Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help Getting Saved Sims To Appear In CAS/Game!

pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
I have some old Sims 2 Sims that I had saved from when I had The Sims 2 on another PC, back when I had a computer that I could use the CD's of the game on, and after I had first got the free download of the game from Origin, at the start of the year, I had used them in my game!

But my desktop went out on me, so I had to switch to playing everything on my laptop, so a few months ago I put my old Sims saves in the game, as I had before, but, they don't seem to want to show up now!

And even when I downloaded some from Mod The Sims, I still couldn't get them to show up in the game!

Is there something I am doing wrong? I place them in my download folder in The Sims 2, in the same place I put everything else, clothes, skin, hair, makeup and all buy and build mode stuff, which all show up, but the sims don't!

I really want to be able to use my old Sims again and use the ones that people are still making on Mod The Sims and elsewhere!
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    There should be a folder called SavedSims, if not create one, this is where you would place the files for the sims you want to save to CAS. All their CC would go into the Downloads folder.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Do what LaBlue0314 said. However, some Sims you download isn't the actual Sim but the custom content, (you may not receive a face preset with all of them) and you would have to use the hair and mask or skin to build that Sim yourself. It depends on how the creator uploaded them to MTS.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited December 2018
    I put them in the SavedSims folder, but they still didn't show up! And my old ones have no added stuff for me to put in the download folder, but I didn't see that with any of the new Sims I downloaded from Mod The Sims, just Sims themselves, which is just this thing that looks like a page or something like that!

When I put them in the first time I guess I must have put them in SavedSims, but when I did and it worked, all the stuff that came with them came as well! Because they all looked as they should!

I guess I will never be able to get Sims to work in it again!

Also I love your quotes below, Cinebar!

And thanks to both of you for trying to help!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
    Thank you. Sure you can get it to work if you understand Saved Sims file. O.K. when you create a Sim in Bodyshop those are your saved Sims. They may be wearing any custom content you have on them and that cc is in your Downloads folder. O.K. if you delete that cc or don't have that particular Downloads folder containing your CC they were wearing they may appear in CAS but without the CC. But they themselves are saved into the Saved Sims folder. Follow me so far? Alright, if you create any cc or recolors in Bodyshop those are saved into your Saved Sims folder. That's why if you put back in your old Saved Sims folder (and it contains your own cc or recolors) those Sims will show up in CAS but not if you had CC on them that you downloaded from some other creator and it is no longer in your Downloads folder.

Hope that makes sense. Saved Sims are those Sims you created in bodyshop with your own cc or recolors and possibly some cc from others, like makeup etc. But usually the meshes they have on from other people should be in your 'old' Downloads folder.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Ah Cinebar I knew all of that, and I know they don't have all the cc, but even the sims themselves aren't showing up! The ones I recently made in Bodyshop, are showing up, but they are new, some of the others are 10 years old! I once had all the cc with them, but that got messed up when I added new cc, and I tried and tried to clean it up and find the old cc, that was working fine, and get rid of the new stuff, that messed my game up, but I couldn't!

That was why I had to uninstall my game and reinstall again, too, I had made the mistake of not copying the old cc, so I now have no idea what was the old and what was the new!

But, the first time I did it, even without their cc, they showed up, just with hair missing or make up and so on, but now their whole Sim bodies are missing, meaning THE SIMS THEMSELVES ARE MISSING, not showing up in CAS or Bodyshop!

It really doesn't make sense to me why it shouldn't still work, unless they screwed up in someway, since Windows 10 does label everything different then the way they did with Windows 8 and before!

Everything, except Sims, are a shown with a blue (e), while the Sims are like a page/like paper or something like that! It wasn't like that before!

Maybe that's why I am having more trouble with it on my Windows 10 laptop, when I didn't have trouble at all with Windows 8!
    edited December 2018
    Did you put your old saved Sims folder back in after you reinstalled? If you do that, it would be helpful to delete the CASthumbnails and any cigen cache files. In your documents go to the TS2UC open it to see Thumbnails files you can delete all those thumnails for CAS or objects or whatever, and the game will regenerate those get mixed up when you are moving files in and out and or just playing or opening bodyshop etc.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Did you put your old saved Sims folder back in after you reinstalled? If you do that, it would be helpful to delete the CASthumbnails and any cigen cache files. In your documents go to the TS2UC open it to see Thumbnails files you can delete all those thumnails for CAS or objects or whatever, and the game will regenerate those get mixed up when you are moving files in and out and or just playing or opening bodyshop etc.

Tried it, but it didn't help! But thanks!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Do you want to share a few and see if anyone else can get them to show up? I don't mind trying it.