March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All About Style TS2 Gone?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 2
Does anyone know if the site is coming back? I saw on MTS for TS3 someone is gathering all the clothes etc. for TS3 from AAS since the site is gone? while I was just searching for the TS2 AAS site for my themed Sims. My link no longer works. :/:'( Does anyone know if it's being moved or put on the Wayback site?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2018
    This is what she wrote briefly on her site before it went down -
    This is the last update for awhile as I am dealing with Carpal Tunnel
    and cannot do this kind of work for now...Judie

I assume she let the site lapse because of this, but no one knows if she is coming back or not.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Oh, that is so sad. I hope she heals even if she doesn't open it back up. I had many lovely things from there. :(
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited September 2018
    Ya it is gone. Very sad to see another good site go. Someone does have a back-up of at least some (maybe all??) of the files from there.

http://simfileshare.net/folder/39557/

On MTS they are compiling a list of stuff people have backed up from now dead sites. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617450 So if you were looking for anything else, someone might have it. Note the thread just started, so it is a short list so far.
    Post edited by JULES1111 on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks every one. That's rough, I have that myself. I hope she can get some surgery to fix it. Hate to see her site close. I had a lot of her stuff but forgot to grab some kid's clothes for different time periods. Thank you all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I have recovered all of AAS in TS2, TS3, and TS4. I have included meshes where needed, and the only files not uploaded are ones that were removed by AAS because they didn't work. My TS2 shared folder also includes other websites. One of the main differences is that my folders also either link to active sites for meshes or include meshes by inactive creators. It is a work in progress, but I wanted it to be less frustrating as far as external meshes were concerned. It is no fun to download something and discover you need a mesh you will never find.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/39543/ TS2

If you need other links, let me know. I have been trying to let as many forums know I have recovered the sites/meshes. Some download folders are a work in progress as I try to organize them.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    chicvibe wrote: »
    I have recovered all of AAS in TS2, TS3, and TS4. I have included meshes where needed, and the only files not uploaded are ones that were removed by AAS because they didn't work. My TS2 shared folder also includes other websites. One of the main differences is that my folders also either link to active sites for meshes or include meshes by inactive creators. It is a work in progress, but I wanted it to be less frustrating as far as external meshes were concerned. It is no fun to download something and discover you need a mesh you will never find.

If you need other links, let me know. I have been trying to let as many forums know I have recovered the sites/meshes. Some download folders are a work in progress as I try to organize them.

Thank you!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    chicvibe wrote: »

This is awesome thank you for taking the time to do that!