Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited December 2018
    @ciane, @BreeMiles, @suzses: All of your uploads are clean and CC free, and all have been rec'd.

I love the Roberts family - so gorgeous! I don't know if I've ever seen any Sims made by you before, but I don't generally download Sims from the Exchange. (Usually the really nice-looking ones have a lot of CC, or so I've found.) These are absolutely gorgeous, and I think I might put them in as townies in one of my games. It's always nice to have some good looking townies around!

This is not to say that Dana and Franz aren't adorable - they look like lots of fun to play! Franz is a real cutie, with those big floppy paws and ears, and those eager eyes. And I love Dana's lifetime wish - it's one of my favorites. Writers, painters, and sculptors can really do well in the Sims, and those careers give you the freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. It starts off slow, but when your skills get up there, it really takes off. Dana will be a great Sim to play, and it looks like she'll do really well in Sunlit Tides.

I love all of those little starters that the two of you made. I'm terrible at making starters, but Ciane's always amaze me. So pretty, yet practical, and all under a budget. Looks like you're great at those too, suzses. Love all three of those homes.

Now, Bree, I am in absolute LOVE with Minlix Farmhouse! It's the Christmas stuff. I love Christmas, but we haven't decorated yet this year because my father was in the hospital for the past week. (He just got home last night - we completely missed Hanukkah this year.) It was something that in someone younger probably wouldn't have gotten so serious, but he's almost 92, so they kept him there and wouldn't let him go home. (He wasn't happy about it, but he realized that he probably needed it.) So, sadly, it hasn't been very festive here yet. Looking at all those lovely holiday things in your build - and all the snow - cheered me up a bit. Yes, snow cheers me up. We don't have it here; I think it's about 70 today. So seeing snow in pictures puts me in the mood for the holiday, and makes me feel a little more cheery. Your house is just lovely; I smiled as soon as I saw the first picture.

@cmbaker16 : I haven't had a chance to check yours yet, but I will!

Thank you kindly @MiaSkywalker, sending your father get well wishes and warm thoughts! I'm happy my build cheered you up, that makes me smile!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane The name Simwhat Startable might make one smile but this home is no laughing matter! Once again you've shown us a well-crafted small home and what an efficient builder can do to get the most out of their budget. Terrific colors and plenty of room for a small family.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your gift in action. It's fun seeing people play/enjoy them. :)
    @cmbaker16 TWO distinctly different festival lots mean decisions will have to be made as to which gets peeked at and played first! You did a fabulous job with both!! Your Buddy (and others!) will get a lot of use out of these.

Oooh, holiday baking. Yum!
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited December 2018
    Let it be know that I'm really, really anxious right now (my hands are trembling a little :lol: )

Dear buddy, when I fist received your name I... well I didn't remember who you were so I went quickly to re-read your letter :lol: , but! upong finding your preferences I was glad to know we shared some tastes gameplay wise :wink: but sadly the grinch- I mean, my internet went kaput and I couldn't investigate some of the things that were of your liking, I mean, I don't know anything about Louisiana nor any other state from the US (only what they show on movies and series :sweat_smile: ), not only I couldn't search for information or references, I couldn't re-read your letter anymore... luckily for me I could remember some pieces of it... like blues and greens... and something about cottages and cabins, Dragon Valley and Aurora Skies. So I had to work with what I already had, all the while hoping it would be of your liking.

Dear @Bookworm742 I'm your secret buddy and heres it's your Gift #1 :smile:
    CyE2qn1.png
    Link to Download: Goldioaks Cabin - 2Bd 2Ba
    Pictures:
    WmCjfw4.jpg
    sSysIIR.jpg
    Dbi87XA.jpg
    ukJvaYw.jpg
    SJb4zam.jpg
    ucQaywy.jpg
    hftDsHE.jpg
    gQnwzWs.jpg
    s1dOPSn.jpg
    uPwvxKW.jpg
    OtlTAMd.jpg
    MUpB7pL.jpg
    XEel3Rb.jpg
    IwNt0Ti.jpg
    PPbIUPx.jpg
    The lot has a garden started with some plants but there's still space for new ones :wink: The nursery was meant to be in the second floor but then I thought about how sims end up leaving toddlers at the beginning of stairs sometimes and go down without them :confounded: so I put it on the fist floor :smile:
    Also, sorry about the name, I'm really bad at this :lol:

~

@ciane I saw my gifts and I love them! I'm going to comment them in another post! :love: I just wanted to give my gift first so my buddy didn't have to wait more! :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Ziristha I love your cabin. It's very cozy and nicely laid out. I like the light fabrics, flowers, etc., against the darker wood walls and floors. It has some nice little touches: I like how the small fridge fits under the upper cabinets, the MOO'd sideboard you made with end tables by the stairs, the curtained alcove for the bathtub. And, you did just fine with the name! In fact, I had noted it and liked it before I read your comments.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I think you have really captured the Louisiana feel with this cabin dear @Ziristha! It's very lovely indeed!
    @Bookworm742 @BreeMiles @ciane @cmbaker16
    @equuest @Kesminlix @suzses and @Ziristha

Thank YOU for making this an easy and fun event to host.
    It's been fun reading your letters and learning a little bit more about how you like to play our game.

Hopefully this group gift will strike a chord ~ bits and pieces were gleaned from your letters.

Pear Tree Terrace
    ptt-front.jpg
    Download Link: Pear Tree Terrace
    Pictures can be found here.
    edited December 2018
    @ADWilson So really nice of you to make something for us, Addy :) and I really like it. Great build for the location with the pleasant porch and all the windows for appreciating that view. Love the dark wood on the ceilings and floor in the open living area along with the light walls. I already had it downloaded before you got your post up. :)

P.S. And thank you for going to all the bother to make the gift exchanges happen and run smoothly. Thanks to @MiaSkywalker, too, for helping with the Custard checking.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Who likes tiny lots, blue and gray, and craftsman, traditional, contemporary builds? My secret buddy, of course!
    Ziristha wrote: »
    Some of my favorite colors are: Gray, blue, pink and many others! lol

I enjoy this style of build the most: Craftsman, traditional, victorian, contemporary, cabins etc.

I really like small and tiny lots from 10x10 to 25x25 since they’re easier to put in any world and expand as needed.

I always start saves with one sim, find them a partner and then start a family.
    So, I built a little starter and gift #1
    You can find it here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272317

https://www.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/092/723/17/roof_up_original.jpg
    I hope you enjoy this first gift Ziristha and look forward to another each day of gifting.
    Well, I already said it before, I love the houses @ciane ! thank you so much!, with this one I'm really surprised that it's a 10x10 starter and with so many things! I'm really interested in that attic, I've never seen one like this in the game before and because of this I'm looking foward to my sims having kids so I can use that area, it seems really fun with all those skill items! now I'm really tempted to play generational without expanding at all :lol:
    ciane wrote: »
    I accidentally uploaded a before version earlier this morning, so I had to go back in and add some stuff.

@Ziristha, here is gift#2.

https://www.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/092/725/80/roof_up_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/092/725/80/l2wu_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272580

It has some pics included in the upload.

It's not a starter as it's over 20k; but, it's under 30k. So, if you made have two separate sims (not in the same household) and merge them, you'll have enough to start their family here. This time I had enough room for the chess set and garden. :smiley:
    First and foremost, I love the name :lol: also, I've never used two separated sims to get higher starting funds! that's quite the clever idea, I'm totally stealing it :smile:
    I find Simwhat Startable to be quite lovely (is it me or that sentence sounds funny? :lol: ), I'm really digging the color scheme and the distribution, I think I would like to play this one in Riverview, I just can't decide what sims I should put in there, so many ideas!
    Thank you again for the lovely gifts! I'm so looking foward to play with them <3!
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    @Ziristha Goldioaks Cabin is gorgeous! LOVE the warm wood tones and comfortable furnishings. The color palette works very well against the wood background and makes each one catch the eye. The layout is especially nice and seems larger than something that would fit on a 20x20 lot.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2018
    @cmbaker16 - Wow I agree with the others. TWO festival lots is double wow! One is so challenging. That is awesome.

@Ziristha - I love that little cabin. I love all the woods and greens - a perfect color scheme! And, I've never even thought to put the birds and trees together like that. Kudos to you!

@ADWilson - I left your comment on your site. :smiley: Nice build!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited December 2018
    @ciane I love the grey and blue color scheme that you included in both of your lots! They are both beautifully decorated! :) I especially love the sectional couch from the first home. Way a great way to save space!

@suzes I love the pastels that you used to fit into Sunlit Tides! And the fact that you created a dog park and beach lot for Dana and Fitz to go to is great!

@BreeMiles I love the family that you created! I think I'll have to add them into my game when I start playing it again! And your farmhouse is so cozy, warm and inviting!

@cmbaker16 Those are all beautiful lots! And the festival lots are awesome! I really like the one that you made for Moonlight Falls! It fits into the town perfectly. And Belle makes me want to start playing with supernatural sims! I love Cotton Candy and Confetti Cupcake!

@Ziristha The cabin that you created is beautiful! I love the warm woods against the rich green colors. Its so warm and looks like the perfect place for a warm cup of hot chocolate or coffee on a winter day. And I agree with the birds and tree combo!

@ADWilson I love that you created a gift for everyone! The play on the pear tree was really creative for the holidays, and windows and the interior really bring the outdoors in!

Thank you for the lovely compliments on my build for BreeMiles. I'm so happy that you like it! :)

I really love what everyone made! Everyone is so creative and talented! I can't wait to see how everyone plays with their gifts in the days to come :)<3
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok, everyone, I can't tag anyone because I don't know whose is what anymore. Right now I'm suffering from really bad migraines and can't concentrate. I've never had migraines before; I know what is causing these (figured it out last night), so I'm going to have that medical issue dealt with soon. Hopefully sooner than the current appointment I have, which isn't until Christmas eve, but we will see.

Anyway, so I'm not going to tag anyone, because right now I don't know which is whose. But I've checked the following items and they're all clean:

• A Pear Tree Terrace
    • Dog Days Beach
    • Faire Folk Festival
    • Fort Gnome Military Base
    • Front Beach
    • Goldioaks Cabin
    • JunkALot
    • Nix Estate
    • Nix
    • Simwhat Startable

If I missed anything, you can let either Addy or me know, so it can be checked.

Edit: I also apologize for not commenting on anyone's builds. I can't even look at them right now; I can barely keep my eyes open, and I certainly can't concentrate. I'll have to comment later, but as I said, that later might not be until after Christmas, unfortunately.
    edited December 2018
    @MiaSkywalker I hope that you are able to get your migraines under control before your Christmas eve apt. Sending thoughts to you! :)
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    *waves pom poms* I know I am late - story of my life. I won't bore you with the latest details other than to say ... PLEASE, everyone pray to whatever god you pray to that 2019 is a much better year for my family as well as many of you who also struggled or had trauma's in 2018!

Now onto some of the good stuff and reason we are all here!

@ciane – Your little blue craftsman is AMAZING. I remember doing a craftsman’s contest one time and I really got a first hand look at different styles. I love your clean lines and soft color pallet. I can not believe you fit all you did into that tiny little space! Great job! Snagged and Rec’d!

@Suzses – You know I am a sucker for a good story and you outdid yourself with this one. I love how you keep the un-remodel version of your home plus the remodel version so if she feels the need to go through and try an all new remodel!

For now I must go – will be back for more snooping and snagging 😉
    Thanks for checking @MiaSkywalker but now it's time for you to take care of you. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @cmbaker16 After reading your buddy letter, I had so many thoughts and ideas of things that would be fun! However, I didn't have time to make all of them! So I had to narrow it down to just a few! You mentioned you liked fairy tale cottages, occult sims, and that you hadn't found the right build for the storybook set. So with that in mind, I came up with your first gift!

Gift #1:

Enchanter's Cottage
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272741

M9MNiE5.jpg

More Pics here:

Rear view:
    J05DMqP.jpg

Downstairs Layout:
    sYXVa36.jpg
    WDHfICm.jpg

Upstairs Attic:
    iCEoKPQ.jpg

Main Living Area:
    A748Iam.jpg

Kitchen:
    gvR2mQJ.jpg

Front Bedroom (currently set up for a child and baby/toddler):
    yDnbIq4.jpg

Master Bedroom:
    E5VteAn.jpg

I did a lot of google searching trying to get inspiration, and found this floor plan that just seemed perfect, so I thought I would share! Here is the main inspiration for this build!
    30mw-newport.jpg

@Bookworm742 That house is beautiful! I love the living room and dining area! Blue is my favorite so that part of the house really speaks to me. Everything is so cozy and well decorated! :)
    @Bookworm742 What a delightful build! Warm & welcoming, calm & cozy come to mind when peeking at the images. Fairy ... witch ... medieval healer ... any of these would love living here. Love the colors you used and the layout shows plenty of room for a small family.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Lovely inspiration house with great layout @Bookworm742. I love that nice large kitchen and that great brick patio out back!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ok, and now I can admire all the pretty things!

@ciane Great little starter house! I really like the brick with the Victorian accents on the exterior, and the blue and gray color scheme is lovely! Love the name for Simwhat Startable. It made me laugh! A great little in-between house, and I'm enjoying the colors in this one too!

@suzses I really love how you included both the before and after versions of Just Beachy. It's so bright and cheerful now that Dana has it all fixed up! Perfect colors for Sunlit Tides. And I love her wardrobe, too! With all the dreary rain we've had lately, I might need to wander over to the beach in my game! ;) Very cute little dog park and beach, looks like fun for sim and dog alike! (and the picture showing where you placed the lots is super helpful!)

@BreeMiles What a lovely family! That vest and tie looks great on James, very dashing. And I bet Baily and Buster can get into all sorts of mischief together, too! And you gotta love a holiday cabin...this one looks so cozy! Perfect place to spend those cold snowy nights!

@cmbaker16 Nix Estate will go beautifully in my cape cod style remake of Barnacle Bay (I borrowed many of GreenCats' lovely builds for it, as well as a couple that buddies have made for me in previous exchanges!) My problem is going to be finding the perfect place to put it! Belle Nix...fairy genie? That's going to be an interesting combo to play with! And baby unicorns, too cute! And it's always nice to have an extra junkyard or two in your library...they're not the most exciting things for me to build, so I'm sure it will find a home in a couple of my worlds. ;) And *two* festival lots?! Wow! (They are a lot of fun, aren't they?) Will definitely have to check them out in game...once I do my own holiday baking and actually have some time, lol

@equuest You don't see a lot of farmhouses out in Sunlit Tides, but you really pulled it off! I really love the exterior, such a great combo with the siding and the stone, with the wood details. And that hot tub under cover, but right there attached to the pool is wonderful! Looks so relaxing! Really like the furniture/decor choices for indoors, too!

@Ziristha Don't you just hate it when the internet decides it doesn't like you? Mine was doing that too earlier this week! Goldioaks Cabin looks wonderful, though! It's both modern and rustic at the same time, which isn't easy to pull off well! That bathroom with the alcove for the tub looks so relaxing, and I really love those hanging chairs on the porch! (too bad EA didn't give us a porch swing, I'd be using that thing all the time, lol) Love the purple girl's room, so cute! And that master has such a nice tranquil view of the woods. Great place for those sim parents to escape to! And I totally agree with you on the stranded toddlers and stairs thing, sims are incredibly dim that way! Thank you so much for such a lovely addition to my game!

@ADWilson What a view! And a wonderfully large covered patio to enjoy it from, too! Great little house for that lot, and I really like the colors you used in that bedroom/bathroom. Looks great!

And yay, I think I'm all caught up! Wonderful job so far, everyone!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Bookworm742 that cottage is lovely! I especially love the kitchen!

and Belle is a genie, but the idea for her came from the idea of a genie/fairy child.
    @Bookworm742 Love your cottage, so pretty and "enchanting" (cough - sorry - couldn't help myself there :) ). I like the warmth of the exterior with the bright flowers against it. Another blue fan here, I think the living/dining areas are beautiful, as well as nice sized and well laid out.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @ciane Today's gift has been hanging out on the exchange since right after midnight my time last night because I had a pending Windows update and was terrified I'd have trouble uploading after letting it finish. I decided to upload first and THEN restart, after which I headed to bed. So, now that it's morning (sort of), I'll fill you in on it.

This is actually what I made first for you, while Dana and Franz were just sort of an idea floating around in the back of my head. Since I was planning on them, I built this house around their needs but later decided it made more sense, background wise, to start them out in the tiny house I was also building. It's set up to accommodate a dog, but you of course know you can change it up any way you like that works for you. Because I was thinking of them, I furnished the second bedroom as kind of a guest room/office and creative space, with Franz's bed, too, but it could easily be changed into a nursery and/or kids' room or any other kind of bedroom for that matter.

Gift 3 - Driftwood

46256837172_9e683ccd79_c.jpg

46256894192_8b4f1de830_c.jpg

PICTURES HERE: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxsgEs2

ON THE EXCHANGE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272755

I chose the 6 Silent Shores location because I liked that it was kind of off by itself and backed on the beach, and I had plans for part of the backyard being on the sand, which it looked as though would work out. But (there's always a "but," right?) when I got it going, there was an annoying thin strip of green grass that ran across the back just off the edge of the lot. I tried and tried to do something there that I liked, but it was driving me batty, and so I had to tinker. I bulldozed the lot, replaced it with the same size lot that I just slid back a tiny hair toward the beach, and that took care of the line. While in the town editor, I also deleted some brambles right behind the lot because they were just too messy looking there for me.

It has small garden areas on both sides of the back side of the house, plus a few fruit trees scattered about. If you're not wanting to garden, you could just fill in the fenced areas with flowers/shrubs and maybe delete the gates. The one end of the fenced garden areas has an outdoor tub for pet washing, which you also may or may not want depending on how you use the property. The plants range in quality from very nice to outstanding in quality (snagged them either from the produce stands or grocery store depending on what I could find).

The appliances and electronics are upgraded, and the laundry hampers are all hidden except in the second bedroom, where it's visible. There's one in each room.

(Just realized I forgot to mention that Just B.eachy is also all upgraded and there are hidden laundry hampers there, too.)

Who knows, since it's right up the beach from Dog Days Beach, maybe Dana and Franz will come across it someday when they have more funds and want/need more room. Could happen. Or not. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @cmbaker16 Just stopped by to let you know I only had a little time to load up my game last night, and I didn't want to do much with it because I was putting off a badly needed computer restart (see post to ciane). So, I managed to put the festival lot for Sunset Valley in, and I like that jet statue even more now given its location on the lot. It was summer in that game, and of course, it was raining and the middle of the night. What luck, right? So, I got to see the pretty blues you used, the clever, fun use of the ice cream cones for summer, and how it's laid out, but that's about all.

Lots going on on the lot for Moonlight Falls! It was Fall in that game, so had the haunted house, etc. Loved the greenhouse, so pretty, the pond, the chess area is great. Again, it was just a peek, so I'll be finding some time to check out the other seasons and have my sims spend some time at each. Thanks again for all the effort I know you put in to make those for me. <3

I didn't have a chance yet to find spots for the junkyard, but I can tell from the pictures, it's great and will work out perfectly. I also haven't played with Belle and the unicorns, but I think they'll have to go to the festival soon. ;)

Hope you enjoy your baking.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top