Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confess to Cheating Option in TS4?

I like to spice up my gameplay with drama... However, some of my sims need to have the option to 'confess to cheating', or something along those lines. So, when my sims has an affair with another sim, the husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend won't be clueless. This really bugs me, what do you guys think? I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

Comments

• Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    LanieBorne wrote: »
    I like to spice up my gameplay with drama... However, some of my sims need to have the option to 'confess to cheating', or something along those lines. So, when my sims has an affair with another sim, the husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend won't be clueless. This really bugs me, what do you guys think? I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

I really think this would be a cool idea. I would like to see this in the game as well. I would also like the children/teens to be upset with that parent just like in TS2. It’s more realistic that way.
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    This needs to happen. Along with a faithful relationship trait that could maybe be earned somehow. Not every sim is a cheater!

The cheaters need to confess though and maybe they could get one of two moodlets? Like one positive, something like "relieved to get the secret off their chest" and one negative, maybe "yikes, that went badly, is it all over?" Which one you get should depend on the sims involved and their traits. For exmple, a non-commital sim should be happy most of the time this happens because it gives them an easy out.

Other sims should be upset even though they were the cheaters. Then they could get the option to "woo them back". Make it hard, like when their partner catches them cheating and rejects their romantic advances.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LanieBorne wrote: »

I agree I think that confess to cheating and also confess that the baby is not yours should both be in this game. I also think that sims should be able to say I Love You and I Love You To.
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Oh, yes to confess the baby is not yours! :D That would bring so much drama. I have one family situation where I need this exact interaction. There's a gold-digger black widow character and her baby is not her husband's. I've wanted to find a way to let him know it's not his and make him sad (good things do not happen to him and neither does he deserve it, the wannabe Mafia boss).
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Yes! I agree, that's a necessary option! Also the option to accuse of cheating, or ask if the other sim has been unfaithful - a bit more gentle imo.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Wasn't this a thing in Sims 3 if I remember correctly? They should really bring it back!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Wasn't this a thing in Sims 3 if I remember correctly? They should really bring it back!

Pretty sure it was. This would be a really good addition to Sims 4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Soccergirl201228Soccergirl201228 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see a ranch/farm expansion where sims could either own a ranch or farm. I also would like a military one where sims can join the military and go over seas on deployments. I also would like natural disasters. I would also like the ability to add more homes cause in the sims 4 you can’t add any more homes or land for homes like you could in previous games. I also would like confessions to or questioning of a child’s parent. Also allow for custody and staying the night with other parent. I also would like teen pregnancy I know people say it’s bad but why not use it as a tool to teach about it.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2018
    I so agree I would like to see sims be angrier when they see their partner cheating. Right now in TS4, they go OMG and hands near their faces, then stomp and yell, then be a little annoyed but that's it, and then if they cheat again they do the same thing. I think also if Sims get angry when their partner cheats but then later on they cheat, their partner should be angry and be able to call the other sim a hypocrite.

Also, the ability to have the sim who was cheated on say "Move on" would be good, but if the sim who cheated decides to cheat again soon after is caught then the sim who was cheated on should be very, very mad and not just yell but be ready to break up.

If a sim's friend knew that they were being cheated on but didn't say anything and then confesses they knew, the sim that was cheated on shouldn't want to be their friend necessarily.
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    In my opinion Sims should be faithful when they are in happy relationship - soulmates, green and pink bars are full. When youre in love you do not want to cheat your mate...
    Exceptions: mean traits like noncommital or evil can cheat randomly. Good traits, family trait - they had lower chance to cheat, even when they have problem in marriage.
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It was in Sims 3 and in Sims especially if they caught you cheating this game says it emotional but the two previous games had more emotions then this one.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Yaaass
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This would be a interesting add-on. Both "confess to cheating" and "baby isn't yours".

What would be the consequences of confessing?
    An automatic divorce? Would the parent who isn't genetically linked end the relationship? It is fine and dandy to ask for the possibility to say these things ingame but what happens afterwards? Is it more fun if it is up to the player to decide if it ends or not? Should the player let the sim who has been cheated on choose to "ask for divorce" or should this be automatic?

Just musing here. If a divorce is up to the player they can decide to have a serial cheater married to some unlucky sim in a depressing situation, good story. But if confessing only leads to a VERY VERY SAD BUFF for 3 days other players may say that these sims remember nothing and have no idea what happens. When the buff is gone they are lovey-dovey again.

Hmm... I don't know what I prefer yet but it would be interesting to be able to play with these situations.
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    This would be a interesting add-on. Both "confess to cheating" and "baby isn't yours".

What would be the consequences of confessing?
    An automatic divorce? Would the parent who isn't genetically linked end the relationship? It is fine and dandy to ask for the possibility to say these things ingame but what happens afterwards? Is it more fun if it is up to the player to decide if it ends or not? Should the player let the sim who has been cheated on choose to "ask for divorce" or should this be automatic?

Just musing here. If a divorce is up to the player they can decide to have a serial cheater married to some unlucky sim in a depressing situation, good story. But if confessing only leads to a VERY VERY SAD BUFF for 3 days other players may say that these sims remember nothing and have no idea what happens. When the buff is gone they are lovey-dovey again.

Hmm... I don't know what I prefer yet but it would be interesting to be able to play with these situations.

Maybe the sim keeps the buff until they divorce or talk it over with their partner.... :smiley:
  • Options
    AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    I NEED more stuff when it comes to affairs like a family drama pack. If my sim is flirting and someone who knows him or one of his family members sees it, a rumor could pop up. He would have to convince his Wife/husband/SO that it's not true, ignore the situation and make her suspicious, or admit. Flirting, kissing, sleeping around, and conceiving a child would have different loss of relationship status. Marriage counseling could be included to help repair a damaged marriage. Cry/talk to friends about affair/being cheated on. the sim who is upset may have an easier time having their own affair if they cry around a friend and get a rebound. Even after a divorce, you should be able to get back together but you can never have a full pink or green bar again with that sim.

Temporary separation could be a thing where a sim leaves the house for a few days, and divorce should affect the entire family as would fighting in front of the kids. If a Baby or Toddler sees their parent cheating, they probably wouldn't have any sort of reaction because they're too young. Children would see it and be sad or confused. Teens would know what's going on and be mad at their parent. Children could ask parent about their cheating parent's "Friend" and create suspicion. Teens could just tell the other parent about the affair. I think the cheater could convince their teen not to tell and it teaches the teen to lie and it could affect their own relationships in the future the way you can boost or drop responsibilities with kids.

Having a baby with another woman/getting pregnant by another man should cause problems in the family. A man may question who the baby's father is and the wife could lie or tell the truth. If a guy has a baby with another woman, perhaps the option to let the newborn move in and the mother have a hard time caring for it. Or maybe they accept and love it anyway. I think it would be interesting if the sim babies born from affairs have some sort of hidden negative trait or something, kinda like how if you have a sim child with father winter it has some extra bonus.

I think if your playable sim sees another friend sim having a fling with someone they should be able to confront them or tell their SO about it as well. You could earn badges like back in TS3 about being faithful, a cheater, someone who is never caught, heart breaker, etc. If they're a known cheater or heart breaker it could make it harder for them to start up a new relationship.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Also there could be suspicion in the game. hmm my girlfriend is pregnant and we've never woohooed. My child looks excacly like the neighbour , or , hey wait a minute why is our baby a different race than us ? Who is that pregnant woman that hangs out with my husband. Why is my husband inviting that child to spend the weekend? (this works with clubs)

Also hire a private detective to follow spouse. In that case the spouse should be able to evade the pd. This would be great if the gold digger trait was brought back.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    How will I know if my Sim boyfriend has cheated on my sim?
  • Options
    DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    > @LanieBorne said:
    > I like to spice up my gameplay with drama... However, some of my sims need to have the option to 'confess to cheating', or something along those lines. So, when my sims has an affair with another sim, the husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend won't be clueless. This really bugs me, what do you guys think? I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

That would be so good, it would add more depth to the game and also make it more realistic and make more fun gameplay😁
  • Options
    SarahSoda9SarahSoda9 Posts: 19 Member
    Some additional speech options would be nice to flesh out the storyline. One thing I did when I had a cheating sim (husband had an affair with the nannie) he kissed his mistress in front of the wife which she instantly confronted them both, husband received a ‘caught cheating’ note and instant discomfort. To add to the drama, the nannie moved into the home and the husband continued his new relationship and kept his wife. She slowly started to go erratic (without the erratic trait).

Doesn’t help with your want for additional speech options but a way to enjoy the drama in current game.
  • Options
    under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Yes PLEASE
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I am all for adding interpersonal drama. I'd like a few dramatic moral/ethical things in the game play

1. Confess to cheating (regretful)
    2. Confess to cheating (Mean)
    3. Baby isn't yours
    4. Confess to stealing
    5. Ask unfaithful/trouble making Spouse to move out for (specified reason)
    6. Admitting to parents you cheated
    7. Turning in family member/friend for criminal behavior (Criminal career)
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett