Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons v Get Famous

I'm fully aware there are bugs with both - Get Famous being new and understandably this way and Seasons having a few issues still lingering.

But for someone who doesn't have either but wants both - would you say to get Seasons first and Get Famous after?
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Yes that's how I'd do it, but that's only because I feel like Seasons is more fundamental than Get Famous.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Shepard wrote: »
    Yes that's how I'd do it, but that's only because I feel like Seasons is more fundamental than Get Famous.

that's what I was thinking.. add the seasons and holidays and stuff and then enhance that later (Christmas list... fingers crossed) with GF

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    Are you talking about TS3 or TS4 Seasons? And I only ask this as this thread is in The Sims 3 Expansion section.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Oh drap! I meant TS4 -

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Seasons, clearly.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've relocated this thread to Sims 4 Expansion Packs as this was in a Sims 4 category previously. :smile:

Carry on~
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think getting Seasons should be first and foremost before getting any other packs; allow that system to fundamentally change your entire playstyle of the Sims so that the packs you get after can simply add on to it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ariss101ariss101 Posts: 23 Member
    Seasons should be first, you should get the other packs after.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Definitely Seasons first.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Seasons for sure. Weather is such a universal thing and changes up everything in the game.

From the atmosphere to your sims usual routine for the day. Going on a camping trip to Granite Falls? Looks like it'll be pouring down rain for the next two days.

Able to make holidays and have sims experience 'actual' holidays is great. It really feels more meaningful when you have your sim digging through the decoration box and having lights and other garland on the home. And I have a lot of fun just self-decorating from being subtle to overly obnoxious. Inviting sims from friends and family over and watching them autonomously add gifts to a present pile (sometime prank ones) and seeing sims sneaking presents too.

I really enjoyed making Leisure Day in the summer and throwing a party at a community pool. Sims were dancing, drinking, grilling and swimming with little to no urging from me and it's great. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd buy Get Famous first. With how I play, it changed my active gameplay much more than Seasons did. The reputation and fame systems alone added so much.

Seasons did a lot for the ambiance of every world and the calendar functions are great, I can see why the pack is a game changer for so many. Still, I lost interest in most of what the pack had to offer once the novelty wore off. The different weather just serves as a nicer backdrop for my Sims to play in. I don't regret buying it but it's not at the top of my list.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I'll add on to the others comments: SEASONS FIRST ALL THE WAY.
    It adds exponentially more dimension to the overall gameplay and can be utilized in any type of household or game save.
    You may not *always* have a Sim who is in a "famous" career, but seasons will always be taking place around you.

Personally, I think Seasons is worth the cost, and Get Famous is not. For that EP, I'd wait until its on sale. I fell in love with the trailer and couldn't wait to play, and got relatively bored within a few actual days of playing. I still, several months later, still enjoy Seasons no matter what household I've got.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I'd have to say Get Famous, first. I have both and now that GF is in place, I'm finding the endless rainy days annoying. Even when I have just one week per season, it rains just about every single Sim Day. It's very hard on my singer Sim to do outdoor concerts in the heat when it's raining.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Seasons is great, the only thing I would say against buying it is that after I installed it my pets glitched out and became unplayable, they still do sometimes though it's mostly fixed.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd have to say Get Famous, first. I have both and now that GF is in place, I'm finding the endless rainy days annoying. Even when I have just one week per season, it rains just about every single Sim Day. It's very hard on my singer Sim to do outdoor concerts in the heat when it's raining.

You can turn off rain in the game settings. I did it and it's the best decision ever even tho, I wish they would also lessen the frequency of rain rather than me having to totally turn it off. :( Cuz then the umbrellas are useless. :sweat_smile:

And it's not even the rain that bothers me, it's the sims glitching out again and again when they are using the umbrella. So annoying. >.<
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I'm fully aware there are bugs with both - Get Famous being new and understandably this way and Seasons having a few issues still lingering.

But for someone who doesn't have either but wants both - would you say to get Seasons first and Get Famous after?

I wasn't a huge fan of seasons this time around because I felt it was VERY lackluster compared to previous iterations, however I do feel it adds much more to the game than Get Famous. Get Famous is def more of a gamepack. If you really want one of those two then I would do seasons. Do you have all the other packs? To be honest I recommend several of the gamepacks wayyyyy more than either of those two expansions. Also, if you don't have get to work yet I actually thought that pack was super fun. I also like Get Together and its prob my 2nd fav pack so far as far as expansions go. If you don't have any of those then I would for sure get Get Together or Get to work before seasons and def before Get Famous. Also, the gamepacks are all pretty fun and I think they are done better than most of the expansions. Dogs and Cats was ok, but again, it just didn't compare to past iterations. It just depends which packs you have.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think I'd go Seasons first because of the calendar system -- with Seasons you actually see the Talent Showcases and Starlight Accolades on the calendar so you can plan your week accordingly. (The talent showcases are a bit glitchy -- I've got a post about that elsewhere, but it's still good to have the advance notice.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Get Seasons. It affects everything in the game and kept me entertained for a lot longer than GF.
    2UFyFUV.png

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Definitely Season for me. It changes all the worlds fundamentally, and adds a whole new aspect to time progressing for the Sims. The entire game feels brand new again since installing it.
  • DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    It's hard for me to choose because these 2 EPs are my most favorite.

I always wanted my sims to get recognized by every sims and being extraordinary, and I've waited for this kind of game play since day one, so I was very happy when I heard that GF is coming out!

Also the season EP, I lived in Thailand which is hot season all year round and it is a boring season for me, so I would love to see snow or different season in the game. I can celebrate Christmas with other sims while freezing outside with a snow that is so amazing. I've never experienced that in my real life though, I just saw them in the movie. :)

So if I have to choose one, ummm I'll go with GF first, being famous is like my dream, so it's the most important thing for my sims hahaha
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Another vote for Seasons here. I just received Get Famous yesterday as an early Christmas present and it is a lot of fun too, but Seasons just makes everything feel more alive and I wouldn't want to play without it now.
  • CaffeinatedRachelCaffeinatedRachel Posts: 45 Member
    Seasons for sure. I just splurged and bought both at the same time, but I love seeing the dynamic weather changes. It just makes the game feel so much more alive.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Definitely Season for me. Having this has enhanced the game so much for me. Seasons has to be my favorite addition to the game--Winter being my favorite season. I have everything except for Get Famous (still on the fence about that). Don't have Vampires because I don't want it in my game. I have all the stuff packs except for Spooky Stuff because don't want that in my game either.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Definitely seasons. Like everyone has already mentioned, it changes so much in the game.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Seasons adds tons of atmosphere, GF adds tons of gameplay. Both are a must, but I like GF more.