion pack that allows you to make a sim shorter or taller, and with hair styles that allow a sim to have really long or short hair? Perhaps it can have the option to make their hair as long or short as you like in the design a sim room, where you just click on their hair and can stretch it all the way to the floor if you like! Thank you for your time!
  • ninjalol5ninjalol5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!! I am a big fan of the sims 4 and so I came up with this nice suggestion of an expansion pack. The Sims 4 Royalty expansion Ive been wanting that since the sims 3 came out and Yes I know we have the sims medieval but it had major setbacks in the game although I loved
    it. The sims 4 royalty can come with a new type of world where royal sims live in a palace and it can work a little like the celebrity system you can be hated or loved but if youre hated you might be overthrown you can of course become a royal and you can go to meetings with royalty overseas create laws and all of those things and have a name before it like Queen and whatever there name is thank you have a nice day I hope you like the suggestion simgurus
  • KarinaDKarinaD Posts: 17 Member
    Hello.

I have a small suggestion to improve the Gameplay of Butlers.

I recently purchased the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack, because I felt like my famous Sim should have a Butler to help raise her children (since she is to busy entertaining the Paparazzi #LovingGetFamous)

Anyways, my famous Sim is a Vegetarian and I usually use her to request the Butler to make a family meal. This works extremely great, except for the fact that the Butler barely ever makes a Vegetarian meal (the meals are also not excellent and my famous sim has the refined palette quirk, so this sucks as well, but this is understandable). I tried to reprimand the Butler, but this didn't seem to help.

So my suggestion is: When a Vegetarian Sim asks the Butler to make a meal then the Butler should make a vegetarian-friendly meal.

An even better option would be that if there is a Vegetarian Sim in the household and a non-vegetarian Sim asks the Butler to make a group meal (family or party) then the Butler should also make a vegetarian-friendly meal. This is however not necessary if the original suggestion could be implemented then we'd have the option to feed vegetarians at all times.

I know the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack is relatively old, but it would be great if this could be implemented in the game!
  • Rogue KurosawaRogue Kurosawa Posts: 5 New Member
    Would it be possible to implement in the game where the doorway arches don't interfere with your Sim's actions please? For example, when you build a one tile wide laundry nook in your bathroom that is separated from the bathroom by an arch your Sim isn't able to interact with the washer, dryer, or hamper. So could it be possible in a future patch to the game to fix it where arch doorways don't block interactions between Sims and objects please?

Also could vaulted ceilings (diagonal, etc shaped walls) be added at some point please as well? For example, when you have a 2 story house with a gabled roof, you can be given the choice of placing a vaulted ceiling or not and if you choose to have a vaulted ceiling your 2nd story rooms will take the shape of the gabled roof.
  • Artemisblaze92Artemisblaze92 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know there are some people that said they would like to have like the pets option to get horses but I think you guys should do an exotic pets for like snakes lizards turtles and pigs like pot belly and or tea cup
  • SimsPlayer79SimsPlayer79 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it'd be cool if we could have polyamorous relationships. I believe just making it so a person could have more than one partner (if they wished) would be cool. The most convenient way (in my opinion) would be being able to select husband in relationships in Create a Sim for multiple people.

If this confused you, please let me know!
  • K8epeeK8epee Posts: 2 New Member
    I think they should create it so you can see the world through the sims eyes
  • MiffsyMiffsy Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the one thing which the Sims has always missed is the ability for actual action- I Love that you can take your time just walking around and solving puzzles as kind of a scavenger-hunt style, but wouldn't it be amazing if there were an expansion pack or mini game for a temple/pyramid etc that you actually have to run around in like most other video games?

That would be a way of bridging the gap between 'slow' games that emphasize the characters and their homes (especially with customisable clothing, hair, long plot lines you've created and families) and the intensely action-based games where you don't really think about your character- you just appear in the action and are constantly running and fighting- how awesome would it be to combine the two and be able to play action/adventure games with your favourite sim and their own traits and/or friends?

Even just more of an adventurous feel like, instead of having to walk/run in straight lines and go up/down stairs, having the ability to jump up/down holes in the floors and ceilings, or being able to climb up rope ladders/nets on the walls to get to hidden places.
  • elliefrost__elliefrost__ Posts: 1 New Member
    Midlife crisis game update;
    Halfway from adult to elder
    Lasts 3-5 in game days
    Make tense, playful, bored
    Try out new styles of clothing
    Whims to buy expensive things
    Chance for Let’s Have A Kid whim