Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it so Expensive?

AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims FreePlay
Hi, I have just recently started playing Sims Freeplay and I enjoy it however it seems as though the prices of objects in this game are unobtainable. I ran out of time for the Need for Steed quest because it required $100,000 simoleons to build the stables. After 5 days of gardening and sending my sims to work, I still only have $85,000. Now I have the option to unlock these two new destinations, however they are $2,000,000 each.
How are these prices considered reasonable? I love this game but this is very off putting and being a college student I do not have the resources to pay for currency.
May I have some tips on how to raise enough money and fast? I believe that EA should reconsider the jumps of their prices in this game. The last time I was required to build something it was $25,000 and now it is $100,00?! And it does not help that when you sell something you get 25% of what it was initially worth.
Please let me know what you think.
https://imgur.com/gallery/i7Y01rW

Comments

• Guinevere530Guinevere530 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi..understand your frustration. I’ve been playing for about 2 years and still have a few things to build. But here’s my best advice. Have as many Sims as you can at your level and keep the Sims working everyday. In the beginning try to avoid the professions where you have to follow them to work (police, movies studio and hospital). I think the highest paid professional is the athlete. Send them off to work and let them collect.(continue)
  • Guinevere530Guinevere530 Posts: 7 New Member
    Second best thing to do is follow one if the blog sites where they lay out all the steps of a quest/event. And save up before you start. I follow The Girl Who Games. Her posts are very clear. Store up life points by creating a work house. I have 10 sims cooking grilled cheese at all,times for the LPs. Also save your free daily seed spins for the crafting events, it’s a good way to get the constructor coins you will need. It goes slow at first but as you grow the town your income will go up, and it starts to add up. I rarely put real money into the game, unless there is something very special to buy. FYI-Freeplay is cheap compared to Mobile and a lot more ways to earn income. Hope some of that helps!
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    If you have space for extra sims, make some "filler" sims. You can just use them to work and do quests when they pop up. Whenever you're away from the game for a few hours, make your sims go to work.
  • hellokaliiihellokaliii Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone help me please!!! Has anyone bought the $9.99 winter fest bundle? I was wondering if the “presents oh’ plenty” that came in it was worth it and how many candy canes does it make vs the free winter fest gifts that makes candy canes
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    It is possible to
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    Hi, I have just recently started playing Sims Freeplay and I enjoy it however it seems as though the prices of objects in this game are unobtainable. I ran out of time for the Need for Steed quest because it required $100,000 simoleons to build the stables. After 5 days of gardening and sending my sims to work, I still only have $85,000. Now I have the option to unlock these two new destinations, however they are $2,000,000 each.
    How are these prices considered reasonable? I love this game but this is very off putting and being a college student I do not have the resources to pay for currency.
    May I have some tips on how to raise enough money and fast? I believe that EA should reconsider the jumps of their prices in this game. The last time I was required to build something it was $25,000 and now it is $100,00?! And it does not help that when you sell something you get 25% of what it was initially worth.
    Please let me know what you think.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/i7Y01rW

@AgentJulia, Sims Freeplay was released on December 15, 2011. Exactly 7 years ago. I've been playing consistently since it was released and there are still some quests, challenges, buildings, etc that I've not completed because it takes time to earn simoleans, life points, and neighborhood points. :)

You can check here for tips on earning money.

https://thegirlwhogames.blog/2014/01/01/the-sims-freeplay-beginners-guide/

https://thegirlwhogames.blog/sims-freeplay/

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    edited December 2018
    The sims freeplay has gone south.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Hey its better than Sims Mobile
  • King000King000 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hack this game its too much easy now i have unlimited everything
  • Sonstar73Sonstar73 Posts: 17 Member
    Ridiculously expensive and we have to wait so long for them to do things
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    My tip for the newcomers is that before they start to complete quests, earn as much simoleons as possible (at least 100 000$). Most of quests require some money to spend. If you want to complete them on time to get reward, you’ll not have time to collect this cash. So before you start the quest, be sure you have at least 100 000$.