Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World editing advice please on tearing lots

Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I have seen a world that is ideally suited for what I am looking for however there are issues with the lots raising/tearing. I would like to try and fix these myself however I have never used CAW before so I wouldn't know where to start but i'm willing to give it a go. Are there any good tutorials/step-by-step guides that would help me?

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

the World can be found here Riverside (scroll right to the bottom)
I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited December 2018
    http://modthesims.info/t/469942

Once you have the world in Create a World, you will click on the "lots" tab then "conform edges" and click on the lot.
    Or you can, if I remember right, click the lot, then delete, then hit the redo button - it should auto correct the lot to fit the terrain.

It's very important to give the world a new name, image, then "save as".
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    thank you @KatyFernlily I have downloaded CAW so will go try that now
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Have you taken the world in game and deleted the lots then replaced them with the World Editor? Sometimes that will work.

Do you have the CAW files for the world?

If you can use CAW then there are 2 options. I see the lots are not built so both will work-
    1. click on a lot, save the lot address; click the delete key to delete the lot, click yes; click undo and add the address back. do this for each lot. Do this for each lot to reset the lots. Making sure to add their addresses.
    2. Sometimes this works- go to the tools bar and choose Terrain, click on the Export Map. Name it and export. Now, Click on the Import map and add the map you just exported. Save. Check lots to see if they're reset to their correct height.

• Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I had a play around in CAW and conformed the lots then went into edit in game mode, the lots are raised higher than the surrounding ground and are lighter in colour. I went back and tried the delete/undo method which worked but there are still issues with a yellow line showing up around the edge of the lots and lot terrain changing colour when you move the camera around.

It turns out the world isn't suitable after all so I am still on the hunt for one until I have the time to learn how to use CAW, then design and create my own
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2018
    Lilypink79 wrote: »
    I had a play around in CAW and conformed the lots then went into edit in game mode, the lots are raised higher than the surrounding ground and are lighter in colour. I went back and tried the delete/undo method which worked but there are still issues with a yellow line showing up around the edge of the lots and lot terrain changing colour when you move the camera around.

It turns out the world isn't suitable after all so I am still on the hunt for one until I have the time to learn how to use CAW, then design and create my own

You do know the only way to learn to use CAW is to use it. If you're afraid of failing, remember failure is a part of learning. toddlers fall learning to walk, kids fall learning to ride a bike, we say words wrong until we get it right. So, do it. Fail and know you're learning. :)

*If you have time to play, you have time to use CAW. One hour at a time. It's fun to use CAW and it's play.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Lilypink79 wrote: »

Sometimes what you see in Create a World is not the same as what you see in game. Try to export it and see what it looks like while in the game itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top