Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shadows Through Objects

hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
edited November 2018 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I have a question I know I've seen a lot of people complain about. With some CC, shadows show through objects and it looks really bad. Is there a way to fix this?

I was trying to edit an EA fountain and I resized it to how I like it, but now I can see the shadows of other objects through it. Here is a picture that shows the shadows of the bushes and trees through the fountain:

6dWpjae.png

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    Sorry for bumping, but I know people have this issue so... anyone?
  • Options
    minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    This is an example of the pretty well-documented SSAO bug, that is best fixed by editing the GraphicsRules.sgr file in the same folder as the Sims4 game executable. Has been an issue for a while now, but doesn't seem to be much of a priority for the team to address (if at all). Open the .sgr file in a text editor (Notepad++ or such) and change all of the SSAOEnabled true entries to SSAOEnabled false, then save the file. You will need to do this after each update, unfortunately.
  • Options
    ArialyxArialyx Posts: 8 New Member
    > @minimonsterscott said:
    > This is an example of the pretty well-documented SSAO bug, that is best fixed by editing the GraphicsRules.sgr file in the same folder as the Sims4 game executable. Has been an issue for a while now, but doesn't seem to be much of a priority for the team to address (if at all). Open the .sgr file in a text editor (Notepad++ or such) and change all of the SSAOEnabled true entries to SSAOEnabled false, then save the file. You will need to do this after each update, unfortunately.

THANK YOU!! I did this and it completely fixed the problem. :)