Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breed Out The Weird/Ugly: The Belles *COMPLETED*

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Oh my, haha that'll be interesting! Hopefully it'll be ok, I'm hoping the two of them won't be too stressful!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    MissSassy wrote: »
    MissSassy wrote: »
    @MissSassy I’m glad you liked the new chapters! There was so much going on I posted them in quick succession. Haha why are your comments about Katharine’s appearance so accurate? You are right, the dimples are bigger than her mouth :D (I will never be able to unsee that now) and the duck face is NOT a good look on her.

June is pregnant right now and I have all my fingers crossed their nuboo doesn’t inherit the tiny mouth from Katharine...

Well, I'm good at judging others lol (nothing to be proud of tho...)

a DUCK FACE is NEVER a good look. NEVER EVER :D

Aw, I hope it'll be a boy this time :) And a pretty one, too. But then the challenge would be over, right? :'(
    @Miss Sassy
    June just gave birth
    Not only was it not A boy...
    It was TWO girls!!!
    Oh my days...

Haha that’s bad. Or is it? 🤔
    @MissSassy I was hoping for a boy since I’ve not had a female heir since Donald, and Im not great with multiple kids, but Im willing to forgive them if they’re pretty!
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    The good thing about twins is you can choose the prettier one to be heir ^^ Maybe one of them has the small mouth and the other has a normal mouth? Unless they are clone-like twins (or identical twins to use proper wording).

I can totally get the "no-woohoo-with-cat-in-room" debacle xD I couldn't do that either xD

Oh, June is the one carrying the baby this time :) (meaning, not the heir but the spouse ^^) Was this planned or did the game/mod decide who turns out pregnant?

Duh, why don't they fix the weird face bug? It's been in the game for YEARS now! -.- It's so hard to get a nice picture of the pregnancy reveal for stories... HATE IT.

Oh, I just noticed my first comment doesn't make sense anymore. One part of me hopes Christin will be pretty (no weird mouth) but another part hopes she will have it so the story continues :p

I haven't had multiple births in any of my saves for a very long time, despite using MCCC. I love having more than one baby until they grow up to toddlers xD

Hm, maybe the all girls "problem" has a reason? Do your sims listens to the Pop radio station all the time? Because this can influence this. (trying to avoid the word "gender" because this might cause a discussion. The other biological word would be censored tho :# Just to make sure, I really tolerate all this. I'm just really bad at using the right words :sweat_smile: )

:love: LOOOOKIIIIII :love: I start to think we share a lot of interests without knowing it xD

@MissSassy
    Ahhh the thing is I feel as though the elder twin should be heir, given my first born is heir rule. I mean, technically Christin is the firstborn (although only by a few seconds!)

June carrying the baby/ies was intentional. With Melanie and JulietI has Juliet (the heir) be pregnant, so I thought I’d mix things up and let June be the pregnant one this time.

Yeah the upset face reaction to a pregnancy announcement is annoying. In this case it was kinda funny, but I’d rather a happy face at least sometimes!

I’ve been specifically keeping my pregnant sims away from anything which might influence whether they have a boy or a girl, so that means no pop music. It’s been an unofficial rule with this challenge for me that I’ll not try to influence that at all (usually in other games I just pick with mccc). So, I don’t know why they keep having girls! I don’t mind that much, it’s just that I like alternating male and female heirs.

Omg you like Loki too?!! I have an unhealthy obsession with him I mean I LOVE Loki!!! <3<3
  • Looks amazing so far can't wait to see what happens next!
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Love your blog, by the way! And yesssss Loki!
    @MissSassy
    Ahhh the thing is I feel as though the elder twin should be heir, given my first born is heir rule. I mean, technically Christin is the firstborn (although only by a few seconds!)

June carrying the baby/ies was intentional. With Melanie and JulietI has Juliet (the heir) be pregnant, so I thought I’d mix things up and let June be the pregnant one this time.

Yeah the upset face reaction to a pregnancy announcement is annoying. In this case it was kinda funny, but I’d rather a happy face at least sometimes!

I’ve been specifically keeping my pregnant sims away from anything which might influence whether they have a boy or a girl, so that means no pop music. It’s been an unofficial rule with this challenge for me that I’ll not try to influence that at all (usually in other games I just pick with mccc). So, I don’t know why they keep having girls! I don’t mind that much, it’s just that I like alternating male and female heirs.

Omg you like Loki too?!! I have an unhealthy obsession with him I mean I LOVE Loki!!! <3<3

Ah sorry! I read it on my phone when you posted this comment but then I thought it'd be better to use the computer and then I forgot ... ._.

Hm, yes, the first-born-rule does apply to multiples, too, if you look at it this way. But more kids at once would give you a tiny little chance at cheating ^^

It's interesting you can choose who should have the baby. I really should try this same-sex-pregnancy thing soon. Maybe I will stop asking silly quesitons then lol

This bug has been in game since it came out. Maybe it isn't even a bug but it is soooo annoying -.- They really should fix it. A family oriented sim wouldn't react with such a grimace when he/she hears about being a parent soon...

I recently noticed in my game that (I use custom music for my radio stations) I have played the pop channel all the time because I put my current playlist in there... I've changed it to the Barock channel now because just like you I don't want to influence the babies' sex, on purpose or off purpose.

YES! LOKI <3 I love the scene in the very first Thor movie where he cries at his father about being adopted. "Am I?" Could watch it all day :love:
    edited March 2019
    Hello everyone! I’m sorry it’s been so long without a post. University has really been getting on top of me lately and I’ve had a miserable few months. I haven’t really had the time/energy to play sims, but going forward I hope to be able to upload more.

Chapter 5.2 (Stranger Belles): https://simalongwithme.wordpress.com/2019/03/08/chapter-5-2-belles-in-strangerville/
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    I'm soooo happy you're back! And a new chapter :love:

The new pack is awesome and the possessed sims do look super creepy! I'm a little coward and could never play the game at night :D

The growing up bug (the toddler/baby thing) was on another thread, too. I guess it has either come with Strangerville or the latest patch. But it could be worse :)

Hm, Roxanne does look very pretty but Christin doesn't look like the "ugly" twin. She's just not as pretty as her sister who isn't heir. CLASSIC :D
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I was so glad to see that you'd posted again

I love the new pack so much. It's exactly my kind of pack to be honest.

I just snort-laughed in a very undignified way at that aging up thing... I never saw it when my latest baby grew up, but that was before I had StrangerVille so it may have come with that.

And the mouth continues with a vengeance :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @MaggieMarley Ooo, another chapter! I've been hoping for one soon, no worries though. Our offline lives need our attention! Anyway, I need to ask, is there any Strangerville spoilers in this chapter? I don't have the GP and I've been trying to avoid knowing the full mystery as much as possible until I possibly win a code or perhaps buy it sometime in the far, far, future. *crosses fingers*

Sounds like from the comments it's a great chapter! Hope I can read it! Have a great day/night, whatever it may be where you are. :)
    @MissSassy awww I’m so happy you’re happy I’m back! It’s so nice to see friendly faces around here <3 I’m loving Strangerville too, although I haven’t explored much of it yet. I hadn’t seen the aging up bug before yesterday so it shocked me a bit! Really funny though.

@afai1261 I was so glad to see you reply! I’m really happy you’re still here <3 ugh the mouth... The mouth! Will it ever go away?

@Karababy52 ooohhh that’s hard to say. The latest chapter is mostly Katharine starting the Strangerville mystery aspiration. I can’t say that she’s gotten very far but it might count as spoilers. I’m not sure what you’d count as spoilers/what you already know about the pack and I’m not sure how to ask if what I’ve written would spoil the pack for you without telling you what Strangerville related stuff happened in that chapter (which you might find spoilery). The next few chapters will probably be mostly Katharine trying to solve the Strangerville mystery so I expect will contain spoilers. Regarding the last chapter, if you want you could just skip to the end of the chapter and look at the pictures of Christin and Roxana after they aged up to toddlers (that way you’d avoid all potential spoilers). I totally understand you not wanting to spoil the mystery for yourself in advance - I’m the same!
    Thank you for letting me know @MaggieMarley! I think I'll wait a couple days until I read it because... *drum roll* Hubby got his bonus today and he said I could get the pack! \o/ YAY! I won't be getting it until later tonight though after we get back from going out to dinner. Plus, I don't know how long it'll take me to solve the mystery. I'm so excited! Gah! :)

Happy Simming Y'all and have a great weekend, I know I will! <3
    @Karababy52 oohhh that’s great! Have fun with the pack - I’ve loved it so far :) I expect you’ll solve the mystery long before I do! Hope you have a great weekend too :D
    @MaggieMarley Thanks I am enjoying it tremendously! The Sim in my avy, Ridge Everest, is tackling the mystery, he's also in the military. He's a Warrant Officer now and we're down to the last part of the story. I won't spoil what that is if you don't know yet. :)

Anyway, I've been immersed in solving the mystery but finally took some time out to read your previous chapter and the most recent. The twins are just adorable in my opinion, both of them! I know what you mean about neglecting others to solve the mystery, I'm following along with my favorite YTer, James Turner aka TheSimSupply and he's been much worse about it than you. lol

So, that's why I decided to just send one Sim to Strangerville. When I do it again, I might send a couple, or perhaps I'll have Ridge look around for a partner after he's become the Hero of Strangerville.

I'm looking forward to your next chapter to see how you go about going through the steps with Katharine. It seems everyone has a different approach. I like that. There's many ways to go about it and that makes me happy. Some were worried about replay value, I personally don't see that as a problem at all.

Happy Simming! <3
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Glad to see this is back! Katharine has an interesting possessed face, it's different than the others that you usually see!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • jemeli_gracejemeli_grace Posts: 8 New Member
    Love the story @MaggieMarley!! I do have to admit that I have been binge reading... What else to do when your stuck at home sick and would rather not work on assignments, I mean apart from play sims😂
    Taking care of toddlers is so hard! Mine are barely in the green...

When I played Strangerville I thought my sim died, too. I can tell you what is still waiting for you there is AWESOME :D But the possessed sims are a bit too creepy :sweat_smile:
    @Karababy52 I’m impressed that you’ve managed to have Ridge make progress in his career as well as solving the mystery! I’ve been neglecting Katharine’s promotion task/s, so she’s still level 1 or 2 military. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has ended up ignoring their other sims with this pack :D they’ll get attention again... When the mystery is solved! And the twins are cute - almost makes me feel guilty for neglecting the, ;)

@SeaDragonSong hello again! Katharine has a slightly “interesting” face anyway so seeing her possessed was something :D

@jemeli_grace aww I’m flattered, thank you! Also I hope you get well soon <3

@MissSassy I can’t wait to see what’s coming in this mystery! It’s been so much fun so far and I hope they do other RPG-style (is that the right term?) packs in future.
    @MaggieMarley Thanks, it hasn't been easy though. When I started this save file, it was a Saturday, so he didn't have work until Mon. That helped since he was able to work on the mystery all weekend. After that I'd have him do his daily task as soon as he got home and then work on the mystery until he was tired. A couple days he just worked from home, and he used his PTO days for the mystery and working on promotion skills, which helped too. But mostly he took it kind of slow and did a lot of the leg work on the weekends.

What's in the spoiler is just a little more about Ridge's experience. It's kind of long, so I didn't want to derail your thread if y'all don't want to read it that's cool. That's the only reason for it, no GP spoilers!
    It took him 3 weeks to solve the mystery and three tries for Ridge and his team to defeat the source of the infection. Mostly because I went in totally blind having avoided any spoilers so I had to figure out how to beat it on my own. Plus, I don't play any other video games, so have no experience with this kind of strategic style of play. I'd elaborate what I mean but it would be spoilers and you'll find out soon enough anyway. ;)

I know it's what they get for Level 7 of the Military career, so it was just a coincidence, but I loved how when he went to work the following Mon., he was promoted to Courageous Captain and received a Medal for Supreme Bravery. Made me smile! :)

The Level 7 daily task is extremely hard to fulfill, Give Orders, so Ridge is skipping doing those which will make the next promotion take longer, but that's okay. He's back to his first love, writing books, so he has that to do after work now. I have some ideas for his future that I'm excited to implement too. Like I said before, perhaps a love interest or maybe since he's still paranoid could go off the deep end and... well, do something unexpected. lol

Anyway, I can certainly understand how and why it's taking Katharine more time to progress, she has a family, Ridge doesn't, yet. She'll get there and once she does, Wow, look out Lady! o.O Can't wait to read more! I agree with what everyone else has said about her possessed face too. It's the most interesting one I've ever seen. Which is understandable really. I don't know of anyone else trying to solve the mystery with a BOTU Sim.

Hmm, maybe I should have Winnie try to solve the mystery and accidentally get infected. Not sure I'd want to see HER face like that though. o.O lol Eeek!