Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Appreciation

Comments

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I really like sims 4. Even more then sims 3 at this moment.
    I like cas, visual, build, playable, vampires, toddlers, restaurants and of course seasons.
    The only thing I still miss from sims 3 is using the moveobjects cheat on sims themselves.
    I would love to have that back for storytelling. It would make it so much easier.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me The Sims 4 is one of the greatest game I ever played and is worthy of having its name. I think I'll post tomorrow as its getting night here 🙂 That said its a worthy suceesor of Sims 3 and fixes a lit of things I disliked of Sims 3.
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    I love the vampires for this one, now if we also had Werewolves and id be a happy little simmer...happier anyway I am happy with what we have so far and the upcoming get famous pack has me excited
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2018
    I still play regularly (and love) all of the older iterations of the game, and that's because they all offer something different. But for me, The Sims 4 is the richest experience out of them all. I get so much deeper into the characters and their lives because of all the little details. The facial expressions and idle animations, the autonomous interactions, the look of the sims themselves, walkstyles, trait animations and moodlets, the depth and scope of personalisation in CAS - all of it. It's just so much easier to get invested into the families. Also hamsters... I love the hamsters so much!

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want there to be a Sims 5, I just want my Sims 4 world to get bigger and bigger and though I already own every DLC (Get Famous preordered on day 1 lol) I'll still buy any more released to support the creation of my favourite game ever. I'd rather this game continue to grow than start a new one. :)
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited October 2018
    simwolf wrote: »
    I still play regularly (and love) all of the older iterations of the game, and that's because they all offer something different. But for me, The Sims 4 is the richest experience out of them all. I get so much deeper into the characters and their lives because of all the little details. The facial expressions and idle animations, the autonomous interactions, the look of the sims themselves, walkstyles, trait animations and moodlets, the depth and scope of personalisation in CAS - all of it. It's just so much easier to get invested into the families. Also hamsters... I love the hamsters so much!

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want there to be a Sims 5, I just want my Sims 4 world to get bigger and bigger and though I already own every DLC (Get Famous preordered on day 1 lol) I'll still buy any more released to support the creation of my favourite game ever. I'd rather this game continue to grow than start a new one. :)

I agree. I don't want a sims 5 yet.
    I don't want to buy every pack again from the start.
    I would rather want to have sims 4 bigger then all sims predecessors.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @simwolf @Dutchysim I agree that I want to see Sims 4 stick around for awhile and just get more and more goodies. I'm slowly developing my neighborhoods over time and generations, and I want to see where that takes me.

As far as something I like about the game, I've always loved creating new sims, and with personality options, it just makes them that much more real and complex. This is a fantastic feature of the game.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    The gallery is one of my favorite features. I’m not a good builder, but I love decorating, so it’s great to be able to download beautiful lots from the gallery and decorate them to match my sims’ personalities.

I love the way the sims look and that I can customize their appearance. I played Sims Freeplay before and all the sims looked the same (and they weren’t very attractive). I also really enjoy the CAS music and find it relaxing. Sometimes I let it play while I’m working (I work from home). I like the alternative and pop music stations, too. I don’t really listen to pop anymore, but some of the Simlish songs caused me to search for the real versions. I put them in my workout playlist.

The toddlers are adorable. I love how they hug each other, with one lifting the other a bit off the ground.

The only other sims game I’ve ever played was Freeplay, which was too restrictive for me because every task was in real time. I love that this system does not exist in Sims 4. Building a lot is immediate, and I can speed up time when my sims are sleeping or completing some other action that I want to quickly pass through. And I really love the autonomy and being able to queue multiple actions for my sims to complete. I like to micromanage my sims, but I also want them to be able to take care of basic needs without me having to queue it for them.

I love the variety of the worlds and that my sims can freely travel to all of them. Having active careers and retail businesses is great. I also like having access to cheats so I can play the game how I want, whether it’s improving my sims’ lives or having them demoted from jobs when I don’t want them to receive anymore promotions.
  • Options
    redmushroomredmushroom Posts: 9 New Member
    Just everthing... especially the ability to create sims and homes in so much detail
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    I love the CAS and the ability to mold my sims to look the way I want! So much better than the sliders from TS2. Also gotta love the style, the worlds, the Calendar, the way the pets act, the fact that my computer can handle it and all the expansions! The hidden lots are super cool too! I especially love the one in Willowcreek! It's just so pretty, and the added touch of the bells/whispers/giggling/evil red eyes is fantastic! And even though I'm not much of a builder, I really like the build tools.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I am totally with you! I would love 5 more years of expansion packs for Sims 4!! It's such a great game! Seasons and Get Famous really cemented that for me and I've enjoyed the game since day one.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm still loving toddlers,
    painting,
    5 outfits in each category and Sims changing autonomously.
    I also love the little things when I notice them, the shadow of the helicopter on the ground when it flies over in Selvadorada and the ribbons and wrapping paper left under the Winterfest tree after your Sims have opened presents.
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    For me the best things are the buy and build modes, I love them so much, it's so well organized and the search bar is everything!
    The calendar is awesome, I also really like parenthood skills.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm quite enjoying everything offered so far, and looking forward to more! Sims 4 is right up there with Sims 2 as my favorite - with more content, it may even beat 2! It has beat 2 on time played through Origin, but I've put in years into 2 before the UC lol.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    - i love how the game looks
    - i love all different furnitures and how i can make basically any real life deco or build in s4 so well
    - how sims eyes and facial features moves like they should (most of the time)
    - different types of worlds
    - toddlers!! ♡
    - natural pools ♡( i use them all the time)
    - how decoration aka fake cars in map moves like they would be real at least in some worlds
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I may sometimes have a few gripes as to how features are implemented ( looking at you situational outfits!) but, to be sure, Sims 4 is still far superior to me than the last one.

1. It's a stunning game to look at and it's easy to get immersed in the worlds and the scenery and the surroundings in the game.
    2. It has the best CAS of all of them with the ability to truly create diverse sims. ( thank you for the gender patch too!)
    3. For me, build mode is the best of all the rest with ease of change by dragging walls, moving rooms and even moving the whole building.
    4. Cats and Dogs actually ACT like cats and dogs.

PS OP, who cares about Sims 5? Sims 4 still has a long way to go!
  • Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    I love how much interaction you can have with other sims, Bisexual couples, the cool graphics that are going for that never age look.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having a great appreciation moment today. I'm just sending my sim jogging and it's the start of winter in Brindleton Bay. I've been through this before many times but the way they've handled the changing foliage and look during seasonal changes and weather is wonderful. My sim had been pretty housebound for awhile mostly gardening, having friends over and starting a job. I noticed he was packing on the pounds.. so I sent him out and glad I did. It's not that I forget this visual stuff in the game but when I send them out it hits me all over again. Lurve, nooboo. :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I am totally with you! I would love 5 more years of expansion packs for Sims 4!! It's such a great game! Seasons and Get Famous really cemented that for me and I've enjoyed the game since day one.

Well, they did claim they're planning content until 2021, that's perhaps 3 years more.
  • Options
    IchooserockIchooserock Posts: 8 New Member
    I love all the mods available for sims 4. I know there has always been mods for the Sims games but I feel like mods in the Sims 4 are so easy to use, and the developers seem to keep them in mind. You really can manipulate the game to anything you would like!
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    my favorite is CAS. i love being able to grab and stretch the sim anywhere i want. being able to create sims of different shapes and sizes is something ive always wanted. being able to tweak every little detail. all i need is a height slider and it will be perfect
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    nerdysagittariusnerdysagittarius Posts: 18 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > I really enjoy the visual style. I could never warm to sims 3 because I really don't like their looks.

I think the art style is one of the best parts of The Sims 4, especially when it comes to sims. Not to sound like the cas trailer, but you can really make sims that have unique faces and look like people you know irl. I've never played the Sims 3, but from what I've seen it looks like all the sims have the same face.
  • Options
    AlpacattackAlpacattack Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like it would be really cool to have like a university that sims could go to, and you could live in dorms and you would have to pay like 300 simoleons a week or something like that for your education. And you could join your sims to their classes and stuff and get good grades. And then you would have to write papers and other things. Also, I think it would be cool to have an ATM or something to keep money on, I know you can download it as cc but it's a bit hard so if it was already in-game it would be nice. You could have a credit card as well, and take out loans and stuff maybe, I dunno but I for one would enjoy it.
  • Options
    IrynnaIrynna Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the art style and CAS, you can make so many completely different-looking sims; it's very versatile.
    I also love the worlds. They're beautiful.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I know this is something only really small, but I was watching my sim sitting on a bench, he was angry, and I love the little details of how he moved his hands etc, you could tell he was very angry :lol: I think I tend to miss a lot of the smaller animations that you don't often notice because i'm too busy switching between sims. I think a lot of us focus on the animations that aren't yet in the game from previous sims games and then end up missing these small details that make the sims feel more alive and less wooden.