Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Sentimental About Sims' Photography?

13...Next

Comments

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    My sims walls are COMPLETELY covered with photos of their family members. I love looking back at then when everyone grows up :) Every family member has at least one photo at every life stage and at least one selfie with every close friend. I wish we had a photo album too because these photos are taking lots of space. Also, photos are actually the reason i started downloading poses for my sims because I got bored of the in-game ones.

Here are some examples of how my sims photos look:
    3aa74bf5c264.png

b132867bf8d0.png

More under the cut:
    4c25e99d0d5f.png

645e7a716335.png

18f261523539.png

c01bdf98e3ce.png

85c5279ef1a3.png

f1db300c4f48.png

04780049b954.png

a23da6640290.png

594c09158b3b.png

84a2cc9ee2f0.png

7350314dff63.png

1fe38ed9133f.png

135be302acc6.png

3fc7c22ca376.png

12c43d849d81.png

02d6b3f40887.png

f308415f927e.png

97dea91ef68d.png

ff383190ec1c.png

080b6fee7d86.png

4d2487c0704e.png

d0bd14fd2d47.png

Can you share where you downloaded the custom frames? And I take a lot of photos too, however no poses. Now after seeing your photos with all the different poses, I've gotta find poses and learn how to use them. I'm inspired
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Yes, I like to keep portraits of my family since I started to play a Legacy Challenge.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2018
    @QueenofMyshuno @RedDestiny92 thanks!

@Samantha2028 you can always change the color of the frame in build mode. Or you can download custom ones!

@orkhid22 I use Joolsters photo frames, they're truly amazing! :)
    Here's the link: sims4studio.com/thread/4774/joolsters-corner?page=3 (Just scroll down and you'll find them quickly. You can also find some painting frames on page one!)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Dt4f7IqUwAAyUSX.jpg:large
    I do but it depends on the occasion. In this save I'm playing, I had my Sims get married. In this instance, as well as Winterfest and GeekCon, I had them take three photos. One of each other, and then another one of them together. It's nice to see those photos on the wall as the game progresses.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I love photography in the Sims 4, I made a Famous Photographer with Get Famous, he took Vaudeville, Flapper style photos of my Bette Davis sim as a platinum blonde, in Black & white photos. So when she finally makes it really big (and gets older), she'll of course have darker, longer hair. I can reflect when she was just starting out.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

@Samantha2028 you can always change the color of the frame in build mode. Or you can download custom ones!

Here's the link: sims4studio.com/thread/4774/joolsters-corner?page=3 (Just scroll down and you'll find them quickly. You can also find some painting frames on page one!)

Thanks!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Are you guys downloading poses ? It's always the same ones in the game, and your sim can't take a picture with more than one other sim (and it's always the same pose). Why can't we select several sims ? Also I think it would be nice to be able to put photos on top of a nightstand, table etc, like we could in TS3. And have other types of frames and polaroids.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Dianesims I haven't used poses yet, but it's something I want to do in the future. I usually just tell my sims to "stand here" and then tell the photographer to "take a photo" (NOT "take a photo of") so that nobody poses, and then I just see what they're doing when the picture snaps. Sometimes they're doing something weird, but then sometimes I get some great shots this way. If I want a wedding picture or something romantic, then I'll have the subjects hold hands or something like that, which also makes for some cute photos.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I love the photography. I use it decor my sim home in family pics. Every sim in my household has photography but not all of them max the skill.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited December 2018
    Just did this to decorate one of my families' house.
    25je1wk.png
    Very cool @Dianesims - love how they’ Arranged around the hearts.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

Thank you so much for this! The custom frames I had been using (for both paintings and photos) broke many patches ago and never got updated so I have been just using the default for a year or so. These are perfect!

Everyone's pictures in this thread are beautiful, really glad you started it @QueenofMyshuno; I'm enjoying seeing what peeps do with pictures in their game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Everyone's pictures in this thread are beautiful, really glad you started it @QueenofMyshuno; I'm enjoying seeing what peeps do with pictures in their game.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures, too. And I'm also learning a lot from seeing and hearing about what other people are doing.