Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

Here is an update of both stories. Celeste has more screenshots so she will be first.

6doZKDW.jpg
    Bryce and Celeste slept in the same bed for the first time. Both were too tired to make their love official. ;)

qmkXpGA.jpg
    I didn't really care for his hairstyle so I changed it to this one.

M3qzcVq.jpg
    First day in the new house and the sink broke. Celeste wonders why she has such bad luck with sinks. I think it is because four people lived here already before Celeste moved in so they probably got it close to breaking.

L4zuiDJ.jpg
    Bryce needed to get some athletics in for his job. But it doesn't matter because he is changing jobs soon. His lifetime wish is to reach level 5 in four careers.

GOvdDYH.jpg
    Celeste just realized Bryce has this so she decided to practice her golfing skill. She beat everyone who ever used it.

ELomArU.jpg
    Afterwards, Celeste got to know the puppy. Her name was changed from Lady Savage to Bella Swanson. (Bella is after my moms cousins dog and Bella (Bachelor) Goth.)

In the alternate universe that Brittany resides, things are going pretty well for her. I'll let her explain some things to you all.

1OqtyCq.jpg
    Brittany (werewolf voice) Hello again everyone. Brittany here with a quick update on my progress. With my Watcher Brandon's help, I am doing well on my challenge. Sorry for the voice, I just got done on a successful hunt. I am heading out to eat with a roommate soon.

p4l9U9d.jpg
    Not too far away from me, these two got into an argument. Who knows what for, I'm too busy to find out.

3Q3Kfih.jpg
    I created my first elixir today, an invigorating potion. When I learn it, I want to make a ton of potent invigorating elixir's so I don't have to sleep.
    I can't remember what exactly I've told you all but here is an update on my progress. I maxed both charisma and social networking, reached the highest rebel influence, have a five star blog, and 3 star celebrity status. Just today, I sold my blog for $6000. Now I don't need to start another one until I move to Riverview. I also reached my full potential as a werewolf today. Now I have one week until graduation and then I can get settled in Sunset Valley to start a daycare.

***So Celeste and Bella hit it off well until she tried to play tug of war. That didn't end well so I quit on that for now. Brittany is doing pretty well in university and I just got a second tiberium. That means I'll have a lot of money to play around with when I'm done. When she is done with college, I'll have better updates on her. As I said before, college is repetitive and she has to go there 5 more times. :/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments and nice update :smile: Cute puppy :smile:

@coco Thanks for the comments :smile: Lil Bling is a Sim from Bridgeport who lives with the celebrity 'rappers'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I saw a deer in The Sims... Christmas is coming! :smiley:

48263085_10155998651511497_1022739641410781184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeEdu0USgZA85lenMKjFUamFc_nL1oBGuKmrJ44P9StMfhMVyqv9QPckQn_QAW4nyd6BWVVNO0UNXw21iblCTwN5VN4-r_qdEIbbUxQ17UYq9w&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=22e0381c2bdcb79341c31e26c1ee0976&oe=5CA6A0CE
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2018
    @coco I am always making sims...this is my newest one after that one.

Kira Hyuna

9Ogk9iZ.png

@king_of_simcity7 That just means Santa had a terrible sled accident, you show Prancer but there are nine other reindeer twisted around a streetlight with a burning sleigh behind them.

@Brandontaylor Why is that dog thinking about ghosts :neutral: is it an omen,is her new found man going to have a bad accident.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat It is one stray reindeer trying to get help :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Glad that Courtney met someone nice and had a good time. Jennifer's hair should be showing signs of grey worrying about her young daughter like that. :lol:

@TadOlson Guess Simamerica has got to be better than living in a famine and decimated land after an invasion.

@CheesySimsLover Nice picture of him watching the meteor fall! I hope it was one of the ones worth a bit of cash for them.

@Silverofdreams30 Lovely pics of your sims. Wow...way to go Audra! Good job. Ty looks terrific! Love that pretty sky too.

@Vincent_Vengeance Cute picture of Steve.

@msbeckycat Owww... poor kitty. Hope she is feeling ok.

@MoonandStars83 Nice pictures. I still have not had anyone wish for a kid from the well.

@Brandontaylor I like Bryce's new hair! Celeste playing with the puppy is cute. :)
    Congrats on all Brittany's accomplishments.
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile: I will never change Jennifer’s hair! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    So I keep getting story notifications from NRAAS, specifically job related stories, I have stories set to none, so how do I stop this?
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey friends. :)

So I literally spent ALL day writing this next chapter in my Christmas story. :grimace: (Sorry, I know I owe many replies and feedback! :kissing_heart: I've read them all I promise!) Now that it's evening, I am exhausted and I think what I roll out here is the best it's going to get. I'm done editing. :p I hope it all makes sense...

This is a huge, revealing chapter that is a little dialogue heavy (because I lost the save and couldn't take more pictures to fill in...) and also has some sad/depressing things mentioned in it so...just a little warning there. (Don't forget your tissues @bekkasan ;)<3 )

I hope y'all will enjoy this chapter and it should really be smooth sailing for me to write from here on out. ;)
    ***Whew***

Anyway, enjoy! :smiley:

An Aurora Skies Christmas Romance Tale

Chapter 5

December 19th

On this particular morning in Aurora Skies it was a clear and sunny winter day. However it was also accompanied by wind, that seemed to reduce the current low temperature outside to about 15 degrees lower! It was a biting cold and Miriam figured she better dress a bit more warmly when visiting Mr. Hodge today.

Before leaving she assured Ciro that she could go without him now as there wasn't anymore hostility coming from Mr. Hodge. Ciro expressed his uneasiness about letting her go alone, but when all was said and done he trusted her. Besides it wasn't like she didn't have a phone to call for help or that she wasn't one of the fastest runners around.

After arriving on Mr. Hodge's property and knocking on the door, it took a bit longer for him to answer. Miriam prayed he would soon as the freezing wind was already started to penetrate through her coat and pants. She gripped the center of her coat and squeezed the seam together to help keep in the warmth better.

Mr. Hodge finally opened the door with a smile on his face and stepped out to greet,
    "Good morning to you Miriam."
    "Good Morning Mr. Hodge," she replied, shivering a bit. Her nose felt frozen.
    "Whew!" he breathed, "this wind is terrible! I'm glad you wore something warmer this time around."

46226979891_85f60e340f_c.jpg

"Indeed," she agreed. "Happy December 19th Mr. Hodge," she said, holding the gift out to him."
    "Thank you again," he said, with an even brighter smile.
    She smiled, blushing in return.

46226979581_6f3d03d75d_c.jpg

"Well," she began, unable to handle the cold any longer. "I better be going. This wind is nasty! I really hope you like the gift."

31288230047_8b3285ac91_c.jpg

"Wait!" Mr. Hodge stopped her. She looked upon him curiously. "I," he started, scratching at the back of his head. "I...uh...sorta have something for you too." And he went back inside his house.

What!? Miriam tried desperately to keep her mouth from falling! This was quite...surprising! For a moment she thought this was a dream!

Mr. Hodge quickly returned before her with a very nicely wrapped present. Miriam held her hand to her heart, unable to believe it.
    "Here," he said, placing it into her hand for her. "It's not much but..."
    "Oh Mr. Hodge," she happily said, "I know I'll love it no matter what! Thank you!"

46226979201_5fe0f4e1cd_c.jpg

She gently shook it a bit. It was always the natural thing for her to do when trying to guess what's inside a present.

31288229747_368a95c7af_c.jpg

"Careful," Mr. Hodge cautioned. "It's quite fragile."
    "Oops! Sorry..."

Carefully she tore off all the wrapping - to which Mr. Hodge threw away in the trash can like she always did for him - and removed the lid. When she beheld what was inside, her heart skipped a beat and for a moment, she was breathless.

Inside held a piece of ice, shaped like a snowflake, resting on a bed of cotton balls. She glanced up at the man with glistening eyes as if to ask, Where did you get this?

"It's from the lake," Mr. Hodge answered, motioning with his head toward the falls. "I found it on the bank's edge all shaped like that when I went ice fishing yesterday. Thankfully I was able to break it off without it shattering into pieces, but it was such a unique and beautiful formation that," he paused nervously, "it made me think of you."

Any chill Miriam felt from the biting wind was long gone now, as Mr. Hodge's thoughtful gift and sweet words created a deep warmth within her. Her blushing cheeks certainly thawed out her face. "It is beautiful," she expressed. "I love it! Thank you!" She wanted to hug him, but it was too soon for that.

Giving off a gratified smile, Mr. Hodge then folded his arms as a burst of wind slammed upon them both. "Brrrr!" he shivered. "Would you like to come inside for a bit? We need to get out of this cold!"
    Eyes widened, Miriam replied, "Sure. I mean...Yes! That would be wonderful!" He's actually inviting me inside! That's a double miracle in one day! She tried not to squeal. I guess it's a good thing Ciro didn't come with me...

The inside of Mr. Hodge's home looked about as Miriam always expected it would. Very open like a warehouse, a single fireplace in the center, a metal floor, a tiny bathroom, and furnishings that clearly came from large trash cans and the dump over the years. But even so, it felt humble. Nothing dangerous or worrisome stood out in the open so that was good. It seemed there was more normal in Mr. Hodge than everyone thought.

He beckoned her to take a seat on the sofa with him as he offered her a cup of coffee.
    "Thank you," she expressed, taking a light sip as she sat down.

For the next several minutes they made small talk, sipping down every last bit of coffee in between, then resting the empty cups on the floor beside the couch.

Then there ensued an awkward silence if there ever was one, Mr. Hodge kicking himself for inviting such a lovely woman into a dump like this especially at a time when it reeked of freshly gutted fish!

31288233457_417e3f1f78_c.jpg

He couldn't hold it back any longer...but not first without saying, "Please forgive the smell. I'd open a window but..."
    "It's alright," Miriam assured. "I understand."
    He nodded, but then shook his head. "Gosh I never thought I'd end up like this..."
    Carefully Miriam glanced over at him, hoping her gaze would encourage him to go on. There was just so much more she wanted to know about him.

"It all happened 13 years ago," he began, "this Christmas Eve."
    "When what happened?" Miriam gently encouraged.
    There was a pause. "The beginning of the end of my life."

"It's okay," Miriam assured, sensing his great hesitation. "You can tell me. I promise what you say will be safe with me Mr. Hodge."
    The man glanced over at her appreciatively and then, with a deep sigh, began his story.

"We were so young back then, my wife and I. So deeply in love and ever so naive to the realities of life; the sorrow and disasters it can throw out at you without any warning that change everything. The kind of pain and tragedies everybody is aware of, but no one believes will actually happen to them."
    Miriam's brow furrowed.
    "Her name was Ayana," he continued, "the kindest most elegant woman to ever grace this Earth. My dear Ayana...we met during her first year of college. I never attended college...but I worked in the cafeteria there and...that's how we met." He smiled. "Neither of our parents approved of our courtship, but we eloped anyway. They practically disowned us, Ayana's parents especially when she decided to not finish school to run away with me."
    Miriam frowned.

31288234217_b707fa0536_c.jpg

"We settled here in Aurora Skies, hundreds of miles away from our parents, ready to take on the world together. Oh it was the most joyous of times. We couldn't get enough of each other. And we were the homebody type, didn't get out much, basically because we were introverts, but mostly because we felt that all we ever needed was right there in each other and...in many ways it was true."
    Miriam smiled.
    Mr. Hodge then lowered his head, studying his fingers tightly woven together upon his lap. "It took a while for her to secure a good job as she was the main breadwinner," he chuckled. "That woman didn't want it any other way. I just did home repairs on the side to stay busy. Then one day, after trying for two years, she tells me she's pregnant. It was the happiest day of my life since we married," he said with a choke.

"Aww. This is such a beautiful story," Miriam finally spoke, "but Mr. Hodge, what does this have to do with--"
    "Just," he addressed her sharply, "let me finish."
    Miriam consented.

31288233137_496f127b67_c.jpg

"Months passed...we found out we were having twins."
    "Oh wow!"
    "Yeah! We had no clue how we were going to support and take care of two kids without help from family, but...we knew we could do anything...together."
    Miriam smiled. What a joy it was to see this side of Mr. Hodge that she never could've imagined was there.
    "The doctor's had her due date set for February 25th. But," he stopped, gulping. Hesitating again. "She began bleeding heavily just two months prior."
    Heart sinking, Miriam didn't like where this was going.

Now Mr. Hodge was really struggling to get the words out. "I...ran her to the ER. Once we arrived...there were so many...complications...and it all happened so fast." He squeezed his eyes shut.
    "Mr. Hodge..."
    "They had to deliver the babies immediately so she had an emergency c-section, there was no time for pain killers. I'll never forget...her screams..." His eyes welled up with tears.
    Miriam lowered her head.
    "Our babies were taken to whatever that place is called upstairs as I did my best to comfort my dear Ayana. But she started bleeding out and the surgeons kicked me out of the room! The last thing I said to her was...'It'll be ok.'" He wiped at his eyes. "About a half hour later they came out to tell me they did everything they could, but...she was gone." He shook his head.
    "Oh Mr. Hodge..."
    "So instantly I ran upstairs to find our babies." He spoke with an angered look of determination in his eyes. "They were a boy and a girl. Tate and Tia we named them. The most beautiful little babies you ever did see...struggling to hold onto life."
    You gotta be kidding me, Miriam thought. Don't tell me they didn't...
    "I don't remember the complications they had," Mr. Hodge went on, "but Tate died an hour after his mother and...Tia followed another hour after."
    Miriam held her hand to her mouth.
    "So there it happened...everyone in my life, my whole entire world, taken away from me in a matter of hours...on Christmas Eve night."

Miriam lowered her hand from her mouth and gently placed it on his leg. "I am so so sorry Mr. Hodge! I," she choked, "I can't...I can't even imagine!" Tears welled up in her eyes.
    "CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHT of ALL nights!" Mr. Hodge shouted, throwing his hands into the air. "God is a cruel one Miriam! And I've cursed Him ever since!"
    Miriam certainly couldn't blame him for that.
    "I thought," he said, the tears rolling down his cheeks, "that I would be going home the next day, with my beautiful wife, both of us carrying the greatest gifts one could ever receive on Christmas, but NO! I lost EVERYTHING that Christmas!"

31288232717_c5ba165363_c.jpg

"So that's why you hate Christmas," Miriam silently uttered. "It's totally understandable now Mr. Hodge!"

31288233957_e2aa939ab9_c.jpg

"But it goes DEEPER than that!" he stressed. "It's not Christmas itself that I hate, it's just that it reminds me of my painful and ultimate loss!" He sniffed, holding his hand to his heart. "It reminds me of what could have been..."

And with that, Mr. Hodge buried his face deep into the palms of his hands and sobbed. Sobbing harder than he ever had since that fateful day. Miriam never witnessed such a breakdown from a man, especially...a man like him.
    "That's why I can't celebrate it," he spluttered to Miriam, "I never want anything to do with it. It's just too painful!"
    "Oh Mr. Hodge," Miriam cried, instinctively reaching out to him and pulling him in for a tight hug. She allowed him to drift down and lay upon her lap as he continued to sob and she stoked his arm. "It'll all be ok," was the only think she could think to say. "Just let it all out. That's right. You'll feel much better...I promise."

But all the while she just shook her head, unable to fathom such a tragedy. It was clearly the saddest story she'd ever heard in her life.

Many minutes passed as the two friends held each other close on the couch, Mr. Hodge finally able to find his breath again. Miriam's festive dress was soaked in his tears.

"So what happened after that?" she asked, breaking the silence. "What happened to where you ended up here in this warehouse?"

31288232427_8ef94d90a9_c.jpg

Mr. Hodge hoped she wouldn't ask, but since he already told her everything else. "Well," he started, "As I mentioned earlier Ayana and I were young, and stupid really, and didn't have much money. It never even crossed our minds that...well...you know. So we didn't have any life insurance plans."
    "Oh..."
    "So," he sighed. "Between hospital bills and funeral expenses...I had to sell everything I owned to pay for it all. Even our house..."
    Miriam shook her head.
    "After that I left for the big city. Tried to find a job, but didn't have any luck so I just lived and begged on the streets."
    "That must've been rough."
    "It was. And finally I got fed up with it. So, I decided to return back here, expecting a 'welcome back' or some help from at least ONE person in this place, but...nope."

Miriam sat up to look at him. "Seriously?"
    "Yup. No one was there for me when Ayana and the twins died, except her doctor, so I don't know why I expected anyone to notice that I'd returned. I was just hoping..."
    Miriam was awestruck.

31288233707_ee6de029a7_c.jpg

"That created a bitterness towards the people in this town that's stayed with me to this very day, as you well know. I figured that since none of them seemed to care about me, I wasn't going to care about them." He shrugged. "So I did what I had to do to survive. Alone. Contemplated suicide even, until I found my way into this warehouse and...here I am," he said, almost with a hint of regret it seemed to Miriam.

"Look Mr. Hodge," she said, turning to fully face him now. "It may not be my place to say anything because I certainly could never, ever be able to fully understand what you've endured, but," she paused, "you sure allowed all that pain and hatred to consume you. So much to the point that it turned you into someone you never wanted to become."
    Mr. Hodge struggled to meet her gaze.
    "And I totally get it, I'd be upset with the people in this town too for not giving a darn about me when my family died and the world came crashing down, but...even you yourself said that you and your wife were pretty much homebody's and didn't get out much right?"
    There was a slight nod.
    "So...did it ever occur to you that maybe people thought they weren't close enough to you to offer help? Or felt comfortable enough to be there for you in such an hour of need?"
    There was a hesitant shake of his head.
    "Now granted," she went on, "that doesn't excuse the fact that someone should've tried to show some care and reached out to you, but...you sure quickly made up your mind about them upon returning, when it could've just all been a giant misunderstanding, and...that negativity didn't do you any favors. Do you see what I'm trying to say?"
    "Yeah," he nodded, honestly wishing she'd stop.
    Miriam then put her arm around him again. "I just think that now is the time to look past all that Mr. Hodge," she said, "it's been too long. It's time to move on. To be that version of yourself again that you introduced me to today."

With that conclusion he gave her the most appreciative smile he'd ever given anyone. "It's Jaron," he said.
    "What?"
    "My name is Jaron."
    Miriam grinned brightly. "Well...it's nice to meet you...Jaron." They both chuckled.

31288232207_36f8362c90_c.jpg

"Thank you for listening to my story Miriam," he went on to say. "I needed to talk about it more than I realized."

Miriam's heart began filling up with the greatest of joys. A real life Christmas miracle was beginning to happen and it seemed so...unreal.

"You're very welcome...Jaron."

The evening, not too long after Miriam left, Jaron threw himself into the freezing lake water in his backyard. He swam many strokes under the light of the Northern Lights.

44478253490_70021584ed_c.jpg

Mostly it was to cool himself off from feeling so flushed from revealing what he did to Miriam...

...or perhaps it was more of a baptism from his former self.

Either way, he sure felt great afterward!

46295247261_f945117b9e_c.jpg

She's right. It's high time for a change!

:mrgreen:

----

I don't know what influence Brooks & Dunn has had on me lately, but...here's another accurate song to end this chapter off with. :p
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited December 2018
    48384575_210588573198736_5811699142195412992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=96e0e1b155c5823d24cff33bf0ffd31b&oe=5C64F694
    Sun is setting over Riverblossom Hills.

48274992_210588583198735_8458263706592083968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=991b7fc8048bd8e45b9781c584bc8e4b&oe=5CAA640F

48221791_210588639865396_362181904738287616_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=60a4cbe64683dafc31a11d197987e0f7&oe=5C98CF7A
    Ryan decided to take Lynn to the Fall Festival, it was the last night for it.

48053401_210588633198730_8346416255623757824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3b8b456e14a7b934626d01f417e2fdbe&oe=5CA5FE2E
    Of course Ryan won, like always lol.

48358862_210588669865393_8107720394426810368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=4c8e7234f3c7761ee03c526e41627f4b&oe=5CADF995
    And defeated the Bull.

48373523_210588686532058_8944115848839168000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=5eaa459149ecc48cb1aece01393fe987&oe=5C939C15
    Lynn not so much and Ryan thought it was nice to boo her.ROTFL.

48354994_210588709865389_6879488871667597312_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=66ee257a94a4cc06f9de3e419c2ef81b&oe=5CAA0319
    Ryan: Lynn, are you alright?
    Lynn: I literally peed my pants...seriously...That was too much for me in there.
    Ryan: Yet, you have no problem chasing a tornado that could have killed you! Some days I just don't understand you.
    Lynn: Really? Don't start.
    Ryan: Start what? I'm just stating facts...A little haunted house scared the pee out of you, but you were able to drive into the heart of a tornado....which could have literally blown you away, and you had no problem..
    Lynn: Its not gonna blow me away.
    Ryan: Tell that to my family that are feet under Lynn!

And Ryan left for home...
    Their first argument....

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

@coco Thanks for the comments.
    I felt bad for Derek so I set him up with a woman.
    She will. She doesn't have to max it this season if I don't want. She can make them, but she can't grow the ingredients. However, her spouse or kids can.
    She has achieved a lot. She only has alchemy left until Riverview. I unlock more skills then.

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome, and thank you. I'm not entirely sure which breed Bella is.
    Nice deer photo. Santa Claus must be missing one.

@CravenLestat I don't know, that kind of scares me :D

@meerkattime Lol, I know. It won't be hard to find a husband at least. It is an interesting challenge.
    Me too. Bryce looks better with it. I also removed his facial hair.
    She's getting really good at it, lol. Before long she can make them unbreakable.
    I think so. It was just the one interaction Bella hated.
    Yep, she's getting there. She can only make them if she either buys the ingredients or has someone get them. Charisma, Social Networking, and Alchemy are the only skills she can do. Shortly before Riverview, she can start on season two skills but not max.

@bekkasan Me too. He looks better in my opinion.
    I love the puppy.
    Thanks, she is joining the workforce next update.

@emorrill Awesome update!
    That's so sad that Jaron Hodge lost his family like that. :'(
    I'm glad he opened up to Miriam, he really needed someone to listen to him.

@Springfairy556 Nice update.
    I love the photo of Ryan and Lynn kissing.
    Good job, Ryan!
    Lol, I can't believe he booed her!
    Uh oh, arguments are no fun but I see his point.

***I took way too many screenshots of Brittany tonight so I will post a few tonight and the rest tomorrow. Celeste will get a bigger update tomorrow sometime much later. So this is what Brittany was up to for most of today.

O3DzW2Z.jpg
    Brittany: This picture was taken Sunday, Week 4 of University. I was checking the mail and was surprised that I had 17 love letters and my plaque for maxing charisma. I should have no trouble finding a spouse back home.

r512Edz.jpg
    Monday, I was busy so I didn't have time for a photo. But Tuesday I took Karri Elrod to lunch with me.

z1uLIvo.jpg
    Darn it, I scared another friend. Oh well, I got to get to work on collecting again.

7Swpi9Z.jpg
    The rest of the week was spent on class and collecting. I passed my finals and got an A on my report card. Yes, now I can leave and start a life in Sunset Valley for a while!

bucStfG.jpg
    I now have a degree in business. It won't help me much right now as daycare doesn't need it but it will come in handy later.

WM0RPph.jpg
    I packed up my bed and all in one shower and headed for the van to take me home. I have enough for my house and a lot of extra insects to sell. I'll see you all tomorrow when I prepare for life in Sunset Valley.

***One more note and then I'm headed for bed. In this challenge, you play with what you have. I don't have some of the store items so I will be skipping a few things from them but it won't be much. Llandros, who made the challenge chose a specific house which I also did for a variety of reasons. Tomorrows update will be Sunday, Week 1 in the Valley. So until then, happy simming everyone!
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    @coco,
    Hey there :smile:
    Hi!
    Dash's rocking horse is really cute.
    Thank you so much. I love everything star patterned, so I used that space texture, set the main color as blue and painted rockets and planets with the same color, so only stars can be seen now.
    It sounds like Steve loves caring for his fish.
    Oh, he definitely does.
    Dash is a lucky boy for getting such a nice bathroom!
    I'm glad that you love it.
    I hope Steve has planned a nice birthday for his wife :smile:
    For his daugher. Gardenia is his daughter. But yes, it'll be great!!
    Steve looks very cool with the black shades :sunglasses:
    Thank you. Pretty sure he's happy to hear that. :blush:

Thank you so much for the comments, everyone. Next update SOON.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Well, someone managed to worm her way into Evil_Haruo's shriveled ticker...
    Screenshot-103.jpg
    Deirdre...she's evil AND she's a kleptomaniac: ahhh a girl after Evil_Haruo's own heart... :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Jason got Jaxon up and ready for his last morning as a toddler. I only decided later in the morning when Jaxon maxed his xylophone skills.
    44478360590_d220d8fecf_o.jpg
    The family enjoyed pancakes for breakfast :)
    46245161752_fcd03f0495_o.jpg
    Josh had a wish to attack Jaxon with the claw and to take him for a stroll :)
    45571790854_46515fbf83_o.jpg
    Josie's waking wish was to preside over her royal court :)
    32423442698_58a7ae796c_o.jpg
    The boys get a lot of exotic eggs! :)
    45571790424_567225c146_o.jpg
    Josh got his stroll :)
    44478359240_5fa66e2014_o.jpg
    Josie chatted with him when he got home :)
    32423441938_3a3d06b501_o.jpg
    When Jaxon maxed his xylophone skills, I let Jason take him for his final stroll :)
    32423441868_1ab5a06fbe_o.jpg
    I can't remember what the boys' waking wishes were but they got them and then were left to their own devices. I found them doing what they do best :p
    45571789634_f92a16209a_o.jpg
    Someone got in Paul's way as he was heading to the cake so he didn't celebrate with the rest of the family.
    45571789254_b67c8bee3f_o.jpg
    I made him stay close so he wouldn't wander off when it was time for cake.
    44478357590_e28033b272_o.jpg
    45571788924_143a97ab51_o.jpg
    Oops ... paused too soon ;)
    45571788534_d0f8732227_o.jpg
    He's a cutie! :)
    44478356710_da784059ca_o.jpg
    But cuter after new hair and clothes :)
    45571788214_8268c15fd7_o.jpg
    Page 3189

@Puddinroy Thank you :)

@coco Congrats on finishing your course work :) I hope you get to do some simming of your own now :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I know the pic you are talking about. I also felt that Paul looked annoyed by the girls on the field trip :D

@Springfairy556 Sorry you had to get rid of the dog :(
    What an odd glitch! I have never had a sim who couldn't sleep. I hope you work it out.
    I hope they had fun bowling and in the hot tub :)

@Brandontaylor That's a very helpful moodlet! Although I have sent a few sims to uni I have never bothered with the social groups. I should try it one day.
    Congrats on the Transmogrify badge :)
    Brittany is doing great with her challenges so far! Congrats on becoming a werewolf and a two star celebrity :)

@jonny522 The son in your family sounds like a very ambitious boy but at least he finds time to help his sick mother too :)

@CheesySimsLover I hope you have fun with Zachary at university :)

@TadOlson Thanks and great update :)

@CravenLestat The patterns look lovely on the rug and furniture :)
    The family ate cake outside while I was deciding how to set up the kitchen for an extra chair for Jaxon.
    44478356410_33f6074f1d_o.jpg
    Jaxon got Angler on his birthday and his first wish was to learn the fishing skill :)
    45571787904_09283209f0_o.jpg
    His first fish was a minnow :)
    44478355950_2d5bd796a4_o.jpg
    Jason wanted to chat with Josie so I left them to it. When I checked on them they were hugging :)
    32423439388_7a25f0d31b_o.jpg
    I found Josh exercising in front of the TV.
    44478355420_7b9a9d15be_o.jpg
    Ian had a wish to meet someone new so I sent the boys to the park after the birthday. When I checked on them they were playing catch :)
    32423438898_4535d3b074_o.jpg
    Back at home, I found Jason and Josie playing catch too :)
    44478354790_1efa3e809b_o.jpg
    Josie rolled a wish to play in the treehouse :)
    45571786704_4a7d6b33b3_o.jpg
    The teens got to know Jaxon when they returned from the park :)
    44478354390_3920c6aea5_o.jpg
    I saw Jason and Josh heading upstairs so I stayed with them until I established who had instigated it because Josh is family oriented and is not to be trusted ;)
    32423438308_ac343726db_o.jpg
    Josh was responsible but there were no chimes and I double checked with MC when they were done.
    44478354150_387fdae0c4_o.jpg
    After chatting with Jaxon, Josie wanted to become good friends with him so I had them play tag :)
    44478353930_ecce16a50f_o.jpg
    Jason summoned Jaxon's favourite, cheesesteak, for dinner :)
    44478353590_3e2c072f67_o.jpg
    I might have to put the table back on the deck to stop the boys from watching the house instead of the stars :D
    44478353420_8bbb9d5227_o.jpg
    Page 3190

@king_of_simcity7 That's a clever way to fix aged down sims! I never use CAS to age down sims because it can cause corruption but you don't seem to play generational games so it probably isn't an issue for you.
    Cute pics of the blown kisses :)

@Charlottesmom Spencer and Ryan are handsome! Cute selfie! I think I like your TS3 Jared better. The other new sim is also good looking :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Yep! Lots of very badly dressed townies in this save. Most are kids though because I am playing on epic and it's the first crop of kids growing up.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :) Perfectionist sims can be annoying if you want them to do something in a hurry and they want to make the bed first :D
    Cute blonde townie :)
    Nice pics of Jeromy and Aurora :)
    Christopher looks nice! What skin is it?
    Milton looks great!

@CravenLestat Summer looks lovely :) Marlena is pretty too :)

@polrbear I hope you are having fun learning new tricks :)

@meerkattime Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Jaxon will be very handsome when he grows up :) At least I think so ;)

@lisasc360 Thanks for the nice comments :)
    @Mikezumi I don't save these games when I do the stories as I am only going in for pictures and if I need to save them I would use a backup save. Nothing would effect an actually save that I am playing :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited December 2018
    Feedback

@coco

I saw you know have to ask her for the download link, she took
    it down. Thank you.

@Mikezumi

Jaxon aged up to a nice child, lovely toddler photos
    before he aged up. I posted the link in my feedback yesterday
    so you can check there, though now you have to ask her for the download link
    she took it down.

@meerkattime

Thank you,
    yeah Audra is not scared of burglars

@bekkasan

Thank you

@emorrill

Aww, poor Hodge has such a sad background.

I'm glad he's warming up to Miriam now.

@Brandontaylor

Bryce looks great in his new hairstyle.

@Springfairy556

They had a nice time at the festival

@CravenLestat

Nice new sim

@king_of_simcity7

Great updates

@MoonandStars83

Thank you, I enjoyed the update
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill You were right. I did need my Kleenex. What a very sad story for him and certainly understand why he hates the season and has been an outsider in the community. He had so much love for his wife and his two babies that he never really got to even know. Miriam has certainly made a difference in his life and he needed to tell that story to help him heal. I'm glad she mentioned the towns folks side of things that they just may not have known because the couple kept to themselves. Surely someone knew though, she had a job and people she worked with! They should have reached out to the others. :( Your writing is awesome. I could feel the bitter wind and cold as they stood outside and smell the fishy smell (oops, did I forget to take out the garbage... :lol: just kidding) in the house. I love that he had been thinking about her enough that when he saw the ice snowflake he thought of her and chipped it out and preserved it for her. Aha! He finally told her his first name. I love it.....Jaron! We sure do love our J names in this thread. :) Once again another awesome song choice and again....Brooks and Dunn. Woot!

@Springfairy556 Beautiful scenery picture of the town. The festival looks like fun! Dag, the bull flattened her out and then got the pee scared out of her in the haunted house. Not her night! Oh wow, Ryan is still ticked off and hasn't forgiven her for chasing that tornado. Can't blame him with what happened to his family.

@Brandontaylor Congrats on finishing the first uni part of the challenge. She really accomplished quite a bit. Look forward to seeing her life back in SV. :)

@Mikezumi I enjoyed the update. Nice to see Jaxon age up and not get pig tails or that long girlie hair! :grin: He really was a cutie to start with.
    I have started parties over when some of the family don't participate! That bugs me! lol
    Josh looks happy that he pulled one over on you! :) Jason looks grumpy.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Will catch up tomorrow, but just quickly wanted to post these drool-worthy images of Chandra that I made for @CravenLestat. She's a beauty :smile:

TS3-W-2018-12-13-22-27-56-74-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-22-29-29-33-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-22-31-05-90-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-23-05-21-77-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-23-09-44-82-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-23-16-16-36-2.png
    TS3-W-2018-12-13-23-18-48-99-2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file