Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photo of the nectary

Hi everyone. I am trying to complete my sims travel album in Photography and cannot take a photo of the nectary. It just keeps saying hotspot. Is there a trick or a certain angle needed to take it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and happy simming

Chicaine

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    Chicaine22 wrote:
    Hi everyone. I am trying to complete my sims travel album in Photography and cannot take a photo of the nectary. It just keeps saying hotspot. Is there a trick or a certain angle needed to take it?

Chicaine

I didn't know the nectary could be a hot spot. Did you change the lot type?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited November 2012
    I constantly have this problem too, I am sorry I don't have a solution though I wish I did.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Chicaine22Chicaine22 Posts: 321 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    Chicaine22 wrote:

Chicaine

I didn't know the nectary could be a hot spot. Did you change the lot type?

No I didn't. I haven't touched it. :(
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    Try putting down a lot in France that is one of the bar/lounge/club types and then that will be the Hot Spot most of the time. That's probably why I didn't know the nectary could be a hot spot, I built two lots in France for Late Night, one Local Watering Hole and one Fusion lounge. For me one of those two is always the Hot Spot.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • CandieMillerCandieMiller Posts: 1 New Member
    Enter cheat enablelotlocking true. Go to edit town. Copy the Nectary. Then edit world place a 64 * 64. Then change the lot type to Nectary. Then place a copy. Took the picture first time. The go back to edit world and delete the lot completely if you want.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I learned early on that the only way to get a photo of the nectary that was not labeled a hotspot was to send my sim there as soon as she arrives in France for the very first time. However, having a nectary in the home world is another good solution. The photo doesn't have to be taken in France.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing your workarounds for future readers :) I'll lock the thread here to limit further reviving this thread (it's 7 years old so a wee bit necro'd)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top