Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ciane, @BreeMiles, @suzses: All of your uploads are clean and CC free, and all have been rec'd.

I love the Roberts family - so gorgeous! I don't know if I've ever seen any Sims made by you before, but I don't generally download Sims from the Exchange. (Usually the really nice-looking ones have a lot of CC, or so I've found.) These are absolutely gorgeous, and I think I might put them in as townies in one of my games. It's always nice to have some good looking townies around!

This is not to say that Dana and Franz aren't adorable - they look like lots of fun to play! Franz is a real cutie, with those big floppy paws and ears, and those eager eyes. And I love Dana's lifetime wish - it's one of my favorites. Writers, painters, and sculptors can really do well in the Sims, and those careers give you the freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. It starts off slow, but when your skills get up there, it really takes off. Dana will be a great Sim to play, and it looks like she'll do really well in Sunlit Tides.

I love all of those little starters that the two of you made. I'm terrible at making starters, but Ciane's always amaze me. So pretty, yet practical, and all under a budget. Looks like you're great at those too, suzses. Love all three of those homes.

Now, Bree, I am in absolute LOVE with Minlix Farmhouse! It's the Christmas stuff. I love Christmas, but we haven't decorated yet this year because my father was in the hospital for the past week. (He just got home last night - we completely missed Hanukkah this year.) It was something that in someone younger probably wouldn't have gotten so serious, but he's almost 92, so they kept him there and wouldn't let him go home. (He wasn't happy about it, but he realized that he probably needed it.) So, sadly, it hasn't been very festive here yet. Looking at all those lovely holiday things in your build - and all the snow - cheered me up a bit. Yes, snow cheers me up. We don't have it here; I think it's about 70 today. So seeing snow in pictures puts me in the mood for the holiday, and makes me feel a little more cheery. Your house is just lovely; I smiled as soon as I saw the first picture.

@cmbaker16 : I haven't had a chance to check yours yet, but I will!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @cmbaker16 : Nix Estate is clean and CC free.

The house looks lovely. I've never made a Cape Cod before either; I don't think I really know what one is. I love the mixture of pastel colors in the various rooms. For making things minimal, it's beautifully furnished! I love all the outdoors stuff you've given them to do! What a great home, with so many things to do!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2018
    So sorry to hear about your dad @MiaSkywalker. I'm glad he's home now and can enjoy the holidays with you.

And thank you for checking all the uploads too!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    So my present was done and then the repolady came and stole 16 objects from the house before I deleted her. I'm going to go put those objects back and take pictures and upload :)

I've leave comments on everyone's gifts too :)
    So sorry to hear you didn't pay your bills!!! Ouch!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    And my gift for @BreeMiles is complete! Unfortunately, I only had time to complete this one gift because of school, but I hope that you like it! :)

Link to download the house: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272479
    More pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/93505822@N03/sets/72157674464204227/with/46294783651/

This is Sunlight Farmhouse. I wanted to create a modern, but also traditional farmhouse to go into Sunlight Tides. I placed it on the 40x40 lot called 14 Castaway Cove. This house features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and plenty of activities for your sims to enjoy. Some of the activities include space for one horse, a pool, and other skill-building items that your sims can access. I included space for a garden patch in front of the horse barn. And I included plenty of items that your sims can cook on as well including a baking station, a pizza oven, a grill and of course a regular oven!

46294786601_c3b659a4f9_o.jpg

46294786341_ec9d4fa320_o.jpg

46294784941_7001b09bc4_o.jpg

Here is the floorplan:
    First Floor:
    46294783651_aa13b01635_o.jpg

Second Floor:
    46294783271_db99c3a255_o.jpg

I hope that you enjoy your present @BreeMiles :)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    So my gift is complete, but my router was having fits today for some unknown reason. Finally have it working, but now I'm exhausted, so I'll get it up sometime tomorrow afternoon! Loving what I've seen so far, will take a closer look at everything tomorrow!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh my gosh, @equuest I'm in tears dear! Its so beautiful, Thank you so much for the beautiful and kind gift! Me and my sims will enjoy this very very much! It's perfect! I'm so happy! You have added everything my sims need! My Bree is a master chef all the cooking stoves are going to come in handy! I love what you done with the whole build! The decor is amazing! I love the outside fire pit area! I see my sims staying there a lot! I will be making me a horse for that barn! Such a beautiful and wonderful build! You have done an outstanding job! I have it DL, Fav'd & Rec'd! I will be enjoying this for some time to come! Again Thank you very much!

Gosh darn that repolady! couldn't she stay home and leave my stuff alone!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @equuest When I think of Sunlit Tides, a farmhouse doesn't come to mind. Oh, how wrong I am! Sunlight Farmhouse is the perfect addition to the neighborhood!! This home has fantastic curb appeal and its charm doesn't stay at the curb. The colors/patterns and furnishings used creates a cheerful, comfortable home. The rooms are spacious with plenty to keep a family occupied. LOVE the outdoor layout ... beautifully landscaped and sure to ease daily stress. And ... plenty of room for a horse?! All of this on a 40x40? WOW!!
    It's stunning, @equuest, absolutely stunning! The layout is great and I love the stable area as well. You've presented nice large rooms without them being too large, and your decorating skills are top notch!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @equuest Another lot to love. I really like how the lot blends with its background in Sunlit Tides. It has a very nice layout, and I just love the hot tub/pool area. The light strings and the low IP fencing with flowers atop around the hot tub give it a romantic feel, and I love how the pool waterfall comes off the side of the raised hot tub area. Gave you a rec and am putting this in my favorites to use in my Sunlit Tides game once I get it going.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @suzes Now of course Nix Estate needs someone to live in it, and well I have just the sim!

Gift 2:

In your letter you mentioned that you never played a genie before so I'd like you to meet...

Belle Nix is someone you should keep an eye on, being the daughter of a fairy and a genie makes her quite mischievous. She also loves the outdoors and has a fondness for gardening, but any flirts out there beware for she's a great kisser and a hopeless romantic.

Belle also has 2 unicorn foals, Confetti Cupcake(white, the confetti can be seen better in-game) and Cotton Candy(blue)

a1inmv.png
    edited December 2018
    @suzes I have one more gift for you for today :) reading your letter I noticed you mentioned wanting a junkyard that wasn't out of place so I made the most non-out of place junkyard I could, hopefully.

Gift 3:

Junk-A-Lot This old lot has been many things from an old gas station to a car garage now it's been left to sit with all the old parts still inside perhaps you'll find something of use if you visit today.

qn1aac.jpg

I'm never made a junkyard before so i'm not sure how it works but i did use small piles of junk in the back, not sure if they'll grow over time or not but I had alot of fun making this so thank for the inspiration :D
    @ciane Another day, another gift for my buddy.

Gift 2 (2 parts)

Now that Dana and Franz are settled in their new home, life is getting back to normal for them. They're really enjoying the house and being at the beach. Their daily walks continue as they search for places to play because the only drawback to their location is there just isn't room on the lot for a game of fetch or for chasing a ball.

45575836844_a80386f8f2_z.jpg

One day, as they explored over near the bistro, they discovered a special place along the beach just for dogs (and their humans, of course). Dana thinks they'll spend some time here on a regular basis. Franz seems to agree.

46299378151_837f11abd1_z.jpg

LOT 1: DOG DAYS BEACH (a dog park)

MORE PICTURES HERE: https://flic.kr/s/aHskNPDnXq

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272578

It was rather hard to capture an overall picture of the dog park/beach and especially to have it show what's there for the canines. Their things just look like tiny specs, but doggy essentials are in there. Franz is happy to point them out below.

31360663547_9b9482b4c7_z.jpg

This is a custom placed lot that lies along the beach between the bistro rabbit hole and a residential lot (6 Silent Shores). It's rather sloped down toward the water, so I terraced off some areas for various activities and made sure there were good spots for dogs to play ball and to play fetch with their humans. Where it's located, there is a grouping of Pongram trees, the location of one of which ended up being on the lot I placed. It's near the center back of the lot (about 5-6 squares from the back edge, and a little more to the right if you're looking in from the water), and while the tree was of course gone when I placed the lot, the brown terrain paint that had been under it was still evident. So, I just put a Pongram back in on that spot. I mention this because I think it would be helpful with lot placement in case there are any problems with lot edge elevations or terrain paint matching up with the surrounding area. Otherwise, if you put it somewhere else, you could just choose a larger lot size so you can blend in the lot edges with the terrain. The grass and sand areas on the lot are almost all what was there in the open world, so if you place it somewhere else, you will probably want to make some terrain paint changes.

After I was all finished, I wondered why I hadn't thought to make the lot long enough to actually reach the water. I decided to try it and ran into some problems with the land elevations that way. I think I could have worked it out, but it occurred to me it would be nice to actually have an area zoned as beach instead. So, I went back to the original lot size and made a companion lot, a little strip of beach, to sit directly in front of the dog park.

44482580780_b94e4ec316_z.jpg

LOT 2: FRONT BEACH

No additional pictures because you can see all there is to see in the one above.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272579

ILLUSTRATION FOR PLACEMENT OF LOTS:

44482417580_8410471966_c.jpg

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @cmbaker16 Belle Nix is a delightful mix of mischief and fantasy! Confetti Cupcake and Cotton Candy are adorable!!! LOVE the look of the Junk-A-Lot and am sure it will suit many worlds ... plenty of things to do while there so it's sure to be busy for those interested in various skills/crafts.
    @suzses Dog Days Beach and Front Beach are delightful! Perfect for Sunlit Tides. LOVE how you added things for sims to do while the puppers entertain themselves. LOVE these colors, they work so well together. The explanation for lot placement is especially helpful for people like me, lol
    @cmbaker16 A genie/fairy mix, oh my! I think I am in for some fun and mischief. I just love Belle - she's so pretty - and really look forward to playing her. Unicorns are just perfect for her, too! Confetti Cupcake and Cotton Candy are so cute.

And the junkyard is exactly what I had in mind. I love that it has some things to do besides collect junk. I'm going to put it everywhere I play. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I accidentally uploaded a before version earlier this morning, so I had to go back in and add some stuff.

@Ziristha, here is gift#2.

roof_up_original.jpg

l2wu_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272580

It has some pics included in the upload.

It's not a starter as it's over 20k; but, it's under 30k. So, if you made have two separate sims (not in the same household) and merge them, you'll have enough to start their family here. This time I had enough room for the chess set and garden. :smiley:
    @ciane Today's house is very attractive, too. I'm liking the grey/blue color schemes of both. I can see myself using this one and will be putting it in my favorites. I just love the lot name, too. Great job!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @cmbaker16 - Belle and her foals are adorable! I never would have thought to do two unicorn foals. Are they twins or not? And I love the idea of mixing a garage with the junkyard. That's brilliant!!!

@suzses - Ah, I love the planning (and execution) that went into these! I was having a hard time trying to figure out the room for playing with the ball, so this is perfect. I love that I get to add the lots and should have fun trying to get them just where they are meant to go. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into making such perfect gifts for me. I am enjoying playing Dana and Franz, so this just adds more to the fun.

I did play with your gifts yesterday - the before version of the lot that I mentioned I would start with. I ended up expanding the bottom floor out on both sides, totally ruining the wrap around the porch look; but they always wanted to go into that space to interact and I'd blocked access on one side with the pet bed, so that made it doubly inconvenient as Franz had to wiggle past Dana to get to the other side to be petted and brushed. Luckily, it meant I could add a sink into the half bath where I placed the tub and toilet; and it didn't change the roof line at all!

So, it looks like this right now:
    Screenshot-58-e1544714274160.jpg?w=450

They did have a burglar come by, which always seems to happen after buying expensive items for your homes.
    Screenshot-53.jpg?w=450

If curious, how their home looks now:
    Screenshot-41.jpg?w=450
    Screenshot-42.jpg?w=450
    Screenshot-47.jpg?w=450
    Screenshot-45.jpg?w=450

I like to think that knowing (via pictures) that someone is actually enjoying the gift you made for them is a very special way to say thank you. Thank you so very much. I am truly enjoying my gifts!

BTW, Franz found a pink diamond in game yesterday!

Also, after expanding the house, I realized that I should swap the fridge and sink around to open up that window view more.
    edited December 2018
    @suzes so I have 2 more gifts for you was going to gift them over the next 2 days but holiday baking starts tomorrow and I don't want to forget to gift them. So in your letter you mentioned you were using the Fort Gnome Military base lot in sunset valley as your park and that you didn't have a festival lot for Sunset Valley so I have answered you want of a festival lot!

Gift 4:

Fort Gnome This lot has sat here for ages with a huge dome above it's grounds with nothing for the poor sims of Sunset Valley to do, not even a festival was held. Now the sims of Sunset Valley can rejoice as the dome has been removed and there are festivals to be had.

2v16zkp.png

I kept the jet statue from the original military lot as I thought it was a nice homeage to what the lot use to be.

Gift 5:

and well I couldn't ignore your want of a festival lot for Moonlight Falls either so I have another festival lot for you.

Faire Folk Festival Is sure to inspire, excite, and bring a bit of whimscial to your game. Here you can feel magic in the air. The fairies keep the plants tended and every season there's something new for you to see. You'll just want to keep coming back once you've experienced the Faire Folk Festival.

3461hg6.png

Both of these were alot of fun to make as I love making festival lots so I really hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them for you :D
    edited December 2018
    @ciane no the unicorns aren't twins, but a breeding pair :) and thank you, I thought back to the types of car garages i'd been to as a kid and they were either with a gas station or in a really out of the way place with junk all around so I thought why not create something with a mix of both :D
    @ciane I'm so glad you shared what you did with the fixer upper. I knew you would enjoy doing that and did hope I'd get to see the result sometime. I also considered bumping out the walls and eliminating the side porches, but I liked how they looked and it never happened. I think the only place I blocked off accessibility was where I placed the surfboard near the back porch. You always do a good job of getting a lot in the tiny lots, and I bet Franz can even sleep in the living room area now if he wants.

Hooray for the pink diamond! He found a tiberium when I was playing, and I was trying to decide whether to keep it and give it to you with the household or if that made things "too" easy to be fun. The dilemma ended when my game crashed and he didn't find it again. :D

Dang that (predictable) burglar!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @cmbaker16 *Jaw drops* TWO beautiful festival lots, oh my goodness! <3 They are beautiful, and I know they are so much work. How lucky can a girl get to have you for a buddy. I really like that you decided to keep the jet statue - that was a nice idea. Both lots are not only very pretty but look to be great fun, too. I am going to be getting them in my games sometime today and looking everything over. I'll report back :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top