Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer Good job, Haruo! That's a good way to oust the mayor.
    Ha ha, Narcissa got fried!
    Lol, sounds like heckling is a favorite pastime.
    That guy from Egypt looks mad.
    I could see the rich families doing that, especially Nick Alto.

@CravenLestat Lol, that could be the problem. I got it to work out finally.
    Charlotte looks amazing.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Yeah same here. I tried getting the kid as quick as possible but the stupid social worker took it. Luckily, I fixed all my problems for now.
    You could skip roommates if you wanted. They only have to stay through Sunset Valley then you don't have to have them. I think they get in the way too much.
    The other will get bit too, lol.
    Thanks for the comments.

@mikezumi I like when you can do two wishes at once, lol
    Ian merged with the bus I see.
    I think it's hilarious when sims cry over plants.
    Lol, maybe that woman has the insane trait.
    Great update.

Yeah she was, lol
    I thought the other hair was odd.
    No she doesn't. Maybe she needs a dishwasher.
    That's actually the first time I've used it.
    She is a cute dog.
    I love Tiberium and what's good is it isn't considered cheating in this challenge.
    I get love letter like you wouldn't believe, both genders of all ages. I need to get her a husband so maybe it will stop.
    Same here, even though they are mostly friendly in the game.
    She's doing pretty well. I hope things continue to go smooth.

Looks like they all had a good time playing tag.
    Jason and Josh are goofy, lol.
    I like the will-o'-wisps, I have to collect them all for the challenge but haven't got them all.

You're welcome.
    Wow, that's a nice sum of money.
    I can't wait until Brittany can fish, it's a fun skill.
    Thanks, it didn't need much work either.
    Daycare hasn't been too bad so far. It will get worse. :#
    I thought so too, hope I find one like it when I actually have to get one.

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.

@deadhaus123 Wow, that's a weird glitch.

@Silverofdreams30 I like it too, just can't wait to get it done though so I'm that much closer to the next town.

@meerkattime I know right? I wonder if the game changes their needs so the Sim has something to do.
    She sure is lucky. Most of my sims have to build up to that.
    Thank goodness. He did get stuck in the baby swing so I had to reset him at like 10 pm
    He didn't like Brittany much after that, although they stayed friends. Abraham is next.
    Thanks, luckily I saved shortly before so only had half a day to redo. I'm way past that point now.

@TadOlson Probably was, I had the internet up and a few other things.
    Great update!

@PalmArrow I know, her eyes look so weird as a werewolf.
    Yep, if Sylvester becomes an evil witch (seems so weird to call a male a witch) I'm going to laugh so hard. :D

***I'll have an Ultimate Sim update in a little while. Had an issue with Celeste so had to roll back to a previous save. I'll try to keep her close to the original timeline if I can.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks
  • Options
    HarryJacko10HarryJacko10 Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2018
    It's been forever since I was last here before, so sorry for that :mrgreen: I need to ask one question, I know it got to do nothing with this but, has anyone ever EXPERIENCE this issue in Sims 3 where they first load a world like EA world or CC world that is populated but no sims or families ever show up, they are not there in any of their homes? :disappointed:
    45175002624_2935fd76c6_b.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2018
    A makeover sim for those that wanna participate.This is a clothing,hair color,hairstyle and makeup makeover only.No tweaking.

Only request this sim if you are going to do a makeover and post it here on this thread.Write me will send her to you.

Taryn who hides under kitty face needs a fresh new look,can you help her.Meow :'(

3pgLFib.png

Going to get offline a bit but will check my messages send her later to those wanting to give her a new look

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    @PalmArrow Cute pic of Iris making a snowman. ...Cool that you caught a glimpse of the rainbow in winter. ...I like how kids can bake for the family too. A nice little extra. ...LOL at the colliding burglar and police cars! ...Erica's still life painting is looking great so far. ...Glad the couple looking for a new home found the house you made! ...Nice snow scenes, especially the one with the half-moon. ...Good idea to put the sculpting and inventing stations is a work room. ...Strange about the money. I have heard of money just appearing like that every now and then since Ambitions came out. I think it's happened to me a couple of times too.

@coco Those are really nice screenshots of Chandra. I like the cactus plants in the background and the outfits you chose for her. Love how the glasses match the dress. Pretty lady!

@meerkattime Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a little late to the party.
    bl_b_day07-5ae5c03008c37547e7b51a5d968b9e2b.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Tomorrow I will start the next part of the Sims story as planned :smile:

A couple of weeks ago I featured Dan meeting the creator following the story with Shelly

46450848_10155950149526497_2670416274432983040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=00cf0442526b8f3ecb3c845764e70876&oe=5C91C870

Now it is Shelly's turn

46492149_10155954903771497_518034675793395712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=9967f08882c979fe4dce72a6f6101264&oe=5CA9B163

Shelly is off

46492788_10155954903816497_974589355760812032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=34922ebc3c0f88f0e8e2b154bf893c92&oe=5CAE762B

What has the creator got to say?

48367258_10156005239911497_4820138326243672064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7868362c2496c0295b491e6cc15d22eb&oe=5CA6352F
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Ultimate Sim Update

Brandon here. Brittany asked me to narrate her story today as she is extremely busy with the tasks I've set before her. So lets check in with our Ultimate Sim contestant.

After a system crash, Brittany had a slight do over on her Leisure Day. She got this fancy new car for all the hard work I've made her do. I want her to live a life of luxury.
    Ja64qgZ.jpg

Brittany had an opportunity to talk to students at the school. She got 500 celebrity points for it.
    KvmZjO8.jpg

w3uMA6J.jpg
    jOnlb6i.jpg
    I had Brittany redo the eating contest after the crash. In the original, Mortimer Goth won. This time, the Frio's and River McIrish were the other competitors. And the winner is... Connor Frio!

Zjkb96V.jpg
    Uh, I don't think vomit comes out of the back of your head, Brittany.

qS4QR7w.jpg
    Afterwards, I made Brittany chat with the citizens and of course, she attracted most of the townsfolk she met. Kind of entertaining, seeing all these sims sending love letters. Any suggestions for her husband? I may have an idea of who I'll go after, not Jared though.

sZf4KGQ.jpg
    Look at all of the people here. Put these stands on this lot and it will always be busy. It helps when a celebrity is there as well, the townsfolk love Brittany.

y4yWqYA.jpg
    Now Brittany has to travel because there are things to buy. She bought all the fishing books, recipes, and some chests, among other things. She can't use most of the items yet but the chests are for storage.

IKt2WWB.jpg
    She spent the rest of the trip hunting. With the tent, life fruit, shower in a can, and the bathrooms on the store lot, she stayed here instead of the base camp. She also found all metals and most of the gems except Opal. She still needs some of the insects but she will get them. After the trip, she went home where I decided to stop for the night. I am working on sorting out her inventory into the chests before her weekend starts.

***Likes and comments to follow before too long. I was hoping to have a Celeste update but sending Bryce through the Simport caused a romance issue I needed to fix.
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox Go get her tiger I have confidence in your skills <3<3<3

@meerkattime :p I love the pic by the tent,but you are too shy to share it.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @TadOlson You play your way with aging and I'll play mine. No wonder you had issues with social workers in your game.

@msbeckycat I don't miss fleas from Pets!

@PalmArrow Those look like great cookies! I like the houseboat too!
    Nice area for her to work in and hopefully get those done.
    Gosh, how come my game doesn't randomly give my sims money! :tongue:

@HarryJacko10 I've never seen that particular issue. I've played all of the EA worlds and many cc worlds over my time.

@CravenLestat She's an adorable kitty cat lady.....do we have to make her over?

@Brandontaylor Bummer about the crash, but looks like things are back on track. Congrats to Conner on winning the contest. Jared is high maintenance with his attitude problems.
    Sunset Valley....my favorite dude....Christopher Steel! <3 He's a great Dad too.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @bekkasan After you get her she will be in your library make her over take pics then delete her and use the one in your library.She is really pretty by default just take off her costume makeup and BAMMMMMMMM cutie pie.Yes you gotta make her over :# But after that go ahead and use her as kitty girl.Of all people you are the biggest simmy dress upper I know who loves clothing and matching colors

Meerkattime Gave her a makeover made her a cute blonde in a wool hat had her posing by a tent outdoors

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Having an issue with the daycare saying I am working overtime on my day off. I'm going to play thru til Monday and see if the kids show up or not. If not, I'll just have to skip daycare or something. I promised I would like and comment so I will do that after I check out this issue.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey friends!
    I promise to get back to replies and comments soon. :kissing_heart: I'm just on a deadline with this story. ;)
    Remember, pictures can be misleading if you don't read it. :p;)

I want to thank @bekkasan for helping me come up with the proper ending for this chapter. <3

Hope you all enjoy! I'm so stinking excited to share this one! :mrgreen: The next chapter after this will be the last. :star:
    (Darn it's too long to share in one post... :unamused: I gotta break it up. )

An Aurora Skies Christmas Romance Tale

Chapter 6

Later that night, Miriam stirred in her sleep. She was having the most interesting dream. Somehow she found herself inside Jaron's warehouse home, snuggling with him...on his bed.

Jaron: Oh Miriam, I've wanted you ever since that first day you visited me.

31288231947_dd13ca6176_c.jpg

Miriam: Oh Mr. Hodge...I mean...Jaron! I...I don't know what to say. I mean, you've turned out to be a much nicer man than I could've ever imagined, but...you always seemed so...old to me.
    Jaron: Nonsense. Allow me to show you just how young I still am.
    Miriam: Ooh...

31288231657_c870f7851c_c.jpg

The moans in her sleep began to increase, especially as she felt Jaron's lips stroke hers and as he pressed his body harder against hers.

It felt so weird! So strange! But at the same time...pleasurable. She found herself willfully kissing him back.

31288231347_50fa123f00_c.jpg

The heat was rising, her brow perspiring, and she began to feel a great deal of ecstasy. Boots were kept on and everything!

46226980301_12ab4a2f3c_c.jpg

Then suddenly her greater subconscious snapped her awake as she bolted upward from her pillow, gasping for breath. Her heart pounded with pleasure and anxiety all at once. The dream had felt so real! It weirded her out for a bit, but soon she was able to bring herself back to reality and only hope she could erase the whole dream from her mind.

And even though she didn't find Jaron particularly attractive, she couldn't deny how much she was really becoming attracted to his change of heart.

The next morning she found it a bit...awkward when visiting with Jaron.

At least the weather was much nicer this time around so they could carry on another nice conversation outside as usual. If he had invited her inside again, she most likely would've declined.

Stupid dream! she thought with gritted teeth, but oh...WHAT a dream!

Early in the morning on December 21st, Jaron studied himself in the mirror a bit.

31288231017_5395460411_c.jpg

Hmm, he thought. I think it's time now to let these go...

Right at 10 o'clock was the time that Miriam usually arrived and Jaron greatly anticipated it.

He was really beginning to wonder how he was going to move on in this new chapter of his life without seeing her every day once Christmas came and went. The thought caused his heart to ache greatly. Would they stay friends? Would she want to keep seeing him, even if not every day? She'd become so special to him. He had a plan, but didn't want to scare her away while instituting it.

The tables had now turned, where it was he who had to tread lightly.

Outside, Miriam raised her head to the sky, eyes closed, longing for the light kiss of each and every snowflake upon her cheeks. She felt it necessary to thank God for this greatest of miracles. Never did she believe just how much Jaron would change through her small - it seemed to her - gesture of kindness.

32459626928_eb746b3ba1_c.jpg

Christmas Day was coming soon and she wondered...how things would be between her and Jaron afterward. She felt an ache in her heart at the thought of not coming to see him as often anymore.

Back inside Jaron's home, once that firm, yet gentle, knock on the door rang through his ears, he took in a deep breath and opened the door.

As Miriam's eyes met his she was quite taken aback.

"Uhh," she stammered, leaning in to take a peek inside the house. "I'm looking for Mr. Hodge...I mean...Jaron?" Who's this guy?
    Jaron chuckled for a moment and said, "Miriam...it's me."

31392634807_d7855a693e_c.jpg

Miriam's eyes bugged out, recognizing the voice, but in awe at the face. Was this REALLY Jaron Hodge!?
    "Oh wow!" she whispered, her feeble fingers dropping her gift into the snow.

45608329024_bc91998d33_c.jpg

"Oh gosh!" she instantly cried, picking it up from the ground and rapidly dusting it off. "I am SO sorry!" Oh my GOSH!
    Still chuckling while watching her, Jaron said, "It's alright," as he took the present. "Happy December 21st Miriam," he said for her.
    "Uh huh," she spoke, like a love-struck school girl. Pull yourself together Miriam...geez!
    "Forgive me for startling you," Jaron went on to say. "I just decided this morning that it was finally time to change my look of 12 years..."

Miriam's heart pounded from this brand new array of feelings suddenly encompassing her soul. "No," she assured, "you didn't startle me. I mean, you DID, but in a good way." She quickly brushed a lock of hair behind her ear.
    Jaron smiled.
    "But yeah, I mean, wow! No more dreadlocks and facial hair...you look like a completely different person!"

31392634557_a92039146d_c.jpg

"I feel like a completely different person."
    "Uh huh," she breathed, staring at his shockingly beautiful self again, almost drooling. No WAY this is the old 'Scrooge McHodge!' "So, uh," she started again, in a more composed tone, "what prompted this sudden change in your looks...and yourself?"
    "Well, I should think it'd be quite obvious," he smiled, lowering his head a bit to fully gaze into her eyes.
    Hearing that Miriam's cheeks grew a beat red. "Oh Mr., I mean, Jaron! Geez, that's gonna take some getting used to!"
    He laughed. "I understand. And you really don't have to say anything Miriam. I'm just...so grateful to you."
    His words and beautiful smile warmed her soul. "You're very welcome," she said, her heart still fluttering.

"You know what I feel like doing?" Jaron asked, changing the subject.
    Miriam studied him questionably. "What is that?" she asked, still fidgeting with her hair.
    "I feel like doing something...silly. Something one would almost call...childish." He winked.

45608328864_dafb600e78_c.jpg

"What?" she grinned. Wow, he really HAS changed!
    "You just wait right here while I grab my coat," he said, stepping back inside.
    "Should I go grab mine from the truck?" she curiously asked the doorway.
    "Nah...you don't need it." He let off a little snicker out of earshot.

Once he returned to the door, he lightly took Miriam's hand and led her to a wide opening in the front yard. "Were you ever any good at playing dodge ball?" he asked, stepping a few feet away from her.
    "Pfft!" Miriam expressed. "I was one of the PROS at dodge ball!"
    "Same here," Jaron smirked. "But how about dodging snowballs?"
    "The undefeated champ!" she smirked back.
    "You sure about that?"
    "Yes I'm sure! You're talking to the biggest lover of winter and everything about it in the world here!"
    "I guess I knew that," he said, squatting down to create a snowball.
    Miriam did the same and then positioned herself. "Bring it Hodge!"

45608328644_8e389cea4d_c.jpg

Jaron couldn't believe how much the giant grin on his face wouldn't fade. He'd never smiled this much since his family passed away. Nor had he bonded with anyone like this since then. More and more he found himself falling for this woman.

With every bit of strength he could muster, for he knew Miriam could take it, and feeling his competitive side take over, he chucked the baseball sized snowball straight toward her midsection.

Miriam dodged it effortlessly. "Too slow!" she teased.

32459626788_aa3327d1b5_c.jpg

"Now it's my turn!" Her snowball was even larger than his!

Ohhhh boy! Jaron thought, watching that ball come at him at sonic speed with no time to react.

45608328504_e8eacc5b94_c.jpg

SMACK!

"Holy cow!" he cried, gripping his stomach.
    Miriam snickered. "See! You're too slow! You gotta hustle it Hodge!"

32459626618_34b2c02145_c.jpg

Many more snowballs were thrown and each time Miriam dodged Jaron's, except for one time where he almost got her. Jaron dodged hers about 50 percent of the time.

"That's it woman!" he cried out, rushing towards her and lunging himself onto her.
    "Ah!" Miriam playfully cried as she fell and became impacted into the freezing, powdery snow.

For a moment the two wrestled with each other, trying to bury the other's face into the snow, but neither being successful. Joyous laughs and squeals filled the wintery air. And a victory cheer from Jaron as Miriam declared that she surrendered.

They continued to laugh as they both stood up and helped brush the snow off each other.

"Brr, my chest is freezing!" Miriam declared while rubbing at it, not really thinking about how that would appeal to Jaron.
    He raised an eyebrow to it. "Would you like my coat?" he offered.
    "Oh no thanks. I'll just grab mine from the truck." She stopped to catch her breath a bit before saying, "That was...really fun."
    "Yeah," he agreed. "More fun than I remember. I sure used to be better at dodging snowballs, but...I'm just getting too darn old!"
    "Yeah right! You SO aren't as old as everyone in town thought you were."
    "Oh really?" he teased.
    "Totally! My friends and I thought you had to have been at least 50!"
    "Whaaaaat?" he playfully cried, but thinking about how much of a grouch he was, and how most 'Scrooges' are old men, he couldn't blame them. "I guess I can understand that."

"Seriously though, how old are you?" Miriam frankly asked.
    "...Thirty-eight."
    Fifteen years older than me... "Wow," she said. "So yeah, you really aren't that old..."

For a moment the two shot little smiles at each other, while digging the tips of their boots into the snow.

Jaron wasn't sure if this would be appropriate yet, but he couldn't hold himself back any longer. Nor his feelings. He yearned so badly for her touch.
    He took her hands and humbly asked, "Would you like to go out and have lunch with me?"

32459626248_e8621b1d55_c.jpg

It took Miriam by surprise, but not in a bad way. "Sure," she replied with a blush. "I would like that."
    "It's been so long since I've been out to eat," Jaron admitted. "I hope the Diner will be fine for you?" It was the cheapest place.
    "Definitely! They have the best burgers around!" Then she gasped. "Ooh! I bet they're serving their signature egg nog! Ohhhh yes we HAVE to go! You gotta try it if you haven't!"
    He chuckled. "I haven't, so yeah let's go."

(See next post! :) )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Miriam hoped Ciro wouldn't mind her taking his truck to go out on a "date" - if that's what this really was- with Jaron Hodge. She wanted to text him and ask, but this was all just too much to explain over a text. He'll understand, she thought.

Upon arriving at the Diner, tons of people were hanging out by the entrance. No doubt to drink their delicious egg nog, Miriam thought. However, Jaron was trying to hide his face without showing how obviously he was. Miriam wasn't sure why...these people certainly wouldn't notice him now after such a drastic change in his appearance! However any more thoughts on that vanished quickly, as his gentlemanly gesture of opening the door for her impressed her.

46281391532_978ba38be8_c.jpg

Lunch was lovely. Miriam casually sipped on the famous egg nog, as she listened to Jaron tell her a little more about himself and his life before the tragedy. She even told him a bit about her younger days too.

It seemed interesting to the both of them how much they already felt like best friends, even though they'd only known each other for 21 days and...really hadn't engaged in much conversation for most of it.

Every now and then Jaron would find many people in the Diner take notice and stare at him. He was running out of ways to hide his face. His reaction to their stares made things a little uncomfortable for Miriam, but she tried to understand his point of view. He really had been a recluse for over a decade! And besides, she thought, they're probably just wondering who this mystery man is that I'm sitting with. She blushed. But despite her assumption, Jaron knew they were staring for reasons other than that. Unable to handle it any longer, he told Miriam, "Excuse me," and abruptly left the place just as they were about to order dessert.

It took Miriam a few minutes to find him, after first paying the bill which she didn't mind. He sat on the picnic bench off to the side of the Diner, staring into nothingness, while the giant falling snowflakes swayed all around him.

He heard Miriam's light footsteps crunching in the snow as she approached him. Somehow he didn't have to look to know that it was her.

"I'm sorry," he spoke, turning his head to the side a bit. "I guess I wasn't ready to make an appearance in public like I thought I was. I'll pay you back for the meal."
    "No...it's ok," Miriam assured, as she sat down on the other side of the table, respecting that he needed some breathing space. "You took a big step today," she felt the need to compliment, "and I'm proud of you!"

45608328044_c7cabe24de_c.jpg

After a bit of silence... "Was it because some people were staring at you?" she asked. "I don't condone staring, but in this case I really can't blame them! You look so different!" Handsomely different. "They were probably just wondering who this new guy in town is."
    "No," Jaron rebutted. "Most of the stares were from older folks. They had that look in their eyes like they'd seen me before, but just couldn't remember. Oh they've seen me Miriam," he sighed, "many, many years ago. That young man that abruptly vanished and now suddenly reappeared...as if nothing ever happened." He hung his head low in sorrow.

Miriam understood, especially thinking about how much pain that would bring back to him. She stood up and headed over to his side of the bench. "Come here," she beckoned to him, her arms outstretched. She didn't know of any other way to comfort him.

For a moment he stared at her inviting arms then gazed up at her with glistening eyes. She nodded in reassurance. Then in a matter of seconds he stood and entered into them, as she wrapped them gently around his back.

While holding him, Miriam said, "Look Jaron, don't worry about what the people in this town think anymore. To h*** with what they think!" That surprised Jaron a bit, but he loved how adamant she felt about it. "What matters now is you," she continued. "How do you want to make your life better? How do you want to mold your future into everything you ever wanted it to be? Let the past go...don't allow it or the thoughts of others affect your desire to begin anew like this. You're stronger than you think and you got this. I believe in you!"

46281391252_e939a2f07a_c.jpg

Jaron couldn't help holding her a little tighter while sniffing in the aroma of her hair. The only thing he could think to say in return was, "Thank you Miriam. Thank you for everything."

"Guuuurll! You should hear the words on the street!" Angelica happily expressed to Miriam that evening, in front of Pedro.
    "Here we go again," Pedro mumbled, resting his forehead into his hand.
    Miriam stared at them both with a puzzled look. "What word on the street?"
    Angelica playfully smacked her friend's shoulder. "Like you don't know!" she answered. "It's about YOU girl! And this mystery man you've been spotted with at the Diner today."
    Oh no, Miriam thought, eyes shut.
    "Apparently he is quite the hottie," she went on with a smirk. "A succulent sight for Chocolate lovers everywhere."
    Pedro rolled his eyes.

45475238894_3b7c37482d_c.jpg

"I guess your crush on 'Scrooge McHodge' rubbed off onto another, more attractive man, eh?" she asked Miriam with a wink. "Go on girlfriend, SPILL!"

Miriam hesitated, scratching at the back of her neck, trying to figure out how to say it. "It's not...another man," she nervously revealed. Angelica and Pedro stared at her intently. "It was Mr. Hodge...his first name is Jaron."
    The two friend's mouths dropped. "Get outta here!" Angelica cried. "He didn't look nothing like Mr. Hodge!"
    "Look?"
    "Yeah! One of my friends snapped a picture!" She instantly whipped out her phone and once she found the photo, held it out for Miriam to see.
    Pedro leaned in first though. "No way that's 'Scrooge McHodge!' He looks so...young...and normal!"
    "WHY are people snapping pictures!?" Miriam cried out, throwing her hands in the air. "It's none of their business! But seriously, you two," she reiterated, "that's Mr. Hodge! He cut his hair and shaved off his beard."
    "Dayum!" Angelica expressed, looking at the picture again. "He cleans up well! Mmm hmm!"
    "Wow," Pedro said, unable to believe it.
    "So, what are you like...dating him now?" Angelica asked, her eyebrows bouncing.
    "No," Miriam casually responded. "We just went out for lunch, that's all."
    "Mmm, hmm. You know girl, it's ok to admit you like him even more now with this new look."
    Miriam rolled her eyes and leaned into Angelica's ear whispering, "I'll talk to you more about this later." Angelica squealed, liking that idea.

In that moment, Ciro entered the house, returning from work. He put his coat away and greeted Angelica and Ciro, while saying to Miriam, "Hey, can I talk to you alone for a minute?"
    The two ladies shot each other some wide eyed glances as Miriam walked past and joined Ciro in the foyer.

"Is everything ok Ciro?" she asked him.
    Ciro seemed nervous, yet disturbed at the same time. "Look Miriam," he began, "I've accepted that you don't have any romantic feelings for me and I'm going to have to live with that." Miriam frowned. "But," he paused, "I just can't help asking you about this other guy..."
    So he heard too. Figures. "Ciro" she began, "it's not what you think. We were just having lunch together."

32332374268_3b16b62d20_c.jpg

Ignoring that, Ciro asked, "So, who is he? How did you guys meet?"
    Miriam opened her mouth to speak, but the words just wouldn't come out. She huffed a bit as she tried to find the courage to tell him the truth. She had a good feeling he wouldn't like it. "He's not new in town," she replied, "It's...Mr. Hodge."

Ciro didn't react the way she'd expected. He simply just stood there with a confused expression on his face, thinking. "How was it Mr. Hodge?" he asked. "People were saying he was some new guy."
    Does this town have to be so gossipy? "Well...he appears new because he cut his hair and shaved."
    "Ok...so," he struggled to say, "now he's turned into this new man and you're suddenly finding yourself attracted to him and are dating him?"
    "I didn't say that..."
    "You didn't have to!" Ciro snapped. "I mean, Mr. Hodge? Really Miriam!? Are you out of your mind? He's like what, TWICE your age?"

46153778202_7d94129624_c.jpg

"He is not TWICE my age!" she snapped back. "More like 15 years older, but that doesn't really matter when you get to be our age Ciro! And why is that your business anyway?"

46153777462_1f16647057_c.jpg

"Because I'm your friend! I worry about you!"
    "No, as a friend you're supposed to be supportive! Trust my judgment. But right now you're acting like my Dad!"

32332374728_0bdb3f70b7_c.jpg

Ciro dropped his head towards the ground, sulking. He really couldn't argue with that and he honestly didn't mean for the conversation to get so heated like this. His jealousy had gotten the better of him.
    "Miriam, I'm sorry," he sincerely said, clasping his hands together as if asking for forgiveness. Miriam gave him a nod of acceptance. She'd admit she allowed her frustration from all the gossip in town to affect her reaction to him as well.

46153776742_0661bb0f1e_c.jpg

"But I have to know," Ciro went on, "Did you blow me off for him?"

Upon hearing that, Miriam's face immediately fell. "No," she replied in a whisper, taking his hand. "Not at all Ciro. In fact, I hadn't developed any kind of feelings for him when I shared my honest feelings for you."
    He nodded, feeling a sense of relief. "So...you have feelings for him now?" he couldn't help asking.

There was a long pause, as Miriam lowered her head for a few seconds, biting at her bottom lip. When she looked up again she replied, "Yes."

Ciro nodded again, doing his best to accept her feelings and be that supportive friend he'd always strived to be. Next thing he knew he found Miriam wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so sorry Ciro," she said, "I never meant to hurt you...especially with this." She sniffed. "I care about you so much and I really am sorry that things can't be the way you want them to be with us."
    "It's okay," Ciro said, releasing her and looking into her eyes. "Really. I'll be ok. I just don't want to lose what we already have."
    "We won't. I promise you that."
    "I just...hope you know what you're doing when it comes to Mr. Hodge."
    She smiled, appreciating his concern. It was to be expected. "I do. He's really changed Ciro...it still blows my mind just how much he's changed!"
    "Well," he blushed, "You certainly have that kind of affect on people."
    Aww. Gripping both his hands now, she said, "You're sweet. Thank you Ciro."
    "You're welcome."

With everything feeling right again in the world, Miriam perked up with a bright grin and said, "Now c'mon! We're going to bake some Christmas treats tonight and eat them while watching 'A Snowflake Day Story' remember?"
    "I remember," Ciro said, slightly rolling his eyes. He never cared much for that movie. "But you guys go ahead," he politely declined. "Right now I just need...some time...alone."

Miriam met his gaze with one of understanding and said, "Okay." Her heart still ached, feeling terrible for revealing everything she had to him. But she'd rather be in an honest and sincere relationship, than a one sided one. She couldn't help thinking that this way was a less painful one for him, even though she wished she'd never caused him any pain at all.
    "We'll miss you," she concluded with.

Nodding, Ciro simply headed up the stairs for his bedroom.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

:blush:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi,

Been MIA for a few days wasn't feeling well.I promise I left likes and awesomes around and thank you all for the lovely feedback.
    So been trying to deal with the paparazzi in game.I like them following my sims around in public, but don't appreciate them coming to my house and using my stuff, riding my horses etc.Only way I know of is to put a gate up, but then my horses wouldn't have space.

@emorrill
    Nooooo!!! I was so routing for Ciro. I'm still not a huge fan of Mr.Hodge(and eek 15 yrs older.That's a big age gap.My bf is 9 yrs older than I am and it makes me feel super awkward lol.) My heart aches for Ciro.
    You are doing a beautiful job writing this story, and your characters are wonderful! really tugs on the old heart strings!
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options

@emorrill
    Nooooo!!! I was so routing for Ciro. I'm still not a huge fan of Mr.Hodge(and eek 15 yrs older.That's a big age gap.My bf is 9 yrs older than I am and it makes me feel super awkward lol.) My heart aches for Ciro.

Sorry. :p

9 years isn't bad. ;) 15...yeeeeeah is pushing it a little, but if something feels right, I guess it should be pursued. :blush:
    My heart hurts for Ciro too...because I've totally been in his situation before.... :disappointed:

Hope you're feeling better now. <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Awesome dream your gal has! And you got the feets! <3 I need to learn how to dream like that! :lol: I'm usually falling off a cliff or running through dark woods, not getting all snuggly with a hot dude. :wink:
    When he said it was time to let these go I was not thinking he was gonna chop his dreadlocks off and the beard. <3 WOW <3 Perhaps I will ask for him instead of the cowboy! He really does clean up nicely. :love:
    Miriam is so cute not recognizing him. Well, can understand that. He looks like a new man...and he kinda is a new man with her help bringing him out of his past and pain.
    I love seeing them playing in the snow. So nice that he feels like having some fun with her.
    Wow...invite to lunch. That is progress.
    Guess it was too much with so many folks staring at him and bringing back some of the old feelings.
    She gave him some great advice and he is accepting it and not going back in his shell. :smiley:
    Gosh, must live in a small town to have all that gossiping going on for a lunch date and someone took pictures! That's just too nosy!
    Ciro is not very happy! I feel for him, since he so recently told her his feelings. I know he means well and is still hurting. Glad she understood. He needs some time to process all that is going on and accept it was not meant to be for them.
  • Options
    48369729_212595696331357_1025692130779070464_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=513d4e619d0a1de7fa47f7ca80ec2007&oe=5C932AFF
    Seriously, who goes to the library like this in the dead of winter? XD This town is full of weirdos lol.

48331224_212595706331356_6649141542130810880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=1536b379bae51e284a74d9cbb5c6f88d&oe=5C93F290
    Little romance at the night club(Guy in the background always seems to follow these two around XD)

48381566_212595729664687_245775981640417280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3b793ab039593235cce1f9a0143df8f2&oe=5CA4BD25
    Winter morning.Its 2 degrees out.XD

48366757_212595766331350_8657732403114016768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=b84c3d18a5c1524f8252c4a82adff264&oe=5C919D77

48357860_212595796331347_6599241598473601024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=53b9941c874576e979944d5661fed7b7&oe=5C8FAA8D

• Options
    Question: Since when can we throw masquerade balls? :open_mouth:
    Ryan went to throw a party and an option was a masquerade ball?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

It came with University Life,The Parteus Maximus statue so you have the Limited Edition

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options

It came with University Life,The Parteus Maximus statue so you have the Limited Edition

I've had UL since it came out and never had that option before...odd wonder why its suddenly appearing.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello All - after a few days and early on it was somewhat traumatic - I have finally got my video of Oscar's Childhood Episode 11 loaded to YouTube.

Of course, it ended up being wildly too long so I cut it in half. Well, almost in half. YouTube says it runs for 24 minutes - I thought is was not a little less than 20 minutes. But it is packed full of activity and drama and fun. I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/eb-9ZH23hNo

We finally find out where Elouise came from and why she suddenly turned up 'out of the blue' to rescue Oscar.

We see Oscar at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and he gets to know Mike. They play a few games together before Elouise leaves with Mike and Snow (the big fluffy white dog). The end of the video sees the trio traveling to Lucky Palms.

The next episode is almost done and it will be more of Snow and Mike's story as they both feature in it. Actually, it's mostly about Mike as he returns to his parents and younger siblings.

Elouise is relatively out of the picture in this episode as she stays put in the small house she rented on arrival in Lucky Palms. I'll try to get it up in a day or two. Then I'll move on to the next episode of Caroline and Friends.

I'll probably take a significant break over the next two or three weeks. I won't have access to a computer but might be able to drop in occasionally with my phone. That will mean no new videos for a while.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2018
    Screenshot-656_zpsa0xedciw.jpg
    Finally moved in my sim to this sleek 3 bedroom villa.
    3 bedroom 5 bath and every amenity a sim could desire.
    Post edited by deadhaus123 on
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , I've said that before, but I love your idea of sims being teleported away to have conversations with the creator!

@Brandontaylor , Mirabella Square is always very busy in my Sunset Valley games, even when there's nothing to actually do there!

@emorrill , oh, I can totally understand Miriam feeling so flustered she dropped the present - first the dream, and then Jaron looking so much more attractive than before when she actually meets him!
    It's interesting how different people read the same story in a different way - Miriam falling in love with Ciro would probably be a good idea in real life, but it wouldn't satisfy me as the ending of a romance story. Enemies-to-lovers is so much more interesting to me than friends-to-lovers (I know, Miriam was never an enemy to Jaron, but she annoyed him nonetheless).
    Oh, and I find it very sweet that, in the dream, Miriam called Jaron "Mr Hodge" even though she was already in bed with him. :)

@Springfairy556 , I love the pictures of Lynn and Ryan riding on a winter morning! Lol at the guy reading in the library in his swimwear - or is it his underpants? Either way, interesting choice of outfit! :smiley:
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Karritz , I always enjoy seeing excerpts from your sims' lives in the boarding schools you build! I like the images of Oscar's burning home, too - very dramatic!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @Karritz , I always enjoy seeing excerpts from your sims' lives in the boarding schools you build! I like the images of Oscar's burning home, too - very dramatic!

Thank you @PalmArrow I had so many pictures of that burning house I had to use a few more. I think it's all done now though. I also wanted to explain where Elouise came from and that gave me the opportunity to show off the build in Moonfall Island.

I've almost done the next video on Mike as well. It's in Lucky Palms. I don't think Oscar will be in it as he stayed behind in Chocolate Cake Island.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top