Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it the package files I need? Or the WinRAR?

So, you download the CC...it usually comes out as a package file. Now what I would do is "add to .rar" then with the WinRAR file I "extract to .zip." Which gives me a folder with another package file in it. Are all these steps necessary? Can I delete the WinRAR files afterward?

Comments

• x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    the package file is what you need to install in the TS4 mods folder. You use WinRAR to open .rar/.zip files.

Once you open the rar/zip file with the program and you see the .package files you need to install you can just drag&drop it into your mods folder :)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    If it’s a .package file you don’t need WinRAR. Just move it to your mods folder.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2018
    Are all these steps necessary?

No, for some reason you're doing way too much. If you download a file and it's a .package, it's already good to go. If you download a zip or rar with package files in it then all you have to do is extract them. You can delete any rar files when you're finished with them.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SomeBratInAMaskSomeBratInAMask Posts: 50 Member
    the package file is what you need to install in the TS4 mods folder. You use WinRAR to open .rar/.zip files.

Once you open the rar/zip file with the program and you see the .package files you need to install you can just drag&drop it into your mods folder :)

Thanks!! :)