Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @suzses WOW! Driftwood is the perfect name for this beautiful build! Front and back offer an attractive entrance. The layout is open and inviting; the combination of wood, brick and other materials creates a clean, casual vibe and the comfortable furnishings & their placement supports this plan. LOVE the colors and patterns!! Placing my order for a human sized one. Now. lol
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MiaSkywalker So sorry to hear about the migraines! I got them for years, but they stopped a few years ago, for which I'm so grateful. Hope you get some relief before Christmas. Don't know if you would have any problems using it, but Excedrin Extra Strength is like a miracle med for migraines (has aspirin/tylenol/caffeine). Don't get Excedrin Migraine - they just name it that to charge you more for exactly the same ingredients in the same amounts.

I'm glad your dad was able to come home for the holidays, and I hope he is doing better. I'm sure home is just where he wants to be.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    First, I love, love, love Driftwood! It is awesome. I love the soft wood, the place to to just relax and watch the beach out back, the compact little gardens, the layout, the office bedroom, the soft blues, and its location so close to the dog park and the beach!!! Franz has collected some nice gems, so it shouldn't be too long before they can move into this gem on the beach. Thank you ever so much. I hope I can share some pics of their living there soon. They did go check out the dog park and beach yesterday and had a lot of fun there. (It did take me several tries to place the park just right, though I got it centered left to right correctly right away. It was just a matter of sliding it closer to the beach. I could almost live with it a bit back because the cotton candy is so close in front of it that it looked like heavy traffic around that.)

Now, @Ziristha, you mentioned, with a drool, that you would love a Victorian manor. I love the challenge of building as small as possible, but I thought a 20x20 would work in whatever world you wanted to play and also allow you to place it on a larger lot and add whatever you might like for outdoor entertainment. I placed it on that road coming into and going out of Sunset Valley near the Crumplebottom home.

So, gift #3 for the third day of gifting is Faded Glory.
    roof_up_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272783

Pics in the upload.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Oh, my my, more beautiful goodies! Everything is so lovely everyone!
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree! Everyone is doing a great job! :)

@suzes I love the interior (the colors and patterns go together perfectly) and the exterior of the build! I especially love the tub outside!

@ciane Faded Glory is beautiful too! The interior and the soft colors are so lovely.
  • Options
    @ciane I'm so glad you got the park placement worked out OK. Once I realized it wasn't going to be that easy to place, I thought about scrapping it for something else, but by then I was getting to rather like it and also didn't want to drop the dog beach idea, and I really thought you had the skills to do it. I kind of laughed when you said it would be fun to do, because I could hear me using that phrase when I was being sarcastic. :D

I do love Faded Glory. The placement and shape of the porch/balcony worked out so well, and the interior rooms layout is great, too. Putting the little "seats" (I know you can't sit on them) under the windows between cupboards in the kitchen was a clever idea. The window treatments all worked out so nicely and go great with a Victorian build.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @ciane Faded Glory is fabulous! Such a spacious home sitting on that 20x20 lot. There's a garden, too?! Goodness ... you really know how to maximize each square. LOVE the colors and choice of furnishings. The angled entryway and tower serves as a nice focal point to welcome sims home.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @suzses those ice creams where originally a balloon decor than I remember those and switched out all the balloons lol. All the seasonal Festivals are laid out the same in the Sunset Valley festival I think the seasonal items might be a little off where they are in the others but it's in the same general area :) I'm glad you like the jet statue location, I have a similar space near me (IRL) that is just called Fort Meade and it's the grounds of military housing (I believe) and on certain special days like 4th of July the public can enter for the firework show they do and it's like a big festival :D . So when I read you were using the old military lot for your sunset valley park I thought I'd keep the jet statue as a center piece and thought of my own experience at a military festival and did my best to fill in the space :D

I'm glad you like what you see so far of the moonlight falls festival, I know that center park is very empty from my own playing of it so that lot was alot of fun as I got to be a bit whimsical with it, not sure what it is about moonlight falls but it just inspires me to be fanstaywhimsical with my build there. Like once I turned one of the beaches into a resort but made it look like a haunted house with the boarded windows and spider webs it was fun LOL.

your very welcome! I love making festival lots so when I read your letter and saw you wanted some I really wanted to create for you :D
  • Options
    @equuest
    As you know, your Buddy is experiencing some difficulties with their launcher and hopes to have it resolved soon. In the meantime, here is a while-you-wait gift.

Caren Charles and her Shiba Inu, Cookie, are ready to see what life has to offer. Both have a few skills and items in their inventory to help them begin their journey.
    CandCWords.jpg
    Download Link: Charles
    No store items were used.

Caren and Cookie move into a decent starter home at 174 Savannah Lane in Twinbrook. It has all the basics plus a little extra and is very affordable at less than $16,500. Lots of room to add on/renovate/landscape once the simoleons begin adding up.
    CP-Front.jpg
    Download Link: Charles Place
    No store items were used.

Pictures can be found here.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Ok, I'm here to comment on all the goodies, I haven't had an opportunity to install them yet (yes, I stole everything lol), but they all have been rec'd! <3
    I'm going to comment everything so excuse me if this turns out lenghty! :)

@suszes
    I really enjoyed reading Dana's backstory and how she found Franz, it was kinda bittersweet reading about her grandparent's passing but it seemed that they had fulfilling lives :)
    About the houses, the run down version seems quite interesting! glad you uploaded it as well. As for Just B eachy the color scheme is so lovely, personally I always have trouble mixing differents color/textures on the outside walls and that's why I almost never try it so I'm really digging this one! it does feel like summer :)
    Dog Days Beach seems like the perfect place for our sims to hang out with their dogs! I liked the color scheme (again! lol) and also the Front Beach as an add-on for those hot lifeguards :wink:
    Driftwood looks amazing! I don't even know what to say honestly, the patterns, the colors, the decor, the use of the trees wall decal, everything looks perfect!

@BreeMiles
    The Roberts family looks very interesting and nice! Buster looks so adorable in the picture <3. The Minlix Farmhouse looks so warm and cozy, really inviting, I liked the fact that's all ready for the holidays, the living room it's definitely my fav part <3

@cmbaker16
    Nix Estate it's awesomely done! It seems there's a lot of things to do, the landscaping it's so pretty and I really like the kitchen, it seems to have all the things needed for our sims to have delicious meals!
    Belle Nix is so interesting and pretty, the little unicorn foals have melted my heart!! :love:
    Junk-A-Lot looks like the quite handy junkyard, I always have problems finding places where to put the ones by EA, there's never a faraway lot where to put them, so I'm really going to give this one a lot of use :lol:
    Those two festival lots looks like so much fun! I don't know which one I like the most, but that's some hard work there, festivals aren't easy!

@equuest
    Wait! It never occurred to me have a farmhouse in Sunlit Tides! :scream: and Sunlight Farmhouse looks so perfect and lovely there! omg, I feel like a completely new world has been shown to me and I don't know why :lol: I also don't know what I like the most, if the pool and jacuzzi or the kitchen (I'm really weak when it comes to kitchens!) but overall I think your buddy won't mind having only one gift, quality over quantity I say! and this farmhouse is of really good quality :)

@ADWilson
    What a delighful surprise has been Pear Tree House! it looks so clean and spacious, I think I'm in love with the bathroom and I don't know if that's weird :lol: I think I'll use it a lot, I already can imagine a bachelor living there... one that enjoys the ladies company way too much :lol:
    And Charles Place looks like a perfect little starter! I'm sure Caren and Cookie are going to be comfy in there <3

@Bookworm742
    Enchanter's Cottage looks like a perfect fit for DV, I loved the pattern you used with the sofas in the living room, well in general I liked the living room :lol: I'm also digging the master bedroom, it looks so inviting and cozy :love: You did a really good job recreating/adapting the inspiration pic you found :)

@ciane
    Thank you so much! I love it!! I really love victorian houses but I never build them because the style intimidates me :lol: I'm so happy right now! I love the living room and the kitchen! (ofc I love the kitchen :lol) thank you for adding the tea table and the fire wood oven! I always want to use them but I always have trouble finding a place where to place them lol. The outside it's just as lovely as the inside, and I'm really grateful for that little garden, my sims are going to give it a lot of use for sure! :love:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited December 2018
    Dear @Bookworm742 in your letter you mentioned you liked to play legacy style and that you would like to have a families to populate your worlds to make them more interesting, so I made a small family for you :smile:
    Here's your Gift #2
    GMFcnFS.png
    Link to Download: Ashdown
    Here are a couple of in game pictures of them:
    rd3QH09.jpg
    X6VvLHu.jpg
    t7LjRb3.jpg
    jr0EZEz.jpg
    lx8r7eR.jpg

More details: Matthew is in the medical career and has 5 points in Logic and 4 in Handiness. His traits are as follow: Brooding, Genius, Perfectionist, Handy and Good.
    Julie is in the gardener career and has 5 points in Gardening and 4 in Cooking, and has a bunch of fruits in her inventory to help with the garden. Her traits are as follow: Social Butterfly, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Clumsy and Green Thumb.
    Lena has been potty trained but since I didn't know if you would like to play them and skill her yourself that's the only toddler skill she has maxed (but she has the bars for talking and walking halfway through :wink: ). Her traits are as follow: Good and Loves the Heat.
    They have enough money to buy the Goldioaks Cabin :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    @Ziristha The Ashdown family look like they'd be fun to play and are perfect for the Goldioaks Cabin! For some reason, the look on Lena's face makes me smile ... she looks like such a determined little girl.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @ciane Happy Saturday and Happy Holidays! It's been a really fun week for me and I've loved being your buddy.

Gift 4 - The Cliffside Bistro

Built for The Cliff in Sunlit Tides

In two versions, one decorated for the holidays and the other "normal":

46319395531_cb64f9f1ea_c.jpg

46319411591_d168429935_c.jpg

31380900557_949492aba0_c.jpg

46270095872_bf5e0d4710_c.jpg

Uses Business as Usual Bistro set, Teppanyaki Grill, food register, a LN bar upstairs, nectar racks in the kitchen.
    (Edited to add: Forgot there's a buffet table, too - but I'm sure it and most of this is obvious.)

MORE PICTURES HERE: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxuVnp6

DOWNLOADS:
    YEAR-ROUND VERSION: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272952
    HOLIDAY DECORATED VERSION: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272953

Hope you and your sims find this a fun place to celebrate :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @suzses *jaw drops* The Bestro is stunning! I love the inside decor all of the beachy stuff is making me long for things to come.

With all that happened my mother and father are working on sell their land here in WV and move us all (them plus me and my two kids still with me) to Florida (where my step-father has family at) and my longtime childhood friend who happens to live close and is a cop (funny thing is long ago he wanted to ask my out but my soon to be ex got to me first) so it will be interesting be so close to him. But, back on track the beach style diner makes me think of all things beachy! I love all of the woodwork and that you not only did one but two versions! EPIC I am working on waking up but will be rec'n and snaggin' soon.
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Ziristha Very cute family - I am going to snag and rec them they will make great additions to any town. I don't know why but when I look at him he reminds me of Reid off Criminal Minds. Am I the only one?

5eca0472ac1619246abecdd0a955bfe9.jpg
  • Options
    @Mystik1978 Thank you, dear. <3 I hope your move goes well and you find everything you want and need in Florida.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Ooh, some more nice things have popped up while I slept and was madly uploading, etc. I see some great new sims, that I must snag, and the cutest little starter.

@ADWilson That's a darling starter house with great curb appeal and a nice layout, too. Caren and Cookie are cuties.

@Ziristha The Ashdowns are a very attractive family, and I think I would enjoy playing them. It's just too bad Matthew is already taken. :p:o
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2018
    Aw, the last day of gifting and I see lots of great uploads!

@ADWilson - I have already rec'd and DL'd your great starter and family. I'll have to look around that starter a little closer, but I love that you got the art easel and guitar in it. It's a great shape and color and the layout looks as if it will play really well too! And, oh my, what a cute little pet. I'll enjoy watching all the antics in game.

@Ziristha - I think that is the cutest family I've ever seen. That little girl is priceless and I look forward to watching her grow up in my game. I love that he is a doctor and she is a gardener. And, I love his chiseled cheekbones.

@suzses - What can I say? I love that I was lucky enough to have you as my secret Santa, making such awesome presents for me (and the others). The bistro is great! I rarely redo the community lots other than to flatten the terrain and remove routing problems, so I will so enjoy this new version. I'm sure she will be headed there for a date soon. :D I love that you incorporated so much from the grill and bistro sets, as well as the greenhouse! My sims will love eating here and enjoying that indoor garden as well as your lovely decor. Thank you so much for all the lovely gifts. I truly do love them all so much and am enjoying playing with them.

And, now, @Ziristha - it's time for gift #4 on this final day of gifting. You mentioned that you'd like to play an asylum challenge. So, I've built an asylum that I was tempted to name asimlym, but I refrained. It's probably a bit outside your comfort zone, but I did that on purpose. I felt a modern build reflects more the disassociation we feel in this modern age and I wanted an institutional feel to a truly different building that seemed more juxtaposed than anything else, reflecting the confused psyches of its inhabitants. It's done as some would see things in only black or white or shades of gray, but instead of the calming blues, this home gets the discordant red that mirrors the discord found in the sims' lives. For skill items, I chose those that would invite interaction with other in-mates, or home residents (the preferred politically-correct term in current use), but I included the computer as it was an allowed extra and I thought it fit the building as the caretaker would have files to update (and would sit around playing games on it rather than watch over their charges). It also provides the option for a sim with a LTW to be a writer. Your sim might need to delete some item(s) in order to purchase things needed for other LTWs, so I leave you to decide what you might swap out.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272954

roof_up_original.jpg

As always, there are more pictures in the upload.

As with any of my gifts, please feel free to change it/them up however you like to make them into sometime you might like more.

I've enjoyed building for you and getting to know you a little bit through reading your comments here and seeing your work. I hope to see you sharing your work and positive comments around the forum more. I heartily invite you to join the builders forum and participate in the Build and Share monthly challenges. I think you might like that as well.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and yours!

Also, I THINK I removed all but the skill books from the bookcase to help improve your non-playable sims chances of gaining some skill points. ; }
  • Options
    @suzses Cliffside Bistro is filled with rustic charm! It's perfect for Sunlit Tides. Whether decked out for the holidays or wearing its everyday "attire", sims are sure to be delighted dining in such a relaxed atmosphere. The entryway with the fountain and foliage is a neat idea. Ooh ... you can view it from upstairs, too! Like how there's seating for the buffet table as well as ordering from the menu. The mixture of wood, foliage and durable fabrics makes one feels like there won't be an issue if sims come in straight from the beach and track a bit of sand in with them.
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @ADWilson I love love love the starter and the family that you made to go with it! Cookie is absolutely adorable, and Caren seems like an interesting character to play! I think that she'll be a start to a new legacy I would like to start since I haven't actually played the game in the long time. :) Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @ciane Crazy House has me contemplating playing an asylum challenge! The minimal furnishings amidst the grey, black and white palette with bits of red certainly evoke feelings of discordance with one's surroundings and yet you've managed it to look rather striking as well with the overall design. Once again you've managed to take a tiny lot and fill it with character from front to back.
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments regarding Pear Tree Terrace and Charles Place plus Caren & Cookie. :)

@equuest Your compliment made me smile really big! Here I was doubting the color choices thinking that I might have missed giving you something you'd like ... lol ... and it turns out to be just right. Enjoy playing again and feel free to share pictures because I'd love to see what Caren and Cookie get up to in your game.

My tester household (3 sims) had an adventure. One decided to make waffles in order to test the kitchen layout and surprise surprise, she caught the stove on fire! The fire alarm is blaring and the other two sims continue painting and working out for a bit before noticing. Not a problem as the "chef" extinguishes the fire and then continues cooking (the waffles were burnt and horrible quality, of course!). The fire alarm went off then briefly on again before shutting off completely. Fireman Matt Schtick arrives and expresses interest in both ladies while completely ignoring the male sim then sees that the fire is out and charges my sims 500 simoleons for reporting a false alarm. These sims!!!
  • Options
    Happy LAST day of gifting!
    This has been a fun gift exchange ... new Buddies ... new game goodies.

I'll be in and out today.
    Our niece has a dance recital and they live approx. an hour away from us.
    Will check in later and update the thread.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2018
    Everyone has done such a good job on the creations for their buddy. <3

@Ziristha, the cabin you built for bookworm742 looks so warm and cozy! I especially like the entryway by the stairs. It looks like you moo'd a few end tables together from the Hewnsman set, one of the very few things that I don't own because I always considered the furniture ugly. But I love what you've done here and makes me reconsider. . . I'm thinking of finally purchasing Roaring Heights after all these years and the points from the larger bundle coupled with the daily deals should allow me to complete the very few things I just never thought I needed, but sorta kinda want, right now. >:)

I absolutely love the Ashdown family. Gosh, they all look so, so good. I've moved them to my favorites.

@equuest, your farmhouse built for Breemiles looks lovely. My favorite part about it is that hot tub. It looks like paradise! I also really dig the kitchen. That off white color you got going on the cabinets is perfect! I certainly hope that you'll continue to build and upload for the sims 3. You're gifted!

@suzses, the story you've made for Ciane following Dana Michaels and Franz as they search for a new home and settle into the neighborhood is very nice . It's also nice that you provided a fixer upper version as well as a renovated one for Just Beachy. On the renovated one, you picked such nice and beachy colors on the outside and inside.

It's a cool and convenient idea to have the dog park and beach set right beside each other. We all really appreciate the instructions on how you placed the lots. o:)

Driftwood is absolutely stunning. Not one inch of it that I don't like. My favorite parts, however, is the kitchen with that awesome backsplash and the oven and also the living room particularly the set up you've got going around the television.

The Bistro looks amazing! I don't know what else to say!

I do however, have to give you a huge round of applause for how much you completed in what? A month? I don't know how you do it. Awesome job on everything.

@Bookworm742, you did a great job recreating that cottage for cmbaker16. I like the living and dining spaces, but more so the kitchen for it's simplistic and cozy design with those wood tones.

@ADWilson, it's so nice of you to create a while you wait gift for equuest. Caren Charles and Cookie are so cute photoed together and their home is so cute, too!

@Breemiles, the Roberts family made for Kesminlix looks like a really nice family. My favorite, though, has to be that doggie. Aww!

Oh! Wow! The farmhouse is adorable! I love the holiday decor throughout. The kitchen is so cute. I especially like how you made the cabinets white and reddish-brown. It looks so Christmasy! The child's bedroom is also super cute.

@cmbaker16, I love Nix estate created for suzses. The landscaping out front with the little trails and rock outline and the bikes lined up looks super cute. I kinda want to go in game to check out the fenced in garden space you've got going on. Lol. That part and the back looks soo good.

I've never played with a genie or unicorn, before. The Belle Nix household will come in handy!

I like Junk-a-lot (very clever ;) ). The items you put inside will be very useful!

Both your festival lots look super fun with lots of activities sims will enjoy.
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    edited December 2018
    Last, but certainly not least is my gift for my buddy @equuest ! This Christmas elf has been very busy this year and then at the last minute, your gift seemed to have dropped off Santa's sleigh! (*glares at launcher*) But I made like a sim and whacked that launcher with a hammer until it worked again! :D

But without further ado.. May I present *drumroll*..... The Trotter Lane Cafe!
    lDJ7RTo.jpg

When you mentioned that you really like using the items from the Bakery set, I knew that I just HAD to build you a bakery! This bakery was built in Moonlight Falls on the lot where the consignment store (Ambitions one) spawns (I believe it's a 20x30)... but honestly, it could fit in any world.

It's classified as a hangout with the intent that your sims would come here to grab something to eat as well as meet up with friends and neighbors. You mentioned that you love the small town vibe of some of the worlds, and honestly, I love that small town atmosphere as well. So I figured, I might as well add a venue that will only enhance that small town feel.

This lot includes:
    *Bike parking out front
    *A hitching post to tie up your horse
    *Outdoor activities such as horseshoes and a soccer ball
    *A dumpster for your rebel sims >:)
    *Pet bowl/bed for every faithful Fido (or your familiar)
    *Broom Parking inside
    *Two bakery registers
    *Snack Bar
    *A small kitchen so you don't have to bring your treats from home
    *Places to purchase baked goods (Bakery Racks)
    *Upstairs lounge that includes a table tennis court, computer, and toys for the kiddos
    *Restrooms located upstairs as well

Oh, and there is an actual queue built (for realism sake)! And now onto the pictures! I hope you enjoy it! ;)
    7qQwqsQ.jpgVp0tqiJ.jpgF6CcHZp.jpg57GGPLm.jpgWoHKuak.jpgErZMB0A.jpgTPhsq4S.jpgvkBOyv4.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top