Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some actor gigs are rabbitholes?!

My actor just passed the audition for "zombie apocalypse" audition and I was expecting the next day to go perform but I was shocked he went like rabbitholes auditions you do before going to perform acting gigs..then completed it..

Is this a bug or this audition is the only one like this? Actor career supposed to be active career as advertised and they said they mainly focused on actor career and the studio (in replying to why the world is small) but if some gigs, best gigs are rabbitholes, this is a LET DOWN

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    If you choose to not follow the actor to work, then they rabbit-hole, similar to the Get to Work jobs.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally click the button to not follow?
    If you were already clicking something, and it happened to be in just the right spot, right when the prompt comes up asking, you could have accidentally chose to not go along with your actor.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    The actor career IS an active. The 'audition' part is this way by design. As your sim may or may not pass it if they don't have the required skill as they're only gone for an hour or two?
    None of the gigs are rabbit holes just the auditions which is basically seeing if your sim will make it or break it if you had the skills required for it before going to the actual gig.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    If you choose to not follow the actor to work, then they rabbit-hole, similar to the Get to Work jobs.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally click the button to not follow?
    If you were already clicking something, and it happened to be in just the right spot, right when the prompt comes up asking, you could have accidentally chose to not go along with your actor.

The option to "join" or "go alone" didnt even appear, he just went..like rabbithole audition, I was clicking on the time speeder before the audition but I dont remember the option appeared to go with him..
    And this usually never happens (usually the box come up asking to go with him or go alone and time stop til you choose something and you have to choose you cant click "outside" accidentally the box wont disappear til you choose one of the two options)
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I don't think the game has ever asked me to follow the Sim to an audition. They just go. If they get the part, then I can follow them to the actual filming. They can eventually skip auditions and just get roles automatically with one of the perks when they're a big enough celebrity. I think it's called recognized name, and it's for three stars or higher.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    All the auditions are rabbit holes. If you land the actual gig it is an active work performance!
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Am I the only person who never gets to do the zombie apocalypse movie? So sad!!! My actor Sim is level 10 global superstar and has done all the other movie sets - the pirate, the tea and treachery, the castle tournament of honor, the cowboy/alien, the superhero spaceship, etc.... multiple times each. but I've never gotten the choice to do the apocalypse! Anyone know why that may be? Do I need to complete certain commercials or other genre type gigs first?
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    zensluv wrote: »
    Am I the only person who never gets to do the zombie apocalypse movie? So sad!!! My actor Sim is level 10 global superstar and has done all the other movie sets - the pirate, the tea and treachery, the castle tournament of honor, the cowboy/alien, the superhero spaceship, etc.... multiple times each. but I've never gotten the choice to do the apocalypse! Anyone know why that may be? Do I need to complete certain commercials or other genre type gigs first?

@zensluv
    This is excatly what I was talking about, I think this movie gig is sadly a rabbithole, whenever I pick it and passed the audition, next day when it's the gig time he goes to a rabbithole as if it's an audition..