Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llandros' Ultimate Sim Challenge Rules (Sims 3)

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Is there a version of this for Sims 4? This seems like an amazing challenge. But I just don't have enough of Sims 3 to do it justice.

There are actually several but they are very, very tedious imho. The sims 4 has far less to do then 3, and is more repetitive. Also having seasons is a great way to not fall in the trap of doing everything at once, and moving towns also helps at that!
    edited October 2018
    I have finished season 5 AND the missing grocery store clerk that I couldn't finish in season 4 due to a bug! I am planning to start with season 6 soon!

I also made a slightly different banner for my blog topic, with a oneliner about the challenge instead of Made by Llandros, played by AlHollandiyah. Just because I can I will post it here! : P

oSazr86.png
    Shadami wrote: »
    Is there a version of this for Sims 4? This seems like an amazing challenge. But I just don't have enough of Sims 3 to do it justice.

Late reaction: I have played a challenge of sorts like this in TS4. Personally I think that even if you do just the things in TS3 that you have and skip out all the others, you will have a lot more to do then in TS4 with all the packs. But there are quite some challenges like these. Personally I did the Children of the Cowplant Challenge made by Snowie, which I also blogged about here! But that was a couple of packs ago, and there might even be more by now! Have fun either way!
    Hey @Llandros2012, did you notice you put the 'Advanced Technology' skill at both season 6 and season 8? According to the wiki the best way to start with that skill is actually at the Observatory in the Future World of Oasis Landing, so I'd think putting it in season 8 as a primary skill makes much more sense then season 6!
    edited October 2018
    After making short work of season 6 I am now finished and therefore will start season 7 soon!
    I also finished season 7 and am now working on season 8!
    Hey @Llandros2012, I know that the rules say that you have to keep your plumbot from season 8 for the rest of the challenge. But it seems impossible to move them from one town to the other, unless you are willing to move just it's empty shell! I think I'm going to have to cancel that criterium and just sell it, and it bothers me to pieces!!
    I think I found a solution to the moving: Removing her trait chips before traveling (hoping they don't get lost) and then putting them back after arrival. I also made sure that they are in my sims inventory and not in a chest, as they can disappear there too. But there is something fishy about plumbots. They seem to be a huge alien-magnet. And I mean seriously. My plumbot gets visited nearly every evening! And when I send my sim over to meet them, I have to marry one some day after all, they just grey out all their option saying _ is going home. Could shouldering my sim, only wanting to interact with my simbot.

I had to ask myself: According to this challenges rules this plumbot has to live with my sim for the remainder of this challenge. Do I want to see 11 and a half more seasons of visiting aliens in this crazy rate? The answer is NO. So I decided to skip this rule in favor of playability and made my first sale at the Bot Emporium. Due to having 7 good trait chips and being future tech she sold for little over 10k, making my sim jump from level 1 to level 6. She also hung her shoulder walking into the boot stand. That looked soooo sad!
    edited December 2018
    I finished season 8 and will launch season 9 soon!

P.S. For people that yell 'SPAMMER' at their screen, this challenge deserves way more attention then it is getting. It is massive, it is original and it is really well put together!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    edited December 2018
    Does @Llandros2012 still use the forums? I found his videos a while back and he quit doing them for a while. I do know he returned to them not too long ago on YouTube but not sure if he still uses the forums. I really need to do this challenge, I tried it but never made it past season 1.
    He has commented on my blog not too long ago, so I think he does. What made you quit last time? I am currently in season 9, if I can be of any help feel free to ask away!
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Does @Llandros2012 still use the forums? I found his videos a while back and he quit doing them for a while. I do know he returned to them not too long ago on YouTube but not sure if he still uses the forums. I really need to do this challenge, I tried it but never made it past season 1.

Yeah, I'm still around and check in on the forums! The challenge is not an easy one.

@AlHollandiyah I didn't really quit for any reason other than I got busy. I'm glad Llandros2012 is still here, I may need some advice from both of you.

@Llandros2012 I'm glad you started your videos again, I try to follow some of your tips for the challenge. I really want to go the full way this time but I was wondering what lifetime rewards not to buy in the beginning.
    I started the challenge up again and I also am following along with the videos. I'm basically following your tips and tricks to help me out on my game. You've really thought this challenge out well, thanks for creating it!
    edited December 2018
    I just finished season 9 and will start with season 10 soon!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on

@AlHollandiyah Cool. I just finished the first week of university in Season 1. I still have to get the werewolf curse but I am really close.
    @AlHollandiyah Cool. I just finished the first week of university in Season 1. I still have to get the werewolf curse but I am really close.

Have you found a werewolf yet? If not I recommend plopping down Vargs Tavern in your University World. That made all the difference for me back in season 1.

@AlHollandiyah Yep, I found one named Bettie shortly after I posted here. I just enrolled in university again for the last part of term. I'm not doing quite as well as Llandros did but I don't want to exactly copy him anyway.

First college degree done! I've just moved into a house and am just about ready to take on the daycare profession. Last time I only made it part way through daycare.
    edited December 2018
    Having an issue with daycare. The kids disappear halfway through the day. If I can't fix it, I may have to cheat or skip it. I don't want to but may have to.

Ignore this, I found out what the trouble was.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    Not ignoring; What level are you. I was very frustrated at the Daycare career, because after level 1 no kid ever showed up anymore. I hope that you can finish it without issues!
    I was level one. The problem happened because the child needed fed before I got there. The social worker must have came or something so I just quit without saving and restarted the game and it worked. I'll let you know how level 2 went and see if it is okay. I have to finish Thursday thru Sunday to find out though.
    I dont know what your status on mods is but with nraas I disabled that every thursday is a holiday, because I find it way overboard. I also succesfully used nraas mods to save my save game a couple of times.
    Mods are good, I have some of the NRaas mods.
    Now my issue is saying I am on the clock on a day off. It even rolls over to the next day, but nothing happens.