Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (Update Hotfix For Error 102 and Hot Keys Out Now)!!!!!

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    So still no fix for the leaf piles? :disappointed:

Nooooo, say it isn't so! :'(

I hope they just forgot to mention it.

I'm not pleased about them nerfing the thermostat, however. I loved using it to crank the bills up higher for a bigger challenge.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I wonder if they found a solution for the swimming pool-Sims can't eat bug.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I still have no idea what exactly a "Baby Ariel" is, but the tops and the jeans are pretty cute. (The 1st pic is the new full body outfit.)

zB1YJDG.jpg

If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I'm not pleased about them nerfing the thermostat, however. I loved using it to crank the bills up higher for a bigger challenge.

You can use MCCC to increase their bills up to x1000.
    I still have no idea what exactly a "Baby Ariel" is, but the tops and the jeans are pretty cute. (The 1st pic is the new full body outfit.)

zB1YJDG.jpg

I believe she is an American singer?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

zB1YJDG.jpg

Sorry, I should have said "I still don't care who Baby Ariel is", otherwise I could have found lots of information, being connected to the internet and all. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

zB1YJDG.jpg

She is and she's a homeless sim who is famous in Get Famous.
    I can't get over that smart speaker. Atleast now it will be quicker then getting on the phone or pc to order stuff.
    edited December 2018

zB1YJDG.jpg

She is and she's a homeless sim who is famous in Get Famous.

Yes, I discovered her some weeks after starting my current save and she was still a teenager. A very nice and characterful NPC.
    edited December 2018

You can use MCCC to increase their bills up to x1000.

I'm aware of everything that can be done with MCCC. :) I consider using MCCC a cheaty way to get the job done, however. I prefer gameplay solutions, when possible, so it feels like I'm actually playing the game. Plus, I removed MCCC some time ago to avoid issues I was having.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hmmm, I'm getting a loading error now, when my Sim tries to go to work as a police officer - just get taken to the worlds page... Anyone else getting the same thing with active careers?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm starting to wonder if it really is that difficult for the devs to make it so that the game deletes all the leaf piles once winter comes around
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Don't use the UI Extension Mod till it's updated

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited December 2018

I agree this is disappointing, I liked the challenge. The bills were a little excessive, but why is the solution to get rid of the price increase entirely, rather than just slightly modify it? :/
    Hmmm, I'm getting a loading error now, when my Sim tries to go to work as a police officer - just get taken to the worlds page... Anyone else getting the same thing with active careers?

I tried with my scientist sim and he was able to go to work just fine
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    This patch broke my game I'm no longer able to travel
    Don't use the UI Extension Mod till it's updated

Thanks for the info.

@catloverplayer, have you repaired game and deleted the local thumb cache? I've just done that and my Sim is now able to travel, via the phone or when invited somewhere or when it's time for her to go to her active career.
    edited December 2018

@catloverplayer, have you repaired game and deleted the local thumb cache? I've just done that and my Sim is now able to travel, via the phone or when invited somewhere or when it's time for her to go to her active career.

No I haven't but I reported it to Nick and he said it might be a bug on their end. It happens even without mods.
    @catloverplayer Definitely try deleting the localthumbcache, and don't save the game while you have this error. Many eons ago when I had a traveling bug, I fixed it by deleting localthumbcache.
    bixters wrote: »

I agree this is disappointing, I liked the challenge. The bills were a little excessive, but why is the solution to get rid of the price increase entirely, rather than just slightly modify it? :/

They have a tendency to nerf things completely instead of taking time to make adjustments. Easier, I guess.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if it really is that difficult to delete all the leaf piles once winter comes around

Not difficult, but definitely tedious. Takes 3+ tries to remove just one pile and they return every fall. I don't wish to spend all of my playing time deleting leaf piles.

Is it the online thumbnail catche?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if it really is that difficult to delete all the leaf piles once winter comes around

Not difficult, but definitely tedious. Takes 3+ tries to remove just one pile and they return every fall. I don't wish to spend all of my playing time deleting leaf piles.

I meant for the devs to fix this through a patch. Doing it manually is definitely tedious, though