Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever forget about your babies?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @MadameLee There's a mod that lets you hire more than one (I don't use it, but I've seen it, I think at LittleMsSam's). Was sorely tempted in this current household, triplets is a handful when another baby comes shortly thereafter.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @MadameLee There's a mod that lets you hire more than one (I don't use it, but I've seen it, I think at LittleMsSam's). Was sorely tempted in this current household, triplets is a handful when another baby comes shortly thereafter.

even two is a handful since the families/nanny prefer one over the other one.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    No, I don't forget about the baby. I often play on small lots, to have everything (particularly toddlers and babies) close together, so I'll hear when the baby starts crying (once I had a particularly fussy one that would cry once an hour..).
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don't forget about babies either. What kind of parent does? But I have been known to age them up and then delete them. Omg, please tell me that's normal :o *innocent whistle* [/strange humor]

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    harvestmeadowharvestmeadow Posts: 18 Member
    I do this all the time. I have learned to save my game every game morning so I can undo this problem. I did try to get a regular nanny that comes even if I am home but often the nanny wants to help with the older kids/teens as well and let's the babies starve to death. I wish EA would fix feeding babies and toddler to be a priority for nannies.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I can honestly say I've never had a kid taken away. I put the bassinet in the parents' bedroom, plus I tend to age babies up after everyone in the household has had a chance to introduce themselves to the bassinet. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    I tend to age my babies into toddlers. I almost lost one toddler though. She would not eat anything! I would tell her to eat. Give her food and she would take one bite and run off playing. I had to really stay on that little one! I never did figure out why she was so defiant on eating... Didn't matter what the food was. Mac & cheese, grilled cheese, fruit, etc...
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have actually forgot about both babies and toddler's at times. Somehow though it all worked out fine :)
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I haven't had this issue...ever since Sims 1 and the threat of the social worker, I keep my eyes on the little baby avatar. I'm so afraid of them being taken away! But I can understand how some people might forget about them. You can't click on the avatar, they never leave the bassinet, if you're not in a nearby room you won't hear them.

I wish babies had more credit in Sims. All of them, but particularly 4. They way they're treated makes me kind of sad. Maybe that's stupid. But they're legit objects that can go into household inventories, and they can't play or do anything. Real babies are nothing like that! There could be a lot of really cute animations with them, like learning to roll over and crawl and grabbing people's fingers, hair, earrings. Singing them lullabies, holding them while in a rocking chair to get them to sleep, a play mat with mobiles and toys. Anyway, I digress. 😅 I used to work in a nursery so I have a lot of opinions about this.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Um, yes. Sometimes I just get caught up in other Sims until the warning pops up that social services is going to take the baby if they're not feed.

While the babies being stuck to the crib doesn't bother me or my gameplay, it would be nice to be able to take them for a stroll in a stroller or have a baby swing or play pen to put them in in other areas of the house.

And while I'm at it, I'd also like a functioning picnic basket for my sim families.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I never do. I'd feel so bad if one was taken away.
    Which is weird cause as soon as they grow into toddlers I check quickly what they look like as grown ups to decide whether they're cute enough to be the heir/heiress and if not I mvoe them out with relatives anyway lol.
    hahaha This is my kind of playing!!
    And to answer the OP, it is really hard to notice the babies! I've never got the baby taken away, the warnings about social services usually saves me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    snikkipoo wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I never do. I'd feel so bad if one was taken away.
    Which is weird cause as soon as they grow into toddlers I check quickly what they look like as grown ups to decide whether they're cute enough to be the heir/heiress and if not I mvoe them out with relatives anyway lol.
    hahaha This is my kind of playing!!
    And to answer the OP, it is really hard to notice the babies! I've never got the baby taken away, the warnings about social services usually saves me.

Me, too. I just wish we could have the Baby Monitors back. Of course, I do find that the Sims who have the Family-Oriented trait (or whatever the name of it is) tend to be far more diligent in their infant's care. I don't even have to direct them. They seem to 'hear' the baby crying rooms and even floors away!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I'm currently attempting the 100 baby challenge and there hasn't been a single one of the thirty-four babies so far that I haven't had a message alerting me that I had to take care of them unless they'd be taken away- they're just.. so.. dull? I only remember them thanks to the alerts, aha
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€