Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims still aging to spite having aging off

I've got aging unchecked for both my sims and townies and both continue to age. Please fix this guru's I don't want my sims and townies aging yet. It doesn't matter if their played or unplayed sims their still aging to spite me having aging unchecked in all catagories.

This was happening before latest patch so it isn't patch related.

Comments

• VehritasVehritas Posts: 146 Member
    Yeah for me it's the other way around. I have aging on for townies, but they won't age. It's a tad annoying. I've accidentally granted them immortality by merely playing the game it seems.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I've got aging unchecked for both my sims and townies and both continue to age. Please fix this guru's I don't want my sims and townies aging yet. It doesn't matter if their played or unplayed sims their still aging to spite me having aging unchecked in all catagories.

This JUST started happening to me! I've been playing with aging off and I just checked my sims to see if they aged, and they have aged one day. I'm going to quit without saving and try to figure out what set this off...
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

I'm responding because you said "unchecked for both my sims and townies." You may just be using a figure of speech, but I wanted to be sure you realized that for your played Sims, there is a dropdown menu with three options: active household only, played sims only (housed sims you've never played), or ageing off (for all played sims). Then there is also the box to check for whether you want ageing on or off for your unplayed sims (includes townies and any housed sims that you've never played).
  • MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    that's odd it's working fine for me...what kind of bugs are these? lol seem's everyone seem's to have something different in game goodness
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Cat, I had the same problem. And yes, I was aware of the drop down menu. They now have 52 days left. I think this happens anytime I switched families, and or moved them to the other towns. If I do that, some of them have aged when I rotate. They should have 80 days left.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    I had a weird aging incident also. I have the game set for non-aging townies, but my household would age (as expected). Then I switched households and started playing two sims I created at the same time so they were the same age when I put them in the game (young adults). Within a couple of sim days the female sim aged up to adult with absolutely no warning. Very.....odd.
  • KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    "To spite"? Or despite? >.>
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Turning aging off doesn't stop the Sim days from progressing, does it? I though they still did but just the aging up wouldn't happen. Or am I misunderstanding? (I don't have it off in my game.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    My aging is off, the days still count down until their birthday but they don't age up, not unless you make a cake and have them age up or turn aging on again.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    They age fast to. Cassandra Goth was a teen when I switched households then switching back she's a young adult.
  • VehritasVehritas Posts: 146 Member
    Turning aging off doesn't stop the Sim days from progressing, does it? I though they still did but just the aging up wouldn't happen. Or am I misunderstanding? (I don't have it off in my game.)
    No, you're right. They can still go on with their lives and live day by day, they could just exist in whatever life stage they are for however many days you want unless you turn aging on again.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Yea they do, short is too short normal is ok long is too long, I hope they make it more like the Sims 3 were you can choose from more options.
    I went back to an earlier save when my sims both had 20 days remaining (what they've had all along). That save game was made while the husband was at work and the wife at home. Then at midnight the husband had 20 and the wife had 19?! So I went to an even earlier save (where they were both home) and am trying again. I think it has to do with switching households/managing worlds. This bug just happened in my game and I have plenty of earlier saves to check and test with, so hopefully I have fixed it by going back to the point before I managed the world at all.

Of course the days of the week will pass by whether your sims are set to age or not, but the time remaining till they age up shouldn't change. I have aging off for both Played Sims and Unplayed, and as a result, the lifespan setting is greyed out. I don't know what'll happen if the bugged aging persists while my game has nothing set as the lifespan?! Clearly this is a B.U.G. in the true sense of the world, and has nothing to do with the OP making the grammatical mistake of "to spite" when he clearly meant "despite"
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My newly created Sim is a young adult and as soon as put them on a lot I checked their age - 20 days until aging up. Hope it is till the same when I go back.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    A wizened, old Mortimer Goth trudged by my house the other day (he has not aged well). I have aging turned off for my Sims (but not the townies)... but weirdly my sims' (very few) friends haven't age, either.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I have my game set at long on the ageing but I have all ageing turned off and my sim days count down never changes it still says 80 days that bar never moves when I have all ageing set to off
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
    I have my game set at long on the ageing but I have all ageing turned off and my sim days count down never changes it still says 80 days that bar never moves when I have all ageing set to off

That's how it was in my game too--until today! Now they are aging every night at midnight with aging off. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!

I am forced to play something else until this is fixed.

OriginID Starwing6

Bumping this.

SimGuruGrant acknowledged that there's a bug with aging now http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12791823/#Comment_12791823

That was for people who can't age up their babies--but he didn't address the matter of not being able to prevent aging for the other sims. I didn't even check on the household that has a baby, to see if they could age it (I didn't want any sim to age yet) but clearly Grant's mistaken about the second half of his advice there, about turning aging off after aging up the baby. That isn't going to work anymore.

I'm really upset about this because I can't play until it's fixed.
    OriginID Starwing6

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Errrr, why you can't play? You can. Just...
    If you don't want to risk the current game, make it as a separate save (Save as option), start and play a new world with new sims till it's patched.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    If you don't want to risk the current game, make it as a separate save (Save as option), start and play a new world with new sims till it's patched.

Yeah, I'll have to make a new game that is okay for the sims to age, but I hadn't planned on something like that and I was really into what I was doing with the game. I was having fun and now everything I was working on is lost because they cannot manage to keep a feature like aging functioning a couple weeks after the game hits the market????

Now I fear it's Sims 3 all over again. Never get attached to a sim, it's going to break... :'(

This is plumming ridiculous EA plumness.
    OriginID Starwing6

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

Yeah, I'll have to make a new game that is okay for the sims to age, but I hadn't planned on something like that and I was really into what I was doing with the game. I was having fun and now everything I was working on is lost because they cannot manage to keep a feature like aging functioning a couple weeks after the game hits the market????

Now I fear it's Sims 3 all over again. Never get attached to a sim, it's going to break... :'(

This is plumming ridiculous EA plumness.

From the moment "aging" was mentioned when sims 4 was a twinkling in a gurus eye I feared they wouldn't get it right, (grumble!!!). I don't want my sims to age either.

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    Bumping this.

SimGuruGrant acknowledged that there's a bug with aging now http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12791823/#Comment_12791823

That was for people who can't age up their babies--but he didn't address the matter of not being able to prevent aging for the other sims. I didn't even check on the household that has a baby, to see if they could age it (I didn't want any sim to age yet) but clearly Grant's mistaken about the second half of his advice there, about turning aging off after aging up the baby. That isn't going to work anymore.

I'm really upset about this because I can't play until it's fixed.

He's since responded saying they're on the sims aging in spite of aging off too.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I had aging turned off and it's started glitching again. This just happened the other day.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • LightningbliztLightningblizt Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes, I have this problem too. I have it so they won't age up, but there is still aging progress in the bar in Simology. Repairing the game doesn't do anything either.
  • LightningbliztLightningblizt Posts: 10 New Member
    I also have a bunch of households that I cannot play because I do not want them to age up...I'm just scared they will.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top