Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you change your planned outfits with the Seasons?

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Other (please comment below if you don't mind).
    I pick outfits that look like they could work in any season, (except for extreme temps, as we have separate categories for those).
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    No...I can't be bothered, they should be happy I let them wear clothes.
    I generally only change their clothes when I feel like it - otherwise, the hot/cold weather clothing takes care of everything.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Well, I usually give them one outfit per category. Sometimes I'll actually add 5 outfits per category, but not for sleepwear, formal wear, party wear & swimwear. For those categories, I only add about 2 outfits, since they're barely wearing it (one for warm weather and one for cold weather). I don't like how Sims sometimes randomly change their clothes in the middle of the day or after they've bathed or taken a shower. To me, they should wear one particular outfit for the whole day and a different outfit each day. But I won't constantly change the outfits I've given them. Once I've planned their outfits, I'm not entering CAS again.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I try to give them a variety of everyday outfits for different weather like summer dress and jeans and sweaters and wam and cold workout clothes and then if I don’t like what they choose I get them to change on the fly.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I also love picking out winter outfits for the little ones.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,089 Member
    I select the outfits I like the best for each Sim in all 8 categories, so, they're cool in Summer and warm in Winter, as well as their other outfits.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    It depends for me. Most of the time I give them 2-5 outfits in Everyday, Summer and Winter, and 1 or 2 in everything else. The category I am most likely to change is everyday though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I pick outfits that look like they could work in any season, (except for extreme temps, as we have separate categories for those).

I do this a lot as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I change most of the outfits twice a sim-year, for winter and summer.
    I just got Seasons and have all been from Fall to Winter, but I'm obsessed with making sure they look weather-appropriate, so I have them all wearing sweater, jackets, etc., right now and will definitely switch it up once the weather turns warmer.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I change most of the outfits for every season.
    I have to change outfits for every season my OCD with Sims games will not allow me to do otherwise :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    No. Too much effort. Plus, have you ever considered rotational players would take forever updating all their played household clothes? That's madness.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I make the everyday outfits cater more to autumn/spring season, and then make the appropriate hot/cold weather fits
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Since we have hot and cold categories I make those my summer and winter outfits. Everyday is set to semi warm, suitable for spring and autumn.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I don't really have an eye for fashion, like... what looks good?

I can barely seem to throw together ONE outfit per outfit category that I decide "yeah, this doesn't look hideous".
    I'd spend all day in CAS if I had to do something like "One outfit per day of the week" for even one outfit category, much less if I gave the same treatment to Warm/Cold weather outfit categories.

Some people are really good at coordinating outfits for their Sims.
    Hoo boy, am I not, though!
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I would change their outfits more if we had a “saved outfits” option. That way I won’t have to try remembering all the details of their past outfits whenever the season calls for it. CAS is already time consuming.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited December 2018
    I hate trying to think of even a second set of outfits for my sims but I have no issue changing their main attire but I usually only do it when I feel it neccesary like they age up to adults and need a more mature look or to elders and no longer should be wearing a mini skirt and tub top for parties. I also change their look if their status changes like the become rich and famous or their overall character changes and a new attire will better fit them. I also sometimes add new attire sets when I want them to have a "work attire" for their retail stores, a costume, a wedding set or camping/adventure set.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I change outfits constantly anyway....weather can't take the blame for it.
    I'm not from a place where seasons are a thing. What are the styles associated with each season?
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I change outfits constantly anyway....weather can't take the blame for it.
    I love changing and planning outfits, even with a household of 6-8 at any given time! I do though try to match their everyday outfits to the season though
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • mysle86mysle86 Posts: 20 Member
    I chose "I change most of the outfits twice a sim-year, for winter and summer.", But that is not 100% true. I mostly just change their everyday outfit. All my sims have 2-4 everyday outfits and I change them for fall/winter and spring/summer. Maybe I change their party outfit too depending on what it looks like. I myself dont have specific summer or winter formal dresses, so my sims dont either. They do have a few different ones though to fit different kinds of formal parties..
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I chose 'Other' because mine would be a "sometimes" answer. Usually I try for fairly generic everyday stuff, but may give played sims one 'seasonal' outfit in the everyday category if I'm playing them a lot. I'm more likely to change sims planned outfits for age transitions and career changes.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I give them multiple outdoor and indoor outfits in cold outfit category, and if it's hot they wear outfits from hot outfit category.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I usually use kind of neutral clothes when it comes to what my Sims wear for their everyday category. I try to include both jackets and shirts, so it feels like they are comfortable and cozy when they wear them inside the hourse. Then I switch them to their hot weather and cold weather outfits whenever they go out. It's quite effective for me so far.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I have no clue why they gave us 5 summer and winter outfit areas when the Sims never use them.
    They just change to their first everyday outfit when they go out.
    So I just make that one the seasonal outfit, and sometimes I will add a rain outfit in their every day, or just let them use the umbrella.

I wish it was the way its suppose to be, like in Sims 2 when they just auto change for the season, we did not even have to pick out outfits they just auto did it on their own.

I wonder what went wrong?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    I change most of the outfits for every season.
    @Stormsview, my sims use the cold weather and hot weather outfits automatically when going outside IF the temperature is in range to qualify for needing them. You saying yours do not change automatically when it's hot or cold outside?

My main problem is they weren't changing OUT of the cold weather when going inside automatically.....I had to get a mod so they weren't sitting around the house with hat, scarf and gloves on.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    no as they can have separate outfits for spring/summer fall/winter I just chose those
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon