Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A moment of appreciation for my favorite object in the Sims EVER

I just want to give a shout out to whoever on the Sims 4 Team made this thing of beauty.

tumblr_pjt8p6wZFW1y0fxb6o1_1280.png

I have wanted a record player console like this in my real life SO BAD for SO LONG. My small downtown abode has never permitted me the room to have one, so having it in my Sims house is the next best thing. Great color palette on it too.

And an honorable mention to this fly set of rings.

tumblr_pjt99aGAjo1y0fxb6o1_400.png

Rings for every finger? Yes plz! Works especially well with CC nails. Although why is it under masculine only? I bling up my ladies with it all the time.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Comments

• Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Someone is rocking the mid century modern look with some of these packs. I’m loving it!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I adore that stereo!!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That was the stereo that made me squeal. I'd like a few more old fashioned types added but was so happy for this one.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love it that the vinyls on this stereo are really spinning around.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I remember being enthralled by those record players in the homes of relatives as a child. I can’t believe so many years later my grandmother would indulge this fascination by playing record after record for me.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    That stereo and a lot of the furniture from Get Famous look fabulous together. That stereo is also one of my favorites. My parents had one for a very long time before technology dictated we needed to play cassettes and then CDs.

I would love to have something like that in real life, but have it play MP3s in addition to old records.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    Wow! It looks so classic.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    My mother told me she had a set like this. One of her greatest regrets she tells me is "buying into the CD meme." (She has discovered reddit. I am bombarded by Reddit posts and memes daily.) She sold all her records and her hi-fi and told me multiple times how she regrets it. It's basically been a cautionary tell to us (me and my brothers) to be wary and not jump on the newest technology. I also Love this radio. Two things I would love them to add more of is the retro 50s/60s/70s vibe. The bowling pack is my 3rd favorite in terms of cas and build items I use.
  • Options
    PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    This is my favourite item too, though I do remember having a wooden record player ;)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I remember one of those as well, used it by the hour. Still have a goodly number of the period vinyl disks, though the player is now one of those small types that does only 1 record at a time, instead of being able to stack them on the tall spindle. I presume the poster on the wall is CC. Just the thing to help the vibe. Won't say I'm old, but I remember when records were made of some sort of hard ceramic that could break if dropped, and it took a album of about 5 of them to get what 1 vinyl LP had. Those were the days...
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    In the age of digital music, I appreciate being able to get vinyl albums of my favorite artists, I like owning a physical piece of the art form and album covers are beautiful. We are in the middle of a vinyl renaissance! The records on the floor are CC from TheSimsResource, and I have found many different types of record players there.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I remember being enthralled by those record players in the homes of relatives as a child. I can’t believe so many years later my grandmother would indulge this fascination by playing record after record for me.

We had one of those console stereos when I was a child. Definitely brings back memories for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    Still have a goodly number of the period vinyl disks,..
    I’m a bit curious about what counts as a period discs. :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In my case, disks that were made back in the time before CD's came out, not the ones currently out there due to the renewed interest in phonographs. The ones you need to go to yard sales, flea markets, second hand shops, evil bay, and other such places to find.