Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Question Concering Roommates

Hi all, after doing a quick search of the forums I couldn't find any mention of the question I wanted to ask.

In the home neighborhood, if my Sim has a roommate can that roommate end up pregnant if I have story progression on?

Comments

• thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    That's a good question. I would think that since you can see them all the time, they can't do it. Sims can't do certain things on their own if you play them in a house like bills, or woohoo!
  • PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited February 2013
    That's a good question. I would think that since you can see them all the time, they can't do it. Sims can't do certain things on their own if you play them in a house like bills, or woohoo!

Ummm I don't know about that I might of just gotten a fluke but I had a Sim at a party and witnessed two people Woohooing in the shower!
  • SylinaBSylinaB Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2013
    @Thesims3boy I guess that makes sense! So I guess having story progression enabled wouldn't even matter. Hmm, thanks for the reply!

@Pretoda, so there may be hope! Now that you mention it, I think the same has happened to me before.
  • Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited February 2013

So room mates can't woohoo with your sims if you ain't controlling them thats kinda odd. cause we can woohoo and marry NPC's or is it different for room mates.
    edited February 2013
    Pretoda wrote:

Ummm I don't know about that I might of just gotten a fluke but I had a Sim at a party and witnessed two people Woohooing in the shower!
    How vile! I hop it was in their own home! :lol:
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping that they can get pregnant actually. It would add a lot to my game play, but honestly I doubt that they'll be able to. One can hope :)
  • Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited February 2013
    SylinaB wrote:
    I'm hoping that they can get pregnant actually. It would add a lot to my game play, but honestly I doubt that they'll be able to. One can hope :)

hmmmm I wonder why they can't get pregnant i would ave thought they would work like the NPC's who are generated into our homeworlds.
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, I can see the complaints now; "OMG my stupid roommate keeps getting pregnant." Haha I'm sure a lot of people would complain.
    edited February 2013
    SylinaB wrote:
    Hmm, I can see the complaints now; "OMG my stupid roommate keeps getting pregnant." Haha I'm sure a lot of people would complain.
    Haha! I could imagine a picture someone posts for help and there is a house full of babies and a pregnant roommate!
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited February 2013

So room mates can't woohoo with your sims if you ain't controlling them thats kinda odd. cause we can woohoo and marry NPC's or is it different for room mates.

He is talking about autonomous actions not user-directed actions. If you direct your sim to woohoo with their roommate of course this can happen.
    WznfzGr.gif
    edited February 2013
    SylinaB wrote:
    Haha! I could imagine a picture someone posts for help and there is a house full of babies and a pregnant roommate!

Yeah, but sadly that is why I think they won't allow it. I'm pretty sure that it would cause problems for people who don't want babies.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you have awesome mod or Twallan's storyprogression, they won't be able to have a baby if they don't own a crib. That is, or less you do it manually.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was wondering about something else also. What about bills? Will they suspend or will my sim continue to receive them even though they won't have a job but are in school.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • TenshinoshinTenshinoshin Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2013
    From what I understand, it's going to be like being on vacation; everything in the home-world stops while your Sim is at University, so you won't get slammed with a bunch of unpaid bills (or relationship weirdness) when you get back. I can't remember where I read that, but I'm fairly sure I did.
  • LFC92LFC92 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is an old post but my Sim has invited his girlfriend from uni to come visit and asked her to be his roomate at his family home. She is now pregnant!! I have a mod for risky woohoo and she is getting big hahaha
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    LFC92 wrote: »
    I know this is an old post but my Sim has invited his girlfriend from uni to come visit and asked her to be his roomate at his family home. She is now pregnant!! I have a mod for risky woohoo and she is getting big hahaha

@LFC92, not sure if you're asking about the mod in your post, but if you are, you might want to ask about it over on the site where it came from as we can't discuss that "W" mod... ;)
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I am going to close this as it's a necro and it does sound like we're talking for some maybe not-so-safe for the forums content. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top