Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Machinima by Simmerville - Jan 18: Mazaloom NEWS Year 231

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Can't wait!!! I'm working on my biggest machinima project ever, AS Sims Go By. Here's a teaser, or more - here's the intro to the first episodes. Might still be adjusted, of course.

This series premieres in September! First season counts 5 episodes :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Did you watch "The Free Will Show - Hug Craze Edition"? I thought this idea was quite fun, and there will be more! Because it will be running as a long term show I've started a separate thread for this project. The main show will air January 2019, but before that there will be 3 more editions to pick contenders. These will be more interesting to watch than the "Hug craze edition" as you periodically get closer to the contenders, the point system is more advanced, and participants are no longer related, which means there might be a free will romance.

advertisement.jpg

"Cook & Clean edition" will air September 17th (4 episodes, weekly)
    "Pets edition" will air in October (4 episodes)
    "Monster edition" will air in November (4 episodes)

Once the 4 winners are chosen, there will be a call for simmers to create a few additional contenders to the big show, a few specific requirements will be posted here and in that other thread.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    edited September 2018
    Just a notice to let you know that my announced series "As Sims Go By" is still in progress, but will be delayed. I got RL busy and also had to leave town for a week. This is my most serious and time consuming production ever, and I really want to make it great from the start! :)

Also, I'm not quite sure there will be any viewers at all, so it feels wrong to spend "night and day" to rush it. This Video Haven forum sure isn't the busiest corner in cyberspace, and I might need some help finding the viewers. Are there any dedicated machinima forums out there? Might need some feedback sooner or later, for inspiration, if nothing else.

I expect 1st episode to air in about a week :)

"As Sims Go By" is based on real sims in my game, and focuses on the Region 12 Council and how my community is run - with plenty of ideas to grab. And there will of course be a little drama and rivalry on several levels. First season is 6 episodes each of 20 minutes, most episodes spanning 1 year in my game. Please check out the teaser (2 posts up) if you haven't already!
    Quick ASGB update: All recordings are now done. "As Sims Go By" first episode is now in post production, and I love this part of the job. Creating the first episode of a series is quite a handful though, and now I will also need to be heading out of town for a week. Instead of rushing this today, I'll save the release for until I'm back home. Won't be long now, I'm hyper excited about this! :smiley:
  • simmers17890simmers17890 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi i need some help im starting a sims channel but i don't know how to get that link \ option that says that im using the sims 4 in the description down below ... if you look in other simmers in their description down below they have a little card of the sims... i don't know if i need it ... but i would really appreciate it if someone helped me...
    Thank you!
    Hi @simmers17890 - I never did anything particular to add the icon, but I think it will get there automatically when you add the "the sims 4" or "ts4" tag to your film. If not that helps, you might need to include TS4 in your title?
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @Simmerville I really hope you will finish the San Myshuno Undercover series. It is really entertaining and imaginative. I often recommend it to the simfans I know :)
    @Simmerville I really hope you will finish the San Myshuno Undercover series. It is really entertaining and imaginative. I often recommend it to the simfans I know :)

Thank you @MonaSolstraale ! Your comment totally made my day :) I'm sorry it's taken this long to complete this series, especially because the script was more or less ready for the remaing 2(?) episodes long ago. Now I've worked on the new series As Sims Go By, meaning I've learned more effective routines, and this will hopefully also affect completing those old series.
    Yay, I'm about to complete the first episode of "As Sims Go By"!!! I never expected it to take months to produce just one episode, truth is I've spent so much time on this that I made less real life money these months, just to get this series going. I can't wait to share it!

Will also need to reconsider my planned schedule, it's just not possible to do all this work every month to secure monthly episodes. Perhaps the first season will need a full year to get completed. Or maybe I learned so much during the first round that I will work much more effectively in the future. Anyway, tomorrow the first episode will be up on my youtube channel, yay!
    Release date confirmed: "As Sims Go By" episode 1 will air tonight! That's inn less than 12 hours from now :)

Several snaps posted on my blog today.

Snapshot_11b.jpg

Grab your popcorn - first episode of my new series "As Sims Go By" has been released! Please check it out, and don't hesitate leaving a comment on Youtube, my blog or here - the response decides the frequency of future episodes. Enjoy :)

Just a quick hello, and to say that I've been extremely productive lately. Episode #2 of "As Sims Go By" is practically done, only very few sound effects remains. And this is quite quick for me as each episode probably takes about 200 hrs to produce! I'm so eager to release episode 2, but because I should rather be patient and enjoy being a bit ahead, I'll stick to the plan of monthly episodes, meaning you might need to wait till mid December. This also gives me time to work on the script for the full season.

Meanwhile, I really could take a little more feedback. I understand it's difficult to comment on a series based on 1 episode, but I also could benefit from some technical advise. I want it to be perfect, but obviously have to take a few short cuts. Any feedback on the following would be greatly appreciated:

Picture: I'm on a low end computer, there's not even a dedicated vid card. So, with these limitations, I think the quality is decent. But - I watch the "best quality" movie on my local computer, not the compressed version on Youtube. Is it okay?

Sound: I know the distance to the sim talking is affecting the sound much more than I could wish for. I do edit the extremes, I want a leveled sound level throughout the episode. Do you think it's okay, or should I give this bit some more TLC?

Subtitles: I do my best to keep the text short, because you need to read it in just a few seconds. However, a few lines might pass by too quickly, I'm sorry for that. But would the subtitles be easier to read if the font was small? I can no longer adjust episode 1, but I have time to adjust episode 2, and if you think it's quicker to read smaller text, I can try reducing it just 1 level in episode 2. I'm watching on a pretty big monitor, but some might watch on a tablet, I have no idea if smaller font would even be readable on smaller monitors, cell phone even... Any input on subtitles?

Anything else that could be improved in the tech department?

Well, thanks for reading. Can't wait to share episode 2 with you - soon! :smile:
    edited December 2018
    Ok, so I understand such a call for feedback was not a very good idea...

Anyways, 2nd episode of As Sims Go By is ready and will be released tomorrow! Stay tuned! :)

Snapshot-se1ep2-4.jpg
    As Sims Go By episode 2 is available on my Youtube channe.

Ep3 will air in about 4 weeks.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @Simmerville I really like your new story. Maybe there is a horror movie on the way? :#
    I have no trouble reading the entire text, although English is not my native language. I like your mysterious universe, your camera angles and your way of building a story. I eagerly await the next section :)
    Thanks a bunch @MonaSolstraale for your posive comment :smiley:

Glad you could read all the text. I'm sill undecided, might reduce font size for next season, but I think I'll keep the set up for this season (only 4 more episodes). And about horror... well, there might be a little suspense here and there, but I'm not planning any big and crazy drama. Hoping to keep most in the "everyday mood", but the 2nd episode ending obviously calls for something a bit extraordinary... and I know for sure that my original manuscript will need some tweaking :)
    My "How I Play" vids was given a makeover. They now come in the format of a tv-show, mix of gaming tips and machinima, hopefully quick enough to be entertaining - in a nerdy way.

I've been quiet in my Youtube channel, but I've worked nearly every single day in January on two upcoming releases.

3rd episode of As Sims Go By will air in about a week! :)

se1ep3.jpg
  • DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    English is not my native language too (but i understand a plot). If you add titles from youtube, people can automatic translate to native language. Good work and keep doing this, because i believe you going to create something awesome! And more subscribers of course. :)
    DDirector wrote: »
    English is not my native language too (but i understand a plot). If you add titles from youtube, people can automatic translate to native language. Good work and keep doing this, because i believe you going to create something awesome! And more subscribers of course. :)

Thanks for good input @DDirector ! I'll look into Youtube titles - don't quite understand how it's done but I'll probably find some tutorial stuff on there :) Thanks for posting!
    As Sims Go By episode 3 is out! Because I'm abroad for a few weeks, I had it scheduled on my Youtube channel. It turns out that when a video is scheduled, it is listed as old on the date it goes public. Bummer! So, subscriber won't get notified this time, unless you check uploaded vis for the past month... I'm surprised that original upload date overwrite the scheduled release date... What did I do wrong?

Anyway - here is episode 3 of my soap series As Sims Go By. Enjoy:

edited February 2019
    In production:

How I Play - more about shopping malls - planned to air next week
    As Sims Go By - Ep4 - planned to air first week of March
    The Free Will Show - Ep3 - into production this weekend, planned to air first week of March

While you wait - there is still 36 hours left for voting on Free Will Show ep 2. There's drama in the house and your vote can affect the show!

• SimsbiosisSimsbiosis Posts: 24 Member
    Your As Sims Go By series is amazing. I love the music you have chosen for every scene. You deserve more subscribers.
    Killing Sims and building houses since 2000. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

firmaforosims.jpg

Simsbiosis wrote: »
    Your As Sims Go By series is amazing. I love the music you have chosen for every scene. You deserve more subscribers.

Thanks @Simsbiosis You just made my day! :) Glad you noticed the music. It's a rather packed series with many characters and many different small stories woven together, so, even if different viewers might have different focus in the plot, I found it could help a bit if each main story got their own music, sort of.
    Ha, did ever something strange happen in your game, and you just had to record it, and hocus pocus there was a short video? That was the case with Penny Pizzazz the other day. She did something innocent that looked rather shocking to anyone outside...

She is a 4 star celebrity in my game, this far the one and only I sent to the Plumbob Studios.