Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more random computer usage!

Putting this in both gen mods and gen ts4 discussion so it can be seen. Anyways littlemssam has made a mod that let's sims be able to claim personal possession of items including computers. Once claimed no one else can use them. I am adding the link below for anyone interested

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/179751211598/personal-objects-computer-tablets-more-set-a
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Putting this in both gen mods and gen ts4 discussion so it can be seen. Anyways littlemssam has made a mod that let's sims be able to claim personal possession of items including computers. Once claimed no one else can use them. I am adding the link below for anyone interested

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/179751211598/personal-objects-computer-tablets-more-set-a
    2llotup.jpg
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    That is awesome!
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @hunniboo1, It's great! I installed it right away myself.
    I just wish she'd add bars to the list of things it covers, so annoying that patchy always comes in from the garden and makes lousy drinks that just sit around.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @hunniboo1, It's great! I installed it right away myself.
    I just wish she'd add bars to the list of things it covers, so annoying that patchy always comes in from the garden and makes lousy drinks that just sit around.

Glad I can help I just knew many ppl including me were tired of strangers and visitors going straight for the computer
    2llotup.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    If any of my guests in RL were to help themselves to either my computer or even my laptop I'd be steaming angry. How durst thou? It is the height of rudeness.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    If any of my guests in RL were to help themselves to either my computer or even my laptop I'd be steaming angry. How durst thou? It is the height of rudeness.

No kidding! “I know you invited me over to hang out, but omg you have Sims Forever!!”
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

I agree! But it happens....I have an IRL friend who would just help herself to using my PC. She did it even after I told her once I don't appreciate it. I now use password login and the screensaver auto-lock because of her. So annoying! Some people don't understand boundaries...just like some Sims, I guess.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Ah, that is great to know, thanks for sharing! It's been driving me nuts that guests use the computers, not to mention kids spending hrs on their parents' pc in the parents' bedroom. I've locked some doors, but ownership sounds much easier.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I agree! But it happens....I have an IRL friend who would just help herself to using my PC. She did it even after I told her once I don't appreciate it. I now use password login and the screensaver auto-lock because of her. So annoying! Some people don't understand boundaries...just like some Sims, I guess.

You’re more patient than me... she wouldn’t be my friend anymore!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    Yes! Every guest just goes right to the computer, sometimes giving themselves video game skill that I didn't want them to have. It was to the point where every room with a computer would need to be locked before a party or a visitor. Or worse if one of the bedrooms had a staircase leading directly into it, there's no door to lock so the computer needs moved into the household inventory each time. Thanks for the link. :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Interesting. I usually just lock the door to whatever room the computer is in.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    This is awesome! Thank you for sharing this information! :)<3
    #Team Occult
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have banned computers from residential lots. They can all go to the local library.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I have been using this mod since it came out and it works wonderfully. It has ALWAYS annoyed me that guests would just walk straight to a hosts computer and just start playing on it and I always wished for this option. Heck, even personalizing the PCs so family members will play on their own is a wonderful thing too. Now when company comes, they actually socialize like they are supposed to.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I *love* that mod!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thankful for our Mods. :)
    The only other thing that works mostly, is buying them the 800 computer, they have little interest in that one, I see no difference in what the computers can do from the low-cost 800 one to the 15000 it's not like we can see anything right its just the look. I am not sure about the 15000 one I do have it maybe it's needed for some careers.
    So If you do not use mods and want a computer in the house.? Use the cheap one and see what happens.

I even hate my
    Sims overuse of their own computers, it's like all they do. I wish I could lock out the owner as well.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

You are awesome! I was just started looking for a mod that does exactly what yours does and this was the first thread I looked at lol. Thank you!
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

You are awesome! I was just started looking for a mod that does exactly what yours does and this was the first thread I looked at lol. Thank you!

No problem <3
    2llotup.jpg
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Thank you! Added this to my bookmarked mods, to d/l later. Gratitude! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie: -because one cookie isn't enough; 12 is better! :lol: