Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storage of store content

The Sims 3 website is up and we can download what we bought whenever we need. However, how will we have access to store content when the site is shut down (like sims 1 and 2?)

Do you back up your worlds and items? How? Where?
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I've backed up my downloads folder to a CD and then placed it inside of the base game box. Some use external hard drives or flash drives for their backups... :)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited December 2018
    Well, you can't access the Sims 2 store anymore more because that site went down. Eventually, I suspect the same for Sims 3 store... no telling when though since people are still purchasing points.

This guide explains how to backup your store stuff. I have mine on an external storage drive and another copy on a flash drive.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have a backup that probably needs updating on my flashdrive. But when I download store content, when it goes into the downloads folder I made multiple other folders sorted by compilations, venues, store sets, individual items, rewards, etc. This way, it doesn't clog up my downloads folder as it appears in the launcher and if I want to do a fresh reinstall, I don't have to go back to the store website and download everything again. It's already there. So, I take all the content out of each folder and can systematically install everything again. It makes the whole process much faster. I've done this at least twice. So, I would NOT recommend deleting downloads once they're installed. Keep them on your computer, somewhere, and back them up.