Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite pre made neighborhood?

BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 2
Which of the 6 main Maxis neighborhoods do you like the most?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Favorite pre made neighborhood? 119 votes

Pleasantview
48%
Tootsyim1TheStarHermitEmily4331LaBlue0314aprilroseCabelle1863dreamergrl84Rflong7PlayerSinger2010StormkeepJinx23SleepycatDSLkeekee53elanorbretonAnmirlaRadioAChickenFearlessButterflynnataliaggcsweetface44SPARKY1922 58 votes
Veronaville
11%
HejixErja888kimjo313MindofysimsinmysleeplulubadwolfRipleyrawrLemon405M13VulpeculaluxsylvanIceeyafai1261Lyphaniafoxynka 14 votes
Strangetown
19%
MagdaleenaJULES1111ParyDevSims91Cinebarmilly001Devalaousdjavor1992Sigzy05Olivesplum06MakoSimsgarapoesNoree_DoreeGoulsquashmikapuderosasimsWeirdosimsAfterMidnightKayosCatalystKaron 23 votes
Riverblossom Hills
6%
aelias24arielgtheone2bejjames041chojrakwiredhanna67littlemissgogoharun789Odinn 8 votes
Desiderata Valley
4%
cmbaker16tasha053109Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtBrindleton 5 votes
Belladonna Cove
9%
zagboorulesMissFashionistafionaloveserranoWulfsimmerEcafewlinesDoodlebeansKatastrophicSimchozoboPerfectSorrowviolaineT 11 votes

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Pleasantview
    I like the dysfunction of Pleasantview. :blush:
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2018
    Veronaville
    Something about Veronaville always drew me in. I liked the architectural style, I guess, plus I liked the pre-mades in that neighborhood. Ahhh, now I want to open Sims 2 just to see them all again. :)

ETA: I did end up opening Sims 2, went to the Summerdreams' house where a party was going. Puck and Hermia had their first kiss then cuddled under the stars. Before the party ended, there were not one, but TWO Capp/Monty fights with lots of crowd cheering and dust flying. Somehow, the party ended as a 'snoozer' but I thought it was great, lol.

k42WID2.jpg
    Post edited by simsinmysleep on
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Pleasantview
    Defo pleasantview I think because I love the sims and their backstories there as well :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Strangetown
    I would say Strangetown. I love the fact that there are already aliens living there when you start. I do love my aliens!
  • GrandmaJaneyGrandmaJaney Posts: 33 Member
    Pleasantview
    Dear Brindleton,

Pleasantview is my favorite neighborhood. I have the most fond memories of the last decade playing there with my simmies.

Grandma janey
  • SimNerdHereSimNerdHere Posts: 2 New Member
    Pleasantview
    I love the Broke Family and the Goth Family from Pleasantview. Oh, and you gotta love Don Lothario and the mystery surrounding Bella Goth's disappearance!
  • GrandmaJaneyGrandmaJaney Posts: 33 Member
    Pleasantview
    [quote="SimNerdHere;c-16600017"]I love the Broke Family and the Goth Family from Pleasantview. Oh, and you gotta love Don Lothario and the mystery surrounding Bella Goth's disappearance![/quote]

Dear SimNerdHere

Agreed! Those were my absolute favorite parts about the neighborhood.

Grandma Janey
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Strangetown
    Strange Town because it was indeed. :DB)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Pleasantview
    I voted Pleasantview, but it's more of a tie with Veronaville. Not only does Pleasantview have broken families to sort out and fix, but sooner or later Cassandra Goth finds via chance card some ancient ruins. For me that is an open invitation to bring the lost civilization into the game in some manner, including adding appropriate items from neighborhood view. Too bad TS2 had no way to explore ruins and such like TS3 had or we somewhat do it TS4. Veronaville it's about ending the feud, bringing peace, and getting the town back on its feet.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview initially but I mainly used my own custom neighbourhoods. Saying that, I was always fond of Bluewater Village too; probably as OFB was my Fave Sims 2 expansion. I was never that keen on Veronaville or Strangetown. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Pleasantview
    I like Pleasantview the most because of the sims there. But, I really like to play one of the fan-made megahoods instead. That way I can play all the families together and have them interact with each other. Like Dustin Broke breaking up with Angela to marry Capp heir Juliette, and Angela marrying Tank Grunt.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Veronaville
    Veronaville. It started because I knew the Monty's from the PS2 game, and from there on I started liking these premades the most. For my current rotational I'm planning on letting the feud rage on >:)
    Banner.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i loved all of them. tho for some reason the base game ones are missing from my main menu
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    Pleasantview
    I LOVE Pleasantview way more than I should :D. I like messing up everybody's lifes and fixing the lives of the people I like.
  • LyphaniaLyphania Posts: 3 New Member
    Veronaville
    The base game ones are so full of charm. Though Veronaville will always have a special place in my heart, I just wish it would have been more populated. I always feel the need to play a poor pauper in Veronaville.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Belladonna Cove
    I prefer Belladona Cove. I really love my sims living in apartments. Also I love visiting neighbours.
    Pleasantview is also good. It was the first neighborhood I have played. And I love the families and their stories.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Pleasantview
    It will always be Pleasantview or "Skönköping" in swedish lol. Love the drama with the Goths and Calientes.
  • PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    Belladonna Cove
    I liked belladonna cove and usually played as the witch sisters (forget the family name...started with a C) eventually I got into making my own neighbourhoods and stuck to playing those though. The one thing that always made me sad in the game was the one ET torreto?) from college you’d meet, would go back to strange town and then I’d never see her again but my sim always became her friend.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview. I densely populate it with lots, it usually ends up looking nothing like the original.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • simsterlyrocksimsterlyrock Posts: 28 Member
    Pleasantview
    I've always loved Pleasantview. Strangetown is a close second, but I don't care about the others as much. Anytime I start a new challenge, unless I create my own 'hood for it, I'm in Pleasantview or Strangetown.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Pleasantview
    I liked belladonna cove and usually played as the witch sisters (forget the family name...started with a C) eventually I got into making my own neighbourhoods and stuck to playing those though. The one thing that always made me sad in the game was the one ET torreto?) from college you’d meet, would go back to strange town and then I’d never see her again but my sim always became her friend.

I think you mean Stella Terrano. Since she's a playable sim you could load her into a dorm, play through, then move into the town. I do that regularly as she's a great friend/spouse. In my game at least she's a universal sim, so can be put into any village from its respective colleges.

Strangetown has a lot of story possibilities and ample space to build on. Be nice if we could bring over the TS4 basement tools. The idea of a two level underground complex of some sort (the place is ex-military, after all) is intriguing.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    Riverblossom Hills
    I loved to play in Riverblossom Hills. It was so charming and sleepy. I was also obsessed with playing plantsims. It was hard to made one, because I had to motherlode few times and place like 30 trees over whole lot and wait for trees spraying. So it was easier to create plantsim in Riverblossom Hills by Rose Greenman. I also build few houses with glass roofs and tree inside. But to fit tree inside, they had to be large, so bills was also large. :tongue: I also rememer that in Greenman's house I was often making parties, and almost whole day and night latin music was playing in background.

And it was first town in which I discovered seasons, so that's why I find it most intresting and memorable to me. :relieved:
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Strangetown
    Strangetown, even though it's a desert, so yeah not the most aesthetically pleasing, but STILL.

I'm there for the aliens. And all the weird lore going on. Yes.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Veronaville
    I played my first and only 10 generation legacy there. It was so beautiful, I nearly cried when I saw it for the first time. It was my dream come true!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Strangetown
    Ahh, I loved Strangetown with all my heart! Miss this crazy neighborhood.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top