Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Loving seeing all the builds. This challenge was very fun to partake in!

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 - 'Twas the Month of December

FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Santa's New Pad
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage
    GALLERY COST: 147,322
    TOTAL COST: 150,322
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: What's a jolly old man to do when one of his elves blows up his home? Rebuild and relocate, of course! His new pad includes a home for two, a workshop, a stable, and a shed for his sleigh. Now, if only he could find where that darned elf hid it...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    klkHYWF.png
    USNjZn2.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS108 - Settlement for Simanity
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 -’Twas the Month of December-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: ⁂★Helpers Bedroom★⁂
    GALLERY COST: §9,748
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: "Helpers bedroom"
    ENTRY DETAILS: The three little helpers of the Kringles Enterprises like to share a bedroom. They have a small and quiet nook with a bookshelf to enjoy some reading and also a guitar for the carol singing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    orLhjto.pngVnetjgm.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 - 'Twas the Month of December[
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: The Elf Hideaway https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A31A7AE032C11E980E7ADD8C8E84D99?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS109&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $9,952
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/35SbDXg
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Elf Hideaway has a cool winter-y room to sleep in and a warm, cheery room to relax in! Room for 4 of Santa's little helpers of either sex.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    xWyYwmx.png
    STTa94e.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @13Vader on the Maxis Fav for your Kringle Enterprises! Well deserved! :)<3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • ajones0516ajones0516 Posts: 1 New Member
    FORUM ID: ajones0516
    ORIGIN ID: ajones0516
    LEVEL:
    ROOM: Santa's Helpers Bedroom
    GALLERY COST: $7,723
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: will not let me post links? I've been an EA member since 2011?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    TWITTER TAG: aajones0516
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    ajones0516 wrote: »
    LEVEL:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: will not let me post links? I've been an EA member since 2011?

Take a look at this:

- All new members please enter your links as needed, but if you pop a space in like this h ttps: it will not register as a live link, this will allow us to easily make your links live.
    - Another aside for new members these are a couple of threads that will help you get up to full membership: @Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread and Member vs New Member Thread.
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    FORUM ID: Vicingus
    ORIGIN ID: Vicingus
    LEVEL:
    LOT: h ttps://www.ea.com/da-dk/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/02D057F503D111E985F1B573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS109&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Rippling flats
    GALLERY COST: 191,019
    TOTAL COST: 194,019
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/ucQFY8t
    ENTRY DETAILS: Santas workshop consits of a cozy home for Santa ans his wife, a stable for the sleigh and reindeers, a sleeping area for the elfs and finaly a workshop. It is created with only basegame and the free holiday pack. Therefor no show :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    TWITTER TAG: @AaskovSofie
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    h ttps://imgur.com/1XAHWgE
    h ttps://imgur.com/75npPwt
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
    Vicingus wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Vicingus
    ORIGIN ID: Vicingus
    LEVEL:
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/da-dk/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/02D057F503D111E985F1B573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS109&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Rippling flats
    GALLERY COST: 191,019
    TOTAL COST: 194,019
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ucQFY8t
    ENTRY DETAILS: Santas workshop consits of a cozy home for Santa ans his wife, a stable for the sleigh and reindeers, a sleeping area for the elfs and finaly a workshop. It is created with only basegame and the free holiday pack. Therefor no show :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    TWITTER TAG: @AaskovSofie
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1XAHWgE.jpg
    75npPwt.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg
    ajones0516 wrote: »
    LEVEL:

As @13Vader mentioned - if you pop a space between the h and the rest of the web link (i.e. h ttps://weblink.com) you can post the link. Let us know if you need more help :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    FORUM ID: Linnsane
    ORIGIN ID: Linnsanegaming
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7DD2AD2103A911E9846C77C0F1EC7B3C?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Linnsanegaming&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/fSMQVa
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kris Kringel is sure a jolly fellow, he loves his job and his life, No wonder when he has such an awsome wife, three kids they have, with cute pointy ears. they make toys in a hurry, so need to worry. Christmas is coming again this year! I have made Kris kringel, his wife Amelia kringel and their three beautiful children who also happens to be their helpers, what a great way to teach your children the gift of giving! So Kringel was lucky enough to get to name to of his kids, but he's not the most inventive one with names, so they ended up beeing called Kristina kringel and Kristian Kringel, Amelia thought the third child should have a diffrent name and named her Ava, They love eachother very much and are having a blast together!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Linnsane1
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/LinnsaneGaming/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

00.jpg

12-20-18-1-41-28-AM.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: Kringle Abode
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook
    GALLERY COST: 248,588
    TOTAL COST: 251,588
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zsQLblD
    ENTRY DETAILS: Please be kind, I don't own Seasons. So no snow pics and limited Christmas decorations. The Kringle Abode features a country farmhouse, garage, greenhouse, a fishing/swimming hole with soothing waterfall, an apple orchard and a refurbished barn with stables and workshop.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Duy086w.png
    xM9U8QP.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS108 - Settlement for Simanity
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2018
    We are loving all of these Christmas-themed entries! In the spirit of the holiday, we will be giving ALL entrants for this challenge a nomination on the Best Rooms and Best Lots threads. Thanks so much for being a part of Build-n-Share in 2018 <3 We look forward to even more great creations in the new year.

And huge congrats to @13Vader who has already earned a Maxis Fave for Kringle Enterprises !!!!

Keep those entries coming if you have them. We can certainly spot you some time if you need it.

Sorry for delay with our Expert results for #BnS108 and thanks for your patience. Results will be up no later than Thursday evening.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: kittkat7147
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    LOT NAME: Santa's House
    GALLERY COST: (see the rules section for how to find this information)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and gallery cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9Gm9qZm

ENTRY DETAILS: In starting this build, I envisioned an Old World Santa scenario. I was inspired by the architectural style of ares like Bavaria with half-timbered exteriors. The interiors are rustic and Old World as well. There are modern conveniences in the bathrooms but not much in the way of modern entertainments like computers and TVs. The client's helpers really need to stay focused on their work to keep up with demand, and Mr. Klaus really prefers handcrafts and reading for entertainment anyway.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: @kittkat7147
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/kitkats.simporium
    TUMBLR LINK: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/kitkatssimporium

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Rf3gcyl.png

W0q4aXy.png
    Post edited by KittKat7147 on
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Congratulations on your maxis fave @13Vader your build is stunning! Well deserved :)
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    You're welcome @13Vader I have to say I am impressed how patient you are when it comes to details. Your builds, all of it look stunning.
    And yea totally jealous! :D
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS109 Twas the Month of December is officially closed!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2018
    ucXu4vW.jpg

Double-checking the address, you follow the walkway up to the front door. It’s an older house, but someone has put effort into the upkeep and looks welcoming. The message only said that your assistance would be of great help, but no other details.

You go to knock but the door gives way with a creek under your knuckles. The air has that faint tint of chalk dust, incongruent with the image the house presented upon approach.

“Hello?” you call out, not wanting to intrude without invitation. Not to mention feeling slightly uneasy at the open door.
    There comes a crash from somewhere inside, but then a voice calls back, “Hello! Yes, I’m here! Just a moment!”

And true to word, a moment later a kindly-looking older gentleman is at the door. He’s dressed in overalls, and from the look and smell of it, he’s covered in chalk-dust.

“Mr. Gizinski?” you ask, just to ensure you really are at the right house.

“Yes, sorry, I was just cleaning the erasers. Come in, come in!”

You follow him into the living room - or what would have usually been a living room, except this one was filled with small desks and chairs, a chalkboard, easels, toys, and boxes of who-knows-what. Shelves filled with books lined every wall. There is so much crammed into the room that there’s hardly any room to walk.

“As you can see, I’m running out of space here,” he says, pushing some desks aside to make more room for the two of you. “That’s why I need you.”

“Oh! You wish for… an addition?”

“No, no. Oh no, that would never do. It would look so awkward on this house…”

You can appreciate a person who appreciates architectural aesthetics.

“No, I think I need a whole new place, a new daycare and school for these delightful children! My passion has always been expanding the minds of our youth, bringing the wide knowledge of the world into their grasps and watching their eyes fill with wonder.”

“Oh! Yes, I see, a daycare.” You glance around at all the desks and learning toys. “I must say, I’ve never seen one that is so- well… educational!”

“That’s why the parents come to me, I think. My daycare isn’t just a babysitting service, I teach them things that the schools don’t. Sure, they learn maths and languages, but what about a love of arts? Appreciation for nature? Ancient history and future technologies? I want them to know that ‘there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy’!”

You recognize the quote from Shakespeare, and find yourself wishing you had had him as a teacher back in your day! So much passion, so much love for the children. It’s a refreshing experience and you are being caught up in it, already starting to sketch out some ideas.

“So, school area, bathrooms, kitchen,” you mumble as you go.

“Yes, yes! And play and nap areas,” he adds.

You look up and smile. “I think you - and your children - are going to be quiet happy.”

vPz5U5r.png
    • Create a daycare center with space for the following:
      1. Cafeteria
      2. Restrooms
      3. Learning area
      4. Play area
      5. Nap area
    • The layout should be mostly open to allow for one adult to oversee multiple children
    • Size: no larger than 30x30
    • Budget: 89,000

Room Challenge
    Create the play area for the daycare. It can be indoor or outdoor, but it cannot be more than 35 squares in total.
    Budget: 12, 000

Sims Challenge
    Create a household consisting of the owner of the daycare, one helper and at least 2 toddler daycare participants.

3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS110 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 9th January 2019** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    Dm5g7dk.png
    TvmoeFJ.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Since this challenge fall over both Christmas and New Year's Eve/Day, we're giving you an extra week for it. Hope you all enjoy your holidays and get to spend time with family and friends :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    This challenge looks like a lot of fun! And it ends on my birthday! :D

I think that this will be fun to build and give a great hangout space for children sims. :)
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @BuildnShare does the daycare just service toddlers? Should I make nap and play area for children and infants?
    CJSimmie wrote: »
    @BuildnShare does the daycare just service toddlers? Should I make nap and play area for children and infants?

The daycare can be for any age children. The toddlers are just for the Sim challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top